Blount County Basketball

dudenoway

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville-lost 4 of 5 starters from last year but they'll always be pretty good

Alcoa-only has one player back (brandon warren) who got any valuable time last year but he's dominant

William Blount-will be tough,they play hard defense and have a bunch of shooters

Heritage-we've been working real hard and we'll be alot better than people think

Aaron Eakins-WB- Great shooter..If he gets on...its over..

Keith Bauer-HHS- Played with the Travlers this the summer..Has gottin really good under the boards and will score just about everytime.

Brandon Warren-ALCOA- Great player, played with him for a game durin the summer..Very strong and can shoot and drive..

Justin Bruce-HHS- Really good shooter..He'll pull it from anywhere and theres a pretty good chance it'll go in..Plays great defense..

Jordan Glasgow?-WB- Good shooter as well..can drive and score over you.

Dont relaly know anything about Maryville..But i think that they'll be the best team in the county..Alcoa will be rebuilding and WB will still be strong..Heritage is workin hard right now with there 2 new assistant coaches..There gonna be comin up..

Can any of you Maryville fans fill us in on the Rebels?

I'm also sure the GovMan knows more about the WB team then most.

These two seem to be the 2 best, but you can't count out Heritage.

Anyone who thinks Alcoa will have a rebuilding year knows nothing about the athletes at that school. They are always just so athletic and can dominate a game.

All of these teams should be quite dominant this year except for maybe Heritage...but they could come out and surprise!!!

William Blount has several key players returning from a team that made the region, so they will be solid. Maryville and Alcoa both lost a lot of good players, but both programs are at a point where they will simply reload, although neither team will as good as they were last year, and their success in football may mean they will have to play shorthanded for a while. By February, both teams will be contending for district championships. Heritage is much improved and looks to be very competitive this year. I can see all four teams being above .500.

alright i play for heritage so i of course go in thinking we have a shot to beat anyone so i'll keep us out of this and break down the others.

Maryville-by mid year the starters will probably be danny saxe, antonio byner, gary tucker, tyler maples, and tre(cant think of his last name but he may be there best player). they have a lot of physically strong players.number 2 team in the county

William Blount- probably start jordan glasgow, aaron eakins, lucas walls, trent palmer and dont kno the other post name. 1 team in the county

Alcoa-brandon warren,kyrus lanxter,rae sykes, jordan stubblefield and dont kno who else. should still be tough. strong down low with beast players like brandon warren, rae sykes, and i heard dustin lindsey was playing. number 3 team in the county.

but really anyone could end up being county champs

Edited by theanswere42

Maryville is returning alot of role-players from last year. We'll have to see which of these players will step up to fill the void left by Gaskin and Tipton. Based on last year's games, I don't think Gary Tucker will be starting unless his quickness and ball-handling has improved. He's a big body, but didn't play much last year. Maples didn't play varsity last year, so can't judge him yet, but he's pretty quick on the football field. I think early on Saxe, Koontz, and Byner will be the starters. Other positions are up for grabs. They have good coaching, as always, and that will help. Edited by jlay68

Maryville will be tough because they always are and will compete for the blount county championship.

Alcoa-Strong inside with Brandon Warren, Rae Shykes, and Dustin Lindesey, Guards have to step it up with Justin Ridenour, Kyrus Lankster, and Daniel Stubblefield. Those players will all be looking for playing time.

WB-Strong at guard but a little weak inside, Eakins is strong and wall is a good player.

Heritage-Always comes in saying there going to be good, may be different this year but we will just have to see