ND WINS!

irishlu

First off guys, the post is not about webb and JP2, its about Catholic and Notre Dame, so if u want to get ur panties in a wad than do it somewhere else.  Second, in defense to both Webb and JP2, both TEAMS play with class, win or lose.  But you have to remember every TEAM has a few FANS who are not good losers or winners, and there are also some teams who have a few PLAYERS who do not know how to win or lose with class.  I know for a fact that both Webb and JP2 TEAMS can lose with class.  Not so sure about win because neither team has won since i have been playing.  As far as Notre Dame goes, congrats on the win.  You out-played my Irish the whole game and i commend you for that.  But to be honest with you, it is clear ND does not know how to win with class.  Their coachs and players were running around screaming in our faces.  Their band moved to play in front of our fans at the end of the game just to ###### us off.  As they pulled out of the parking lot, their busses were honking their horns.  They acted like a bunch of 2 year olds.  Even when both teams came together to pray at the end, they still continued to yell and scream like little girls.  As for this TRUE Irish player, i hope briarcrest demolishes Notre Dame

825421956[/snapback]

Normally I sit back and read all of the enlightening comments everyone posts here. Not this time! Notre Dame has overcome a great deal of adversity coming from a 1 – 9 season last year. No one, and I mean no-one outside of the Notre Dame community has given them any credit for the tremendous turnaround in this program. This team knows how to lose with grace and dignity and is now learning how to win with confidence and pride. If you want to bring up class, leave Catholic out! How do you display class by beating your opponent 70 – 7 or 65-19? How do you display class by taking cheap shots at the opposing players while you think no-one is watching? How do you show class by locking the doors to the opposing team’s locker room? How do you show class by turning out the lights while the opposing players are changing clothes and trying to eat prior to loading the bus? If a loud spirit bus offends you, tough! If the band plays too loud while marching back to their bus, tough! If the coaches, players, band and fans celebrate while still on your grounds, tough! The bottom line is that Notre Dame prepared for the game and came to play. Catholic was obviously too busy reviewing Briarcrest game tapes and making reservations for the trip to Memphis! Catholics arrogance and self-serving pride was a significant factor in their loss to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Face it and quit your crying! Good luck to Chattanooga’s Fighting Irish as you move forward in the playoffs!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I sit back and read all of the enlightening comments everyone posts here. Not this time! Notre Dame has overcome a great deal of adversity coming from a 1 – 9 season last year. No one, and I mean no-one outside of the Notre Dame community has given them any credit for the tremendous turnaround in this program. This team knows how to lose with grace and dignity and is now learning how to win with confidence and pride. If you want to bring up class, leave Catholic out! How do you display class by beating your opponent 70 – 7 or 65-19? How do you display class by taking cheap shots at the opposing players while you think no-one is watching? How do you show class by locking the doors to the opposing team’s locker room? How do you show class by turning out the lights while the opposing players are changing clothes and trying to eat prior to loading the bus? If a loud spirit bus offends you, tough! If the band plays too loud while marching back to their bus, tough! If the coaches, players, band and fans celebrate while still on your grounds, tough! The bottom line is that Notre Dame prepared for the game and came to play. Catholic was obviously too busy reviewing Briarcrest game tapes and making reservations for the trip to Memphis! Catholics arrogance and self-serving pride was a significant factor in their loss to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Face it and quit your crying! Good luck to Chattanooga’s Fighting Irish as you move forward in the playoffs!

825422791[/snapback]

[/quote

You have no idea what you are talking about. We take out our first string and put in our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string by the middle of the 3rd quater on all of our blowouts. Its not our fault our 4th string can score as well. Second, we lock the doors because we have had a history of people coming into the locker room and stealing stuff. I am sorry if u can't wait a few minutes to get into your locker room. Catholic did not once review anything on briarcrest. We prepared for Notre Dame just like we do any other team, never looking ahead. We are not arrogant. I have already congratulated ND on the win. I have faced the loss and i am not crying. Your post goes to prove my point in my last post that some teams just do not know how to win or lose.

It's kinda funny that the Notre Dame Irish came to knoxville in the form of a high school and a college this weekend, both as underdogs and won.  The person(GATA) who said sportsmanship doesn't matter after middleschool is the same guy who does these things on the field that make himself and his team and his entire school appear to be idiots, that is why sportsmanship is important, with out sportsmenship sports stop being fun, wins and losses matter ALOT but so does the way one conducts themselves on the field. Please!!! Guys in this thread I've heard more accusations of bad sportsmanship than I've ever heard before.  Let's not be bad sports ourselves by coming out and letting everyone know how bad someone acted during or after a game, some things are unacceptable, but we are giving the enitire issue of what happened too much talk while we should be congratulating Notre Dame on a huge win over Catholic.

825422220[/snapback]

i am speechless so I'll let that post do the talking for me. I gotta give it up to ND and give them the best of luck these up coming weeks are going to be tough. Hope you guys go to the championship.