Farragut vs Soddy Daisy

Knoxsoddyboy

Gary Orr and Kyle Crawford will never forget "Senior Night'' at Soddy-Daisy High School.

Orr, Soddy-Daisy's senior quarterback, was outstanding in the Trojans' 35-3 Region 3-5A victory over Knoxville Farragut. He completed 14-of-22 passes for 280 yards and three touchdowns.

Crawford, a senior linebacker, directed the Trojans' defense that limited Farragut to 94 yards rushing and 26 passing. He also intercepted two passes, returning both for touchdowns. His first one was called back by a penalty, but the second went for 45 yards and lifted Soddy-Daisy to its final margin of victory.

After its victory over Ooltewah on Friday night, Oak Ridge leads the region standings with no losses. Soddy-Daisy and Ooltewah now have one loss each and Farragut has two losses.

Next week, Soddy-Daisy plays at Oak Ridge and Farragut plays at Ooltewah. All four teams have already qualified for the state football playoffs. The seedings will be determined next week.

After the game, Soddy-Daisy coach Tom Weathers had two words for his 8-1 Trojans, "I'm happy.''

Later, Weathers said, "I'd love to play that Ooltewah game over. I know it's not nice to say that, but we played so good tonight, especially the defense. That goal-line stand was outstanding.''

With Soddy-Daisy leading 21-3, Oak Ridge had a first-and-10 at the Trojans' 12. Soddy-Daisy held at the 3 with 3:45 left in the game.

"We're still in the running,'' Weathers said about the region standings. "Like all coaches say, we'll take them one game at a time, but we're shooting for the big marbles.''

Orr threw 9- and 34-yard touchdown passes to Eric Atchley and connected with Chris Ricketts on a 67-yard scoring toss. Soddy-Daisy's other touchdown came on a 2-yard run by Justin Hart.

"I really didn't think about it being Senior Night,'' Orr said. "No, not really. We knew Farragut had only lost by 21-13 to Oak Ridge last week and that we had to play hard to win. And we did.

"Their defense was determined to stop the run tonight, so I'm glad the passing game was on.''

Soddy-Daisy's defense gave up only a 50-yard field goal to Farragut's Thomas Riddle.

"That was awesome,'' Crawford said. "Those are my first two picks ever.

"The defense came to play tonight. Nothing we did was wrong except for giving up that long field goal. We were hungry tonight. We didn't like the taste of losing.''

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Farragut................... 0 3 0 3 - 3

Soddy-Daisy...........14 7 0 14 - 35

Scoring Summary:

SD -- Eric Atchley 9 pass from Gary Orr (Nic Coulter kick)

SD -- Chris Ricketts 67 pass from Orr (Coulter kick)

FA -- FG 5 Thomas Riddle

SD -- Justin Hart 2 run (Coulter kick)

SD -- Atchley 34 pass from Orr (Coulter kick)

SD -- Kyle Crawford 45 pass interception return (Coulter kick)

Statistics:

................................................. Farragut S-Daisy

FIRST DOWNS..................................... 4 14

RUSHING YARDS (NET).................... 94 36

PASSING YDS (NET)....................... 26 280

Passes Att-Comp-Int................. 5-16-4 14-22-2

Punts (Number-Avg).................... 5-35.2 4-42.2

Fumbles-Lost..................................... 1-0 4-1

Penalties-Yards.............................. 9-53 9-80

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate ooltewah. Let me try and explain...

If ooltewah loses to oak Ridge and Farragut and if Soddy wins out. We are 1st in the region. Which means we get a better play off spot. OK?

But, I will admit, I do pick on ooltewah more than others. Last year your were 3-7 and this year you guys think (thought) you couldn't be beat. You have to earn talk like that and you have yet to earn it.

You watch how I treat Oak Ridge fans this week. With respect. They've earned it.

825395795[/snapback]

I agree!

Knoxsoddyboy were you there tonight?  If so, di Farragut's line backers have a good game or did the whole team fall apart?

825395862[/snapback]

Yes, your linebackers did have a good game. They shut our run game down. The passing is what got you. Also, your offence never really got going. They switched QBs all night. With 5 min to go, 2 different QBs got picked off inside Farraguts 20 yard line, One was ran in for 6 and the other wasn't. It took 2 plays later for the 6.

