MONROE COUNTY NEWSPAPER

http://www.monroe.xtn.net/

MONROE COUNTY SCHOOLS WEB SITE

http://www.monroe.k12.tn.us/

SEQUOYAH HIGH SCHOOL

http://www.monroe.k12.tn.us/sqhs/index.htm

http://www.monroe.k12.tn.us/sqhs/Football.htm

Edited by Bill#49

I am a big fan of seq and i dont think the yearly salary is 2k. Its more around 4-5 then it would be 3. They had about 50+ players out last year. There is a lot of tallent returning next year and they could be able to compete in their new region next year with a disciplined and smart head coach. Seq does have a new booster club and they have a good number of members in it. I am excited myself about seeing who it will be as we may be competitive next year. As I said we have a VERY tallented team next year including a 2 year starting quarterback who can do it all but struggled a bit this year due to injury. So all this hype about seq being a bad decision for coaches to come to should stop.

I am a big fan of seq and i dont think the yearly salary is 2k.  Its more around 4-5 then it would be 3. They had about 50+ players out last year.  There is a lot of tallent returning next year and they could be able to compete in their  new region next year with a disciplined and smart head coach.  Seq does have a new booster club and they have a good number of members in it.  I am excited myself about seeing who it will be as we may be competitive next year.  As I said we have a VERY tallented team next year including a 2 year starting quarterback who can do it all but struggled a bit this year due to injury.  So all this hype about seq being a bad decision for coaches to come to should stop.

825438721[/snapback]

Wha tthe central office told me was $2000.00.

I had a talk with the AD and the fired head coach was being payed $3500 and he had no experience under his belt. Like I said Seq got a new booster club.

Sequoyah loses their three best players: Watkins, Jones, Lee

This was starting FB, WR, and TB. Good luck.

You must not be watching any games of sequoyah. Yes J. Jones was the best all around player and could have played everywhere, he will be missed, Watkins was a great fullback and outstanding linebacker and will be replaced by 2 players, West (5'10 175lbs) and Beddingfield (5'11 170lbs) both having a nose for the football, and for Lee, I didn't hear his name being called much and I was at every one of the home games... Maybe he did something on the away games? Only thing I saw was 2-3 yard gains and maybe some busted plays here and there resulting in 10-20 yards but as for that he had a problem with fumbling at home, therefore, he can easily be replaced by a lot of the athletes at sequoyah. Thanks and have a good day.

I had a talk with the AD and the fired head coach was being payed $3500 and he had no experience under his belt.  Like I said Seq got a new booster club. 

You must not be watching any games of sequoyah.  Yes J. Jones was the best all around player and could have played everywhere,  he will be missed, Watkins was a great fullback and outstanding linebacker and will be replaced by 2 players, West (5'10  175lbs) and Beddingfield (5'11  170lbs) both having a nose for the football, and for Lee, I didn't hear his name being called much and I was at every one of the home games... Maybe he did something on the away games?  Only thing I saw was 2-3 yard gains and maybe some busted plays here and there resulting in 10-20 yards but as for that he had a problem with fumbling at home, therefore, he can easily be replaced by a lot of the athletes at sequoyah.  Thanks and have a good day.

825440541[/snapback]

any news

If he was being paid $3500 then it was supplemented by the booster club because the county stipend is $2000.

825448284[/snapback]

The booster club isnt paying anything for the new head coach. The offer is still at $3500 and it is up to them whether or not they wanna pay for Assistant's. So far there seems to have been a couple submissions and one from a well known coach.