Central Vs East Ridge

CentralBobcats101

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Central and East Ridge played last year in the playoffs, this is a much different Pioneer team. ELA ran a very multiple type of offense. Can anyone tell me what type of offense they run this year?

Any team that plays against Central will have to contend with the team speed the Bobcats have. As long as they play smart, they are hard to handle.

I certainly hope the folks from Chattanooga travel up in a big way.

Indeed central has great speed. Don't get me wrong now,but my brother plays a key DB/WR, but if Helton don't pass the ball to him or anyone else, Central will have a problem scoring, as like they did in the Maryville game.

825408801[/snapback]

Allow me to make a correction on my earlier post, or clear it up. Zach is a good kid and a great player. I believe his style is misunderstood, because if he doesn't feel comfortable throwing the ball, he will run it. It makes sense. This meaning, if the intended person or others are being covered and can't break free, he's not comfortable throwing and risk loosing the ball to the other team. So, as long as there is time to pass, he will be fine.

By all means my earlier post was not meant to bash anyone. Central has great football team overall.

I think Central wins, but agree Helton needs to get the ball to other play makers. Because he plays both ways as much as he wants and does what ever he wants after the snap, Central becomes one dimensional. I think Zack is a good QB but kids like Scott have blistering speed and he is a great playmaker. Put pressure on Helton, Central is done. But top to bottom Central will soundly beat E. Ridge.

chrisburr, so you think hixson should have made it. who did they beat and what was there record to even think about getting in the playoffs? well before the season started i think they were picked to make it, but when the season actually started they got a wake up call and realized that they are not that good. I liked it at media dinner in the beginning of the season we were picked last and next to last in the coaches and media poll, and in the next to last week we were playing for a region championship, and i dont care about our 5-5 record, all that matters is we are playing another week and hixson is not.

Chrisburr who won week 8 East Ridge vs Hixson? i think they came to our place and went back home with a lose but im not sure. hahaha