We fumbled a kick off twice and farragut recovered one of those on our 20. That is where the goal line stand came to play.

Yes, your linebackers did have a good game. They shut our run game down. The passing is what got you. Also, your offence never really got going. They switched QBs all night. With 5 min to go, 2 different QBs got picked off inside Farraguts 20 yard line, One was ran in for 6 and the other wasn't. It took 2 plays later for the 6.

We fumbled a kick off twice and farragut recovered one of those on our 20. That is where the goal line stand came to play.

825395883[/snapback]

Thanks! That sounds about right. They had the same results against OR. Fromwhat you saw tonight do they have a Chance against the Owls.

Good job Trojans! After watching Oak Ridge tonight, if you can get your offense going next week, you'll beat the Wildcats. Nothing special up there in Oak Ridge. Talent wise, OR, Soddy, Ooltewah are about even in my opinion. The difference is, Oak Ridge is very disciplined. The way they carried themselves was impressive...unlike Ooltewah and Soddy.

So like I said, if you bring your A-game defensively and offensively, you can beat OR! Good luck!

Oh, and how do you think we'll fare against Farragut? I mean honestly...I know you WANT Ooltewah to lose!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Thanks!  That sounds about right.  They had the same results against OR.  Fromwhat you saw tonight do they have a Chance against the Owls.

825395890[/snapback]

Your offence better get clicking! The owls score on some of the craziest things. Like a blocked field goal or an 85 yard run. Those kinds of scores sting you a little.

You beat the owls by controlling the clock. You have a great running back that at times gained 5 to 6 yards a carry. You have some quick guys on defense so that should be OK. I'm not saying it won't be tough, but you can hang. We didn't score an offensive touchdown in the 2nd half, they were both defensive. I don't think your defense expected such an explosive passing attack.

Just get that offence going and control the clock!

Your offence better get clicking! The owls score on some of the craziest things. Like a blocked field goal or an 85 yard run. Those kinds of scores sting you a little.

You beat the owls by controlling the clock. You have a great running back that at times gained 5 to 6 yards a carry. You have some quick guys on defense so that should be OK. I'm not saying it won't be tough, but you can hang. We didn't score an offensive touchdown in the 2nd half, they were both defensive. I don't think your defense expected such an explosive passing attack.

Just get that offence going and control the clock!

825395905[/snapback]

Thanks Again! I think their ship is sunk then because the offence has only been explosive once this yaer and that was against OR. We were in the Red Zone 6 times and couldn't punch it in. I feel we have a great Run Defense but they are weak against the pass. What did you think of Nick Reviez? LB #45 the kid can hit.

Thanks Again!  I think their ship is sunk then because the offence has only been explosive once this yaer and that was against OR.  We were in the Red Zone 6 times and couldn't punch it in.  I feel we have a great Run Defense but they are weak against the pass.  What did you think of Nick Reviez?  LB #45 the kid can hit.

825395913[/snapback]

He knocked MOMO (our running back) around pretty good!

Good job Trojans!  After watching Oak Ridge tonight, if you can get your offense going next week, you'll beat the Wildcats.  Nothing special up there in Oak Ridge.  Talent wise, OR, Soddy, Ooltewah are about even in my opinion.  The difference is, Oak Ridge is very disciplined.  The way they carried themselves was impressive...unlike Ooltewah and Soddy. 

So like I said, if you bring your A-game defensively and offensively, you can beat OR!  Good luck!

Oh, and how do you think we'll fare against Farragut?  I mean honestly...I know you WANT Ooltewah to lose!

825395895[/snapback]

Use the run to set up the pass. Farragut has some trouble with the pass. They will bring the linebackers in and BAM pass for the 1st down.

Grad i dont think yall have anything to worry about. Yalls linbackers will be able to stop Farraguts running game with no problem and they didnt have much of a passing game. If yall come to play offensivly yall will take a vicory. I just hope we can go up to oakridge and suprise the wildcats.

825395924[/snapback]

Thanks guys....but our offense has yet to show up against ya'll or Oak Ridge...I hope we find it! I mean, it's gotta be around here somewhere!!! :lol: Maybe we used it all up in weeks 0 - 7! ;)

Edited by GradfromtheNest