Favorite players to watch!

Golden Eagle

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

My favorite player to watch from Oakland is Stephen Luter He is a 2 way starter at TE and LB.He has started since he was a soph, so this proves his talent. He is also team capt.This guy is multi-purpose with talent, heart, and soul. He exemplifies what hs football is all about. He leads by example.

I also love to watch Sam Youree, Cord Cowan, Josh Fleming, DeMarco King, Shane Blissard, Drew Hodge, PJ Polk, and Kaelin Griffith. Dang.....I just love to see the Patriots!

For the U of R......Dave Thomas is a phenom.

For Smyrna, I like Willis and Orona.

For Wilson Central.....Lopez.

For Lavergne.......Harvey.

For Blackman.......Mimms.

Being a Lawrence County fan, I'd have to say that Adam Cozart is fun to watch on every play, if on offense, he will throw a bone jarring block...on defense, he is all over the place and usually winds up in the play. Also, #79 Adam Thompson, the DT/DE (bleacher talk is always "why dont they have him on Offensive line"), moves great for a 300 pounder.

Ryan Tallent from Maryville. He is a lot like our runningback from last year. Stout, powerful, tenacious, but the one thing Ryan has over Chris hands down is speed. He is incredibly fast left to right and pretty quick head on. In years past, we were trying to run over defenders. Now there's just a lot of elusiveness back there with Ryan and both AB's (Antonio and Tank).

Andrew Clement is by far my favorite player though. Andrew has great hands, is quick, has decent size and anytime he makes a mistake, he makes up for it in spades. He might drop a long ball here and there, but that's usually replaced quickly with 3 touchdown catches or more to finish the game. He also has upperclassmen experience that can't be replaced.