Smyrna @ LeBanon

Guest Christopher A. Burr

Guest Oakland
More people would agree if Orona or Johnson got hurt. Take one of those two out and Smyrna has a problem. They are rolling because they haven't played a team with a defense like Riverdale's

825384972[/snapback]

maybe true but look at teams they have beaten since the riverdale game: brentwood,hendersonville and gallatin, all teams that will be making the playoffs. i think smyrna has a very underrated back at tb in tony shepard, that guy will be a star

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you guys go again. Everybody trying to say Lebanon can't compete with Smyrna or Riverdale. Yes Lebanon has beaten Smyrna before? But, Smyrna has had Lebanon's number the last couple of years. But all that will end Friday night at the Devil's Den. Lebanon didn't get off to a good start, but I think the O-line and D-line busted some butts in the second half. Guys thats signs of a good team that can come from behind 21-0 at half and win the game. Lebanon only needed 8 plays to score 28 points in the first 5 minutes of the third quarter. Maybe they just wanted to give the oakland fans something to get there hopes up. NOT!!!! These guys can beat any team they play when they just play and take care of Lebanon. Lebanon really hopes Smyrna wants to play smashmouth football because that's the type of game Lebanon likes to play. I thik Lebanon will Hit them in the mouth and dominate for 48 minutes. I think that's what your going to see Friday. Lebanon by 21. All this talk about them not being able to compete with Smyrna and Riverdale is bull. I do Believe Lebanon beat Riverdale in this past years weightlifting meet. That's just signs of whats going to come out of L-town, they are on the right track and rolling

Edited by bigballer93

Guest Oakland
Here you guys go again.  Everybody trying to say Lebanon can't compete with Smyrna or Riverdale.  Yes Lebanon has beaten Smyrna before?  But, Smyrna has had Lebanon's number the last couple of years.  But all that will end Friday night at the Devil's Den.  Lebanon didn't get off to a good start, but I think the O-line and D-line busted some butts in the second half.  Guys thats signs of a good team that can come from behind 21-0 at half and win the game.  Lebanon only needed 8 plays to score 28 points in the first 5 minutes of the third quarter.  Maybe they just wanted to give the oakland fans something to get there hopes up.  NOT!!!!  These guys can beat any team they play when they just play and take care of LebanonLebanon really hopes Smyrna wants to play smashmouth football because that's the type of game Lebanon likes to play.  I thik Lebanon will Hit them in the mouth and dominate for 48 minutes.  I think that's what your going to see Friday.  Lebanon by 21

825385084[/snapback]

lebanon by 21?!?!? what are you smoking! lebanon may very well beat smyrna friday but it wont be by 21. if you guys couldnt throw against oakland, what makes you think you will do so against smyrna. smyrna needs to make lebanon throw the ball to win and to be honest i dont think they can do it enough to win. smyrna by 14

Didn't Lebanon have that one sewn up til the final ticks?? I agree that Antioch may be a bit overated.Some teams are very intimidated by that name COKER. McGavock beat them solidly last night.

Lebanon has the same curse at Smyrna that Oakland has for Lebanon. Difference is that Oakland has beaten Lebanon in the past. I don't ever remember lebanon beating Smyrna. Plus I can tell you that the Dwgs have NOT forgotten the disrespect that lebanon gave them......if they do.....Shadowens will definitely remind them. I say this one will be very physical.........Smyrna is simply smashmouth football.

Smyrna will put 8  in the box and take away that ground game. Lebanon will be forced to pass.........since the QB didn't even complete one pass against OHS.....I don't think Smyrna has to worry about the passing game.Well I take that back...he completed 2 passes.....right to our waiting hands! :lol:  On the flip side....Smyrna can and will pass it if their running game is shut down.

825384306[/snapback]

Why throw the ball if they can't stop the run. It don't take a rocket scientist. Oakland just didn't complete the game and they couldn't tackle very well

Oakland[/url'>' date='Oct 16 2004 - 05:47 PM']lebanon by 21?!?!? what are you smoking! lebanon may very well beat smyrna friday but it wont be by 21. if you guys couldnt throw against oakland, what makes you think you will do so against smyrna. smyrna needs to make lebanon throw the ball to win and to be honest i dont think they can do it enough to win. smyrna by 14

825385091[/snapback]

Like I said why throw the ball when you don't have too. Yes Lebanon can throw the ball. Go ahead and Let smyrna put 8 in the box and Lebanon will show you how much of a good passing team they are.

Edited by bigballer93

Guest Oakland
Why throw the ball if they can't stop the run.  It don't take a rocket scientist.  Oakland just didn't complete the game and they couldn't tackle very well

825385099[/snapback]

thats what im saying, smryna is gonna stack the line to stop the run forcing lebanon to throw the ball to win(which i dont think they can do). somebody needs to mic up the lebanon head coach and see how many 4 letter words he uses in this one, and i am not talking about the word pass either :lol:

Oakland[/url'>' date='Oct 16 2004 - 05:54 PM']thats what im saying, smryna is gonna stack the line to stop the run forcing lebanon to throw the ball to win(which i dont think they can do). somebody needs to mic up the lebanon head coach and see how many 4 letter words he uses in this one, and i am not talking about the word pass either :lol:

825385110[/snapback]

Maybe you wasn't impressed by the 4 attempts at oakland, but I'm just saying, Let smyrna put 8 in the box and it will get real ugly for them. I think against blackman, Cross had 250+ on 10-14 passing and I think they put up 55 points and 500 plus yards on offense. I don't think Lebanon's coach has to use four letter words, because besides riverdale and smyrna the other rutherford county teams looked pretty weak to me and Lebanon did what they wanted to with them.

Edited by bigballer93

Guest Oakland
No, actually Riverdale has beaten you guys so badley, they have you carrying their jock-straps.

825385126[/snapback]

go ahead and say what you want, but you ask all those region 4 posters and they know where my loyalty stands. anyways, back to the thread i will say this about lebanon: they do have a nice tailback(cant remember his name) he had good speed but the thing i was impressed about was his vision and ability to cut back. this will be a good game nonetheless. turnover battle could very well decide this game

Lebanon will be the huge favorite bigballer 93 is exactly right Lebanon with their running game will not have to throw. I mean Smyrna hasn't faced anyone as good as Lebanon other than Riverdale. Lebanon is an awsome machine

If Smyrna is fortunate enough to win it will be because

2 of the most elusive division one type players on offense

Lebanon can't put 8 in the box becasue smyrna can and will spread you out and throw. Smyrna is loaded at wr and has one of the most under rated wr in the region in Demarcus Martin (ck the picture in the dnj today) 5 td catches this year

New defensice scheme and personell have really paid off

Over all team speed on defense and shut down type corners playing man to man allow smyrna to load the box.

I agree lebanon is a 21 point favorite and I am sure like always they will come to our sideline before the game and let us know how good they are and for us to bring it on cause their better

I hope we can hang in there long enough to make it a game

other than

brentwood (away)

gallatin (away)

hendersonville (shoot out come from behind then hold h,ville scoreless last qtr)

we haven't faced any body or been in a tough game.