Who are the favorites in 1A this year?

UCSportsFan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why moose3452 can sit there and say that Ezell is a lock in region 5A. Ezell did not impress me at all last year and they are not even close to as good as CPA. Everyone can hate on McEwen all they want but it will be us and CPA at the top of the region. Oh yeah, it stinks that the McEwen-Nashville Christian rivalry is gone. The games will not even be close this year. McEwen will destroy them.

I dont know why moose3452 can sit there and say that Ezell is a lock in region 5A.  Ezell did not impress me at all last year and they are not even close to as good as CPA.  Everyone can hate on McEwen all they want but it will be us and CPA at the top of the region.  Oh yeah, it stinks that the McEwen-Nashville Christian rivalry is gone.  The games will not even be close this year. McEwen will destroy them.

825389136[/snapback]

i dont no what your smokin but mcewen is a one man team so dont get your hopes to high.

McEwen is a one man team and as long as you stop their big man they have nothing. Also Frey can not match up with Lackey. Maybe Sikes but he gives up a few inches. Frey is terrible. The only reason he did anything last year is because of 6'10" Ryan Daniel. Even last year the posts for Ezell outscored and outrebounded GP posts 2 of 3 games. And he is much stronger than last year. Frey has no chance.

I dont know why moose3452 can sit there and say that Ezell is a lock in region 5A.  Ezell did not impress me at all last year and they are not even close to as good as CPA.  Everyone can hate on McEwen all they want but it will be us and CPA at the top of the region.  Oh yeah, it stinks that the McEwen-Nashville Christian rivalry is gone.  The games will not even be close this year. McEwen will destroy them.

825389136[/snapback]

Ezell is not a lock in the region but it will be close between them and CPA. Ezell is getting preseason respect because they are returning all their key players. Ezell showed much more than McEwen did last year. Ezell has 3 solid players and everyone knows McEwen is a 1 man team. I remember in more than one game last season they had to move Puckett to PG because no one else could get they ball through the other teams press without turning it over. If you can hold Puckett to 30 points you can beat McEwen. NCS lost all of their starters so I would say McEwen(Daniel Puckett) should be the favorite in this 5 on 1 matchup, but I wouldnt count NCS out so fast, although McEwen(Puckett) should win.

Hey NCS03, I know last year McEwen looked like a one man team. But last year the warriors were extremly young and if you remember they were the last team you would have thought to be playing in the distric c-ship. Our young players stuck together and played very well all season. This year McEwen will be a well rounded team with plenty of improvments from last year. I don't like getting in a war of words so I will let this season speak for itself. We wont be favored to win the region but I think we are used to the underdog role! (By the way, Puckett would be the first person to tell you McEwen is not a one man team anymore)