145 Mike Lively

152 Neal Lambert among others

160 Wrestle offs

171 Wrestle offs

189 Greg Way

215 Derek Bookout or Mark Pittman

Hwt Kevin Dailey until Jan.

825452516[/snapback]

There U R! Looks like a solid line up. Good Luck! Do U have any possible Regional Champs out of that group?

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestling Home

The Farragut Admirals Wrestlng Team came in first in Region 2 with 173 total team points. Marvyille was sexond with 138 points. The Admirals had 3 Regional Champions and several runner-ups.

112-Erick Abercrombie-Region Runner-Up

125-Paul Mountain-3rd at Regionals-Returing

140-Scott Dix-Region Champion-returing

145-Ryan Farinella-4th at Regionals Graduated- Little Brother @ 119

152-Chad Turner-Region Champion Graduated- Little Brother @ 119+

160-Chad Blankenship-3rd at Regionals-returing

171-Justin Knox-Region Champion-returing

189-Nick Reveiz-Region Runner-up -returing

All of these wrestlers qualified for the state Tournament in Chattanooga on February 19-21. These wrestlers placed in the state.

140-Scott Dix-State Champion

152-Chad Turner-State Runner-Up

171-Justin Knox-State Runner-Up

The Farragut Wrestling Admirals finished 4th in State remarkably while only qualifying 8 wrestlers. Their team score was 80 points total. Great Season Admirals!

Just a reminder of who we are!

Edited by rigger101

That was an impressive team last year, and you guys seem to be ready for this year too.  I was wondering, how did you guys do in the state team duals.

825463688[/snapback]

Between injuries during the season and not having a full roster, we didn't even place high enough in the district to compete for the duals. Newspaper quote from last year "Although the injury-plagued Farragut High School wrestling team finished only 22nd out of 32 teams at the annual Father Ryan Invitational".

We were giving up 18 points at the begining of every match. Up to then I think we were the 6X defending regional dual champs. Remember the metropolis of the mighty "Green Back Nation" beat us.

Allot of teams had counted us out.

Bearden Coach Quote " As for the team goals, “we’ve got the Knox County Championships coming up (Jan. 31), and I really believe we have an excellent chance of being in the top two in that tournament,” Brown said. “There’s no doubt about that. We’ve already placed higher than Farragut at the GIT.”

Blowing everyone out at KIL and region was a great way to finish.

This was OK because it gave our kids time to heal up for KIL, Region and State.

This year we have a full line up and a very athletic JV.

Edited by rigger101

oh yeah, i forgot, so who made it for region 2, was it karns and maryville ??.  My memory may be wrong but i believe that karns barely beat Greenback.

825463755[/snapback]

Muryville!

:P

Yeah, they came into the region Tourney all cocky and beat up from the State Duals.

It was great to see all their folks looking at each other and thinking "Where did this Farragut team come from?"

Quote from last year's newspaper article:

With region championship victories from Scott Dix, Justin Knox and Chad Turner among eight state qualifiers, the Farragut High School wrestling team won the program’s sixth consecutive Region 2 Tournament championship Saturday.

“I think everybody’s peaked at the right time,” FHS co-head coach Joe Knox said about his team’s 43.5 point victory versus second-place Maryville at Sevier County High School.

Edited by rigger101

i forgot about that. But finishing first in the individual tournament is a great accomplishment, and i am assuming farragut will be up there again. they seem to still have a strong team, especially if Dix returns. Maryville, i am not to sure about, i don't know what they do or do not have, i guess i will find out monday when we face them.