Elizabethton vs. Cloudland

coachh17

Thanks for bellying up to the bar Krich.  Let's hold the mayo till the cyclones meet M"town West tommorow afternoon.  I will say this.  This group of lady cyclones have the potential to go as far as they want.......There is no "I" in team.......

825454256[/snapback]

Perfectly Put, corner. And just to make "Pride's" night, I'm picking M"town in a crow, er uh nail biter. :) Go Cyclones.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting coachescorner:

Good one Krich. Looks like your beloved Rangers won tonight. You know last year we had two girls substate games in Carter County, can we make it two in a row??

Yes, I'm up already. Geez...it's already past four A M :P .

And I get mad every time I think of that totally uncalled for whistle against Forbes. At best it should've been a no-call, or at least the ref who was in position should've made the call (charging or traveling would've sufficed), not the guy on the far side. The Lady Cyclones and Lady Rangers should've both traveled to State last season.

I expect Elizabethton to be in a substate game. I expect Unaka to be in a substate game. But let's watch the injury reports leading up to March. And though you've correctly pointed out the effectiveness of the Cyclone's bench.... any one of the BIG THREE goes down and bench or no bench, the loss would be devastating. Each of them are such impact players. And before I get accused of Cyclone bashing, try playing a game at Central or Unicoi without one of them.

Same goes for Unaka. They're deeper for now; but they have to stay healthy. Unaka will be pushed by Cloudland; and could and probably will have to play them four times; That's no easy task. And though a very bright coach pointed out to me last night that Unaka couldn't beat Cloudland by forty-plus points (and I expect he's right, plus they have no reason to); Chambers will take a one point victory over them any day; especially if there's a home substate game at stake.

Gosh, it's getting better and better. And it isn't even Christmas yet.

Thanks for bellying up to the bar Krich. Let's hold the mayo till the cyclones meet M"town West tommorow afternoon. I will say this. This group of lady cyclones have the potential to go as far as they want.......There is no "I" in team.......

825454256[/snapback]

Doesn't matter where or how far they go. They can't get there without going through Unicoi County. Should be good games if both teams are healthy and fouls get distributed evenly. If they call the over the backs and the charging Elizabethton will be in foul trouble early. So far this year they've let them get away with them. Depends on whether they get the refs that call in Carter County during summer ball or not.

Lady Cyclones prevail over Morristown West in a cat fight! Way to go, ladies! Even with a little bit of foul trouble, they still held on to the lead. Morristown trailed the entire game. This was a good test for the lady cyclones, because Morristown West is in the top 3 probably of their region. Science Hill is next...any predictions?

825455455[/snapback]

Double-Digit Win for Lady Cyclones

If Cloudland can handle the OUTSTANDING Cyclone defensive Trap, Cloudland wins. 

If EHS is able to avoid foul trouble in what is sure to be a Very Physical game, Cyclones win.

If Cloudland can make this a half-court game, and cover Camaron Crapps, possibly with a box-one, again I think Cloudland wins. 

However, I have to think that Elizabethton will convert off their defensive pressure; that's when RIKKI becomes dominant.

But, Coach Birchfield is never heistant to go deep into his bench.  That, that DEPTH thing again, is important.  At this point in the season, Depth favors Cloudland.

Duhhhh........  ;)    Come on Krich, give a bit of credit where it is trully due.

EHS has the all-stater; but there seems to be a major learning curve taking place with all the youth. The Lady Cyclones lost more to graduation than what some might think; three starters and an outstanding defensive player are off to college.  It's NEVER easy to replace that many players.... not this early in the season.   

Therefore, I think CLOUDLAND wins in a SLUG-FEST.

825453489[/snapback]

Duhhhhh...... :D

Edited by GLee