Weight test

Reb Wrestler

i found out i get to go to 125 whenever it goes to 127 thanks for yalls help

825450276[/snapback]

Reb wrestler - There is not enough details here to be sure of what your situation really is, but if you were under 7% when you tested and missed 125# by .1#, then I don't believe you can go can't go 125# weight class even when it goes to 127#. My two sons were in this same type situation. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

Wow - this one is really critical to a whole bunch of wrestlers. Can anyone give us clarification ? If the test said the lowest you can cut to is 125.1, does that allow you to go to 125 after it moves up to 127 with the 2 lb allowance ?

825450398[/snapback]

The rule says: "A two-pound growth allowance shall be added to each weight class after December 25. The weight classes remain the same for the purposes of the weight management program."

This means the two-pound growth allowance doesn't apply to the weight management program. So, if the test result shows that you should weigh 125.1 at 7% body fat, then you can wrestle 125 ONLY IF your body fat percentage is 7% or more AND you get permission from your parents and a physician give you permission to wrestle 125. If you weigh more than 125 pounds and your body fat percentage is less than 7%, you cannot wrestle in the 125 class at all, even when it moves up to 127 on December 25.

The rule says:  "A two-pound growth allowance shall be added to each weight class after December 25. The weight classes remain the same for the purposes of the weight management program."

This means the two-pound growth allowance doesn't apply to the weight management program.  So, if the test result shows that you should weigh 125.1 at 7% body fat, then you can wrestle 125 ONLY IF your body fat percentage is 7% or more AND you get permission from your parents and a physician give you permission to wrestle 125.  If you weigh more than 125 pounds and your body fat percentage is less than 7%, you cannot wrestle in the 125 class at all, even when it moves up to 127 on December 25.

825450466[/snapback]