District 14A

thechief

I know its still a few weeks until season starts and its still a long time until district competition begins but I just want to get this topic out here to get people talking and looking forward to the new season. The number in parentheses is what position the team finished in the district last year.

1. (2) Jackson Christian- Lost two starters off of the team that won the Region Championship a year ago. They do have alot of seniors this season, including Alan North, and I heard they got a BIG acquisition to replace Irvin at center. They've got height at every position and they can all shoot.

2. (1) Middleton- Lost Jeremy Woody who will be terribly missed but the Tigers always seem to reload and finish at the top of the district every year. They have lots of athleticism and team discipline, but not alot of size. Should compete with JCS again this year for district and region title but may have problems competing with JCS's height.

3. (3) Adamsville- The Cardinals lost arguable the best player in the district last year in Shoate as well as some other key contributors. This year it will be all up to T.J. to carry this team. They always have shooters and that makes them a very dangerous team.

4. (7) Fayette Academy- The Vikings started a lot of fresh faces a year ago, especially in the backcourt. However, they have a very experienced frontcourt and should have better size than anyone in the region except JCS. They better do something this year because they will graduate three that are 6'3" or taller.

5. (5) Trinity- Showed signs of improvement last year and played without Wilson because of injury at the end of the year. This team could sneak into the top 4 but I don't see them doing much more than that.

6. (4) USJ- I know this sounds crazy. Picking USJ to finish below Trinity and Fayette Academy. The bottom line is, they lost all their scoring off of last years team and I just don't think they will be very good.

7. (8) Madison Academic- I think they have a really good coach and they were very young last year. Look for them to be more competitive this season.

8. (6) Scotts Hill- I honestly thought that this was the worst team in the district last year, but somehow they won some games and finished 6th. Unless something is going on up there that I don't know about, I can't see them doing that well again.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and I was tempted to put them at 4th just because of their name. But that is why these are preseason rankings. They should be based on the talent that each team has coming in, as well as, how they did over the summer. USJ looked horrible over the summer, but I know with their coach and team discipline we will see a much better Bruin team dressed out here in a few weeks.

I have heard that JCS is holding some pre-season "scrimmages" so to speak this weekend. I am not sure of the game times or any specifications, but I have heard teams such as JCM, South Side, and St. Benedict will be there. Should be a good early test for the Eagles, especially with probably two starters still playing football. Anyone who knows anything else about this please let me know, I wouldn't mind seeing some of those teams play.

I have heard that JCS is holding some pre-season "scrimmages" so to speak this weekend.  I am not sure of the game times or any specifications, but I have heard teams such as JCM, South Side, and St. Benedict will be there.  Should be a good early test for the Eagles, especially with probably two starters still playing football.  Anyone who knows anything else about this please let me know, I wouldn't mind seeing some of those teams play.

825416375[/snapback]

Yes, there will be scrimmages at JCS all day Saturday, November 6th. Look for this team in Mufreesboro in March. You have 8 seniors leading this team, with all five starters being seniors. They should have District 14A under their belt if they can get past Middleton, and should win Region 7A again this year.

Word is that St. Benedict didn't play four of their starters on Saturday, including returning District MVP Reggie Peyton. I would have loved to see them at their best versus JCS. Both teams should be very successful this season. Madison still has a long ways to go, I wouldn't expect them nor Catholic to be competitive against those teams.

This year has to be better than last year was for the district. Last season, Middleton and JCS were at an entirely other level from the rest of the district. USJ and Adamsville were neither very impressive and both of those teams lost some serious talent off of last years teams: USJ lost LaFont and Newell who were both tremendous outside threats, and Adamsville lost Shoate and the other big man, i forgot his name. Who, if anybody, can step up this season and be a threat to contend or is it all about JCS and Middleton?