new Independence wrestlers

Patriot5

The wrestlers to watch out for are the ones next year that will be moving to Independence. I recently went to a Heritage wrestling match and saw the following wrestlers who will defintly make an impact in High School.

103- Chase Beasley

130- Brother of Courtney Coffey, Jeremy

135- Clayton Bradley and Ben Little

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wrestlers to watch out for are the ones next year that will be moving to Independence. I recently went to a Heritage wrestling match and saw the following wrestlers who will defintly make an impact in High School.

103- Chase Beasley

825436673[/snapback]

more to that would be

171- Tony something a new kid from Flordia

215- Thomas Berry

I have a great respect for all the atheletes @ independence. The AD is a good man and has squeezed every dollar out of a tiny budget to field teams in just about every sport. He is a former pro basketball player that played in Europe quit to get inot high school sports. He is gassed to be @ Independence. He is even selling his home to move closer to the school so he can spend more time on campus. I am to understand that the football coach volunteered to be the wrestling coach..volunteered. no pay just a little glory if he wins. That is what high school sports should be all about.

I have a great respect for all the atheletes @ independence. The AD is a good man and has squeezed every dollar out of a tiny budget to field teams in just about every sport. He  is a former pro basketball player that played in Europe quit to get inot high school sports.  He is gassed to be @ Independence. He is even selling his home to move closer to the school so he can spend more time on campus. I am to understand that the football coach volunteered to be the wrestling coach..volunteered. no pay just a little glory if he wins. That is what high school sports should be all about.

825438108[/snapback]

If you look at the supplement many of us wrestling coaches get, you would consider it volunteer work also. My supplement works out to around .50 an hour.

This is not an exageration.

I know I don't do it for the money, I do it because I care for the kids.

So are the bets on the table that Jeremy Coffey won't follow his older brother to Div II? Courtney is amazing on the grid iron and impressive on the mats. It was a great loss to Williamson County High Schools to see him go Div II when he hit high school! These boys have an athlete in their father, what a great guy. Any program with these kids and parents, has an ace in the hole!

Independence has got a great feeder program in Heritage. The guys working with the kids there have busted their tails and got their kids all the mat time they can find during HVAC and off season events.

If you look at the supplement many of us wrestling coaches get, you would consider it volunteer work also.  My supplement works out to around .50 an hour.

This is not an exageration.

I know I don't do it for the money, I do it because I care for the kids.

825438270[/snapback]

Dear Coach,

I was not trying to take anything away from "paid" coaches. I an keenly aware that you are not paid for your time. In fact nothing can compensate for your time that you give to your team and take from your family. My intent was to praise a young first year AD for doing a great job. It was not my intent to slight anyone.

If I have offended you I apoligize.

Irishdad

Thank you

825438343[/snapback]

No, I took no offense, I think it is great that the Independence football coach is volunteering his time. I just don't want anyone to think that most of the coaches are doing it for the money. Once again, I took no offense. I enjoy your posts and find you to be a very fair and level headed person.

Thanks for your reply

103- Chase Beasley

825436673[/snapback]

Talyor Dixon will also be at independence next year. The kid is an animal