Catholic vs. Webb

KelenWinslowIsOnIt

what a load of crap. The better team didnt win last night and i think everyone knows it. Webb dominated the line and was wearing catholic out in the forth quarter, and would have won in overtime. As for McFadden, webb shut him down. Jeff Jolley is a better back than him. I think Mcfadden can play at the next level, but it will be as a special teams player and in the NAIA. We will see yall again.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GATA4, you obviously can take a loss like a man, looks like you've gotten use to it, i'm sure an afternoon on your daddy's yacht will make it all better, as for the game, catholic is the better team, they obviously let up when it was 21-3, they will not do that next game, they will win by a touchdown or two, catholic however needs to work on conditioning, they never play but half the game all the time, and they looked very tired in the 4th quarter. as for jolly, he's big and strong for private schools, he just never gets the ball on offense. I have to give it to Webb though, they fought back hard and are better than what I thought, Ryan Walker really is most effective in the 4th quarter. Either way, that was one of the most exciting and fun football games i've ever been too, it had everything a game could want and more, well played Webb.

GATA4, Webb won't make it past the 1st round against Jp2, and as for Jolly being better than McFadden, Jolly himself will tell you that McFadden is a better running back than him. Webb just gets pumped up for the Catholic game and will not get past JP2, trust me. Good Luck Anyways. I'd love for two Knoxville teams to be in the state championship game, but it won't happen.

I'm with GATA here, I really do not believe that the better team won last night. Webb moved the ball consistently on offense throughout the game, and shut down McFadden and with the exception of 3 plays the shut down the Catholic offense. However, I dont think that Jolly is a better back than McFadden, Webb is very good at stopping the speed backs and outside runners like McFadden. The game plan seemed to make them vulnerable to a big play or two up the middle. And for the comment of Catholic letting up towards the end...Coach Pemberton won't let them do that and I don't know many players who would let up in a game...and a rivalry game at that. Plus Webb was doing the same thing they had been doing except they held on to the ball. I think that if you take an unbiased look at the game, there's no way you can say that Catholic is the better team. I thought Catholic was better two years ago and last year. All that being said, CAtholic did win and that's the bottom line, but Webb cxan take a lot out of that game and use it for good. I don't think anyone is going to want to play them in the playoffs. I hope they do meet again that was an exciting game.

GATA4,  you obviously can take a loss like a man, looks like you've gotten use to it, i'm sure an afternoon on your daddy's yacht will make it all better,  as for the game, catholic is the better team, they obviously let up when it was 21-3, they will not do that next game, they will win by a touchdown or two, catholic however needs to work on conditioning, they never play but half the game all the time, and they looked very tired in the 4th quarter.  as for jolly, he's big and strong for private schools, he just  never gets the ball on offense.  I have to give it to Webb though, they fought back hard and are better than what I thought, Ryan Walker really is most effective in the 4th quarter.  Either way, that was one of the most exciting and fun  football games i've ever been too, it had everything a game could want and more, well played Webb.

825407882[/snapback]

Come on man. Not everyone that goes to Webb is loaded. That comment was uncalled for and completely bias. I agree with Cooter and Gata the better team did not win. Webb drove the ball all over Catholic and shot themselves in the football with a fumble and a couple bad play calls. I'll give it to Catholic, but McFadden was non-existant on offense. The offense goes to Fleming whose arm I was impressed with, Farris, and Jolly. I would have like to seen OT, especially after that field goal. And Nick McFadden will NOT play at the next level.

Come on man.  Not everyone that goes to Webb is loaded.  That comment was uncalled for and completely bias.  I agree with Cooter and Gata the better team did not win.  Webb drove the ball all over Catholic and shot themselves in the football with a fumble and a couple bad play calls.  I'll give it to Catholic, but McFadden was non-existant on offense.  The offense goes to Fleming whose arm I was impressed with, Farris, and Jolly.  I would have like to seen OT, especially after that field goal.  And Nick McFadden will NOT play at the next level.

825408787[/snapback]

and just as you talked about something being uncalled for... that comment about McFadden was uncalled for. The game is over there is nothing more to say. Catholic won and Webb lost thats all there is to it. Nothing more to talk about you guys can trash catholic all you want and I could do the same for Webb but it's worthless. McFadden was playing terrible in every aspect. He will admit that. and webb did a good job on stopping what wasnt thre last friday.. too bad they forgot about jolley and hare and faris and fleming huh? Anyways there is no reason to talk trash about a player like that so why do it?

McFAdden played bad in every aspect??? He was in just about every tackle it seemed like. He played very well defensively. And I think you have to give Webb credit for stopping him when he was on offense. The game plan they had for him was very good. They kept him from getting outside and he had no where to go. Webb just has to find a way to eliminate big plays. I will agree that McFadden is a good high school back, but if you have the opportunity to see the other backs I have gotten to see this year playing against Webb, you would know the difference. Don't get me wrong, he has frustrated me as fan for the past three years. His speed and ability to make plays still makes me nervous, but to compare him to Dustin Lindsey, Albert HArris, or Courtney Braswell you could see how much better these guys are. And the whole money issue...which I dont know why it is being brought up on here...there are people at Catholic that have a lot of money too. And many families at Webb have two parents that sacrifice a lot of luxuries in order to send their kids to Webb...And Kellen its kind of weird for you to tell everyone to quit trash talkin because you were doing it pretty bad at the beginning, but you stopped, I just thought that was kinda funny.

McFAdden played bad in every aspect??? He was in just about every tackle it seemed like. He played very well defensively. And I think you have to give Webb credit for stopping him when he was on offense. The game plan they had for him was very good. They kept him from getting outside and he had no where to go. Webb just has to find a way to eliminate big plays. I will agree that McFadden is a good high school back, but if you have the opportunity to see the other backs I have gotten to see this year playing against Webb, you would know the difference. Don't get me wrong, he has frustrated me as fan for the past three years. His speed and ability to make plays still makes me nervous, but to compare him to Dustin Lindsey, Albert HArris, or Courtney Braswell you could see how much better these guys are. And the whole money issue...which I dont know why it is being brought up on here...there are people at Catholic that have a lot of money too. And many families at Webb have two parents that sacrifice a lot of luxuries in order to send their kids to Webb...And Kellen its kind of weird for you to tell everyone to quit trash talkin because you were doing it pretty bad at the beginning, but you stopped, I just thought that was kinda funny.

825411446[/snapback]

Okay, well you say that McFadden can't be compared to some of the other backs in KFL, but webb people have no problem with comparing Walker with these guys...To me, McFadden is as equally good as Walker :angry: