Owls rooting for a Soddy Win

owlsfan10

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of Ooltewah, Soddy, and Oak Ridge, Soddy Daisy is playing the best football as of now. The Owls somehow managed to squeak by with a victory against the Trojans, but Soddy did play an overall better football game. Ooltewah definitely needs to get their game plan together for this Friday's game against Farragut. Now, I haven't seen Oak Ridge play so I can't really judge their performance, but I am pulling for the Trojans in this game to give Ooltewah better placement for the playoffs.

:huh:

believe me they are gonna come out ready to play. weathers will have them prepared. it will all depend on execution and number of penalties. i hope they can pull out that win for ya'll. that way we can both host playoff games and maybe meet again later on.

825399500[/snapback]

When I was at Oak Ridge on Friday, I was talking to a Jeff County player and a few fans, and they were telling me that we were getting the Oak Ridge screw...lol, in reference to the refs.

Also, I was talking to another TSSAA referee who was in attendance, and who has been in it for 30 years in TN, and he said that Anderson County is known for their terrible officiating that tends to lean in OR's favor...

Now I'm the first to say we just got beat, and I would NEVER blame is on the refs...but I know how you Soddy Daisy folks got pretty upset with the officiating at Ooltewah...just beware! LoL!

yea, im pretty sure in the last 7 seconds we had a touchdown... not to say that it would of mattered.. but it would of made me feel better haha o and that late hit... im not so sure about that.. he hit him like not even a second after he released the ball haha but that qb was blindsided

825399531[/snapback]

It wasn't a late hit call. Ibarguen hit the quarterback helmet to helmet. You can't do that in any level of football. If you watched the TN game on Saturday, the same penalty was called against TN. That aside, it was a heck of a hit!

It wasn't a late hit call.  Ibarguen hit the quarterback helmet to helmet.  You can't do that in any level of football.  If you watched the TN game on Saturday, the same penalty was called against TN.  That aside, it was a heck of a hit!

825399533[/snapback]

oh, i was told it was a late hit call but whatever. Also, Grad i saw you walking around alot at the game? haha what were you doing?

oh, i was told it was a late hit call but whatever. Also, Grad i saw you walking around alot at the game? haha what were you doing?

825399539[/snapback]

I was getting some video footage of a highlight film that will be compiled at the end of the year for the 2004 season. Hopefully we've got several more weeks to cover! Are you still in school at Ooltewah?

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Either way on that penalty....remember, it was fourth down.

I was told by another TSSAA official, that is a dead ball foul...and since it was 4th down, the Owls should have gotten the ball, and THEN be penalized the 15 yards. the way it was awarded, the Wildcats got a 15 yard advance to the end zone and an automatic first down. Not that it would have made a difference, BUT they did score on that drive.