Blount County Championship

Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I would have to disagree with the assessment of Meadows as a good coach. He might be an offensive whiz but I also know his teams have always been known for a lack of class and a lack of discipline. That was the case when he was Alcoa and I am an Alcoa supporter. Believe me there were no tears shed when he left Alcoa. The Alcoa administration was tired of receiving numerous calls each Monday morning after a Friday game from the game referees, the opposing coaches, etc... complaining about Meadows and how his team acted. He might be a winner as a coach but winning without class and dignity is not something to be proud of in my book.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to disagree with the assessment of Meadows as a good coach.  He might be an offensive whiz but I also know his teams have always been known for a lack of class and a lack of discipline.  That was the case when he was Alcoa and I am an Alcoa supporter.  Believe me there were no tears shed when he left Alcoa.  The Alcoa administration was tired of receiving numerous calls each Monday morning after a Friday game from the game referees, the opposing coaches, etc... complaining about Meadows and how his team acted.  He might be a winner as a coach but winning without class and dignity is not something to be proud of in my book.

825465554[/snapback]

Not gonna disagree with your insight JR. You'd know more about it than me...at the very least, they have a coach that can win games. Also, given the problems they had early on this year, wouldn't a rouge coach suite their mentality out there? Kinda like a Barry Switzer....without the chamionships :rolleyes:

Not gonna disagree with your insight JR. You'd know more about it than me...at the very least, they have a coach that can win games.  Also, given the problems they had early on this year, wouldn't a rouge coach suite their mentality out there?  Kinda like a Barry Switzer....without the chamionships  :rolleyes:

825465564[/snapback]

As always you are on top of it. I guess now we can expect drugs, guns, and prostitutes down at WB.

JRC, as a William Blount supporter, I take exception to your statement about guns, drugs and prostitutes. Sounds like you have a personal axe to grind with Meadows. As I stated in an earlier post some city school fans ,not all, make it hard for some of us county fans to support your programs.......

825465633[/snapback]

Not to argue with you VTEC, but I've heard more than just jrc say that about meadows...I don't care either way. I just wanna see blount co schools evelvate their play...as long as no one gets hurt in doing it. thumb

As always you are on top of it.  I guess now we can expect drugs, guns, and prostitutes down at WB.

825465589[/snapback]

JRC,

For what it's worth ... if I ... or anyone else ... had made a statement like yours above and directed it toward Alcoa, you would have been all over us telling us it was beneath us or unclassy or uncalled for.

I don't have any children on the football team, (all girls) but they are or have played other sports at WB. I can feel for the parents with kids on the football team, I would like to see the kids and coach Meadows get the kind of support that will turn WB's football team into winners like Alcoa and Maryville. I don't know anything about coach Meadows , but geeeeez at least give him a chance......

I don't have any children on the football team, (all girls) but they are or have played other sports at WB. I can feel for the parents with kids on the football team, I would like to see the kids and coach Meadows get the kind of support that will turn WB's football team into winners like Alcoa and Maryville. I don't know anything about coach Meadows , but geeeeez at least give him a chance......

825465715[/snapback]

Well said VTEC. I'm with you on that. I just hate to see these traditional rivalries go away. That's one less time a year I get to see GOVMAN!

Thats right! And whoever they schedule it should be a slap in the face for a 5A school to drop a 2A school that they were scared and tired of loseing to  and scheuled them for a win. that would tick me off and I bet it will whoever they schedule instead of us.

825449639[/snapback]

The fourth place team in Seymours region played The #1 3A team in the state to the wire. AE won 8 to 0 so I would not say they are the weakest region in the state. ;)