The Purple Puds given up?

DaBEARS2

I dont' really think as many people want to see Central fail as you think....

Here's the thing....those of us who have recently played against Central Purple Pud teams in any sport got sick and tired of all the "mess" coming from Hwy 58...I have never been able to play against a Central team that hasn't conducted themselved in a disrespectful manner on and off the field. Now I'll be the first to say that I'm sure that's a faulty generalization, and that there are certain kids who don't fit that mold. And there is one that I like - Brent Hayes. I like the kid...at least my encounters with him haven't been like many others from Central.

I guess all I'm saying is what comes around goes around. I won't ever down a team or a player...at least if I'm being serious. A lot of times on here I say things to people I know to get them all jazzed up....but I'll never talk bad about another team. All I'm trying to do here is explain why the entire County doesn't like Central.

Please don't take this personal Uncle Ed...I'm just being honest and upfront.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont' really think as many people want to see Central fail as you think....

Here's the thing....those of us who have recently played against Central Purple Pud teams in any sport got sick and tired of all the "mess" coming from Hwy 58...I have never been able to play against a Central team that hasn't conducted themselved in a disrespectful manner on and off the field.  Now I'll be the first to say that I'm sure that's a faulty generalization, and that there are certain kids who don't fit that mold.  And there is one that I like - Brent Hayes.  I like the kid...at least my encounters with him haven't been like many others from Central.

I guess all I'm saying is what comes around goes around.  I won't ever down a team or a player...at least if I'm being serious.  A lot of times on here I say things to people I know to get them all jazzed up....but I'll never talk bad about another team.  All I'm trying to do here is explain why the entire County doesn't like Central.

Please don't take this personal Uncle Ed...I'm just being honest and upfront.

825392221[/snapback]

Honestly grad, i have read most of your posts and they have been pretty honest and upfront, but there are people that really dog central and want to see them fail. this is the second time there has been a discussion about central giving up. That's just stupid, of course we haven't given up!

And I agree with you Uncle Ed....nobody should have started a topic titled that.

I've actually said all year that CEntral has an ENORMOUS talent pool over there this year. We're just not seeing it at its full potential. I'm glad the boys have kept their heads up though. They could have easily given up and be sitting at 0-8 right now. Good luck the rest of the season!

And I agree with you Uncle Ed....nobody should have started a topic titled that.

I've actually said all year that CEntral has an ENORMOUS talent pool over there this year.  We're just not seeing it at its full potential.  I'm glad the boys have kept their heads up though.  They could have easily given up and be sitting at 0-8 right now.  Good luck the rest of the season!

825392229[/snapback]

thanks man.

Imaowl just because your from Ooltewah doesn't mean you have to disrespect one of Central's players. How many times have you timed Brent Hayes in the 40 that you know how fast he runs it? Also, how can you say that he won't play linebacker for a D1 school? Oh wait, maybe UT, Marshall, Missouri, and Nebraska will agree with you. Probably not.

Imaowl just because your from Ooltewah doesn't mean you have to disrespect one of Central's players. How many times have you timed Brent Hayes in the 40 that you know how fast he runs it? Also, how can you say that he won't play linebacker for a D1 school? Oh wait, maybe UT, Marshall, Missouri, and Nebraska will agree with you. Probably not.

825392429[/snapback]

Irish,

Every time Hayes is mentioned in any thread, Imaowl has some smack against him. I sure don't understand the burr he's got in his butt, but I know Brent, he's a humble & respectful young man who's never said or done anything to this guy to deserve disrespect. Nobody on here knows what Brent went thru last year to get back on the field this season & play at the level he has played. Many guys would have hung it up. Brent will be an asset to whatever program he goes to at whatever position he plays, cause he has those intangibles that come from something called "HEART'.

Brent hayes is for real, but he is only as good as the rest of his defense. Everyone has to work together. If he had 35 tackles and they still lost by 14 or 21. They still lost and the defense gave up points. yes he had 35 tackles but the ones he wasn't on and the rest of the defense wasn't on lost the game. No one is going to say Brent played a great game, but the defense didn't. It's a unit. Unless the whole defense played well, you can't single out a player, and I don't think Brent would want it that way either.

um you can always tell if someone played good or not, at least i can i dontk now about...its not that hard to tell if someone is missing all of their assignments or not throughout the game

825392878[/snapback]

yeah, but if you're not there, how can you judge how someone actually played? stats? they don't tell you much about how a player played. What happens if the d-line doesn't keep linemen off of the middle backer? what happens if the full back is his read, and they run away from the fullback? what happens if he had a bunch of tackles, but then got hit three times up the middle and missed three tackles that turned into tds? you don't know really unless you are there, and even sometimes in the huddle. he moves well, attacks well, not as fast as he used to be, but he can still play d-1 football. I'm sure Hayes will go wherever they let him play the game. he's a good kid.

First off I think Brent is a great linebacker! I never said he was bad! I just don't think he'll be a d-1 linebacker but if he is more power to him. He works hard and is a great leader... I just get sick and tired of you guys talking him up soo much and when people around town watch him they are disapointed! He will go d-1 but I just don't think it will be for linebacker. Thats an opinion and you can't get mad at that... Good luck with the rest of you season!