Weekly Carter County Top 5

coachh17

Quoting GLee:

"Krich, I guess people get a little touchy when any rankings of any kind come out. Everyone has opionions and it is healthy to "chat" of them in the correct manner. Sooooooooo......... Several rank Unaka as #1 and several rank Betsy as #1. Behind them are three teams that could beat you on the right night. Sounds like ladies basketball is well in Carter County (including Elizabethton). What else could we ask for as far as quality up here in the "sticks". Personally, I kind of like it.

As I have written in the past, I like the quality of the youth at Elizabethton and the contribution they make jointly. I'll still stand by that eventhough I'm sure they are in for some rough times soon.

Good luck to you guys......."

That's about as well-stated as anything I've read on here in months.

I still see the "potential" of four local teams traveling to Murfreesboro. The regionals can be very disappointing or even SHOCKING, one way or other; same goes for sub-state games. And everyone go ahead and laugh, but I still think the Cyclones, Rangers, Highlanders and Lady Devils are the four teams with the best chance to advance.

HOWEVER.... I expect the Rangers to have their hands full of Lady Bulldogs this weekend.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey meow, what up! The Lady Highlanders are doing great. McGuire, Lunsford, and Banner are racking up some offense. The outside shooting is impressive as well. Give Birchfield credit: he's not our favorite dude but he's really trying. Oh yeah! and Kayla must have grown at least 2 inches this year. The last time I talked to her, she could look me eye to eye. What are they feeding you girls these days? :D

Storm,

I saw your dad and sister last night; nope, she still will NOT give me a hug. You missed a GREAT game. The Oliver explosion was the story, but Banner was a threat throughout.

You should head on down here tonight, I'll buy you a pepsi to help us wash down the Ever-Clear you have stashed under the seat of that Dakota. <_<

Actually, I might have some moonshine stashed for Donald's disciples and the King's court. Thats what law enforcement needs. Some drunk red-neck kids on the loose. Seriously, I'm having a hard time making it to these games anymore. The older I get, the less time I have. Hopefully, I can make it to one of the Christmas tournament games before I leave for Florida. Krich, sleep well my friend :lol:

P.S. My sister probably smelled the Jim Beam on your breath. You have to remember, she's the good one of the two. he he! :D

krich, on the heels of two loses in the Greene Co. Classic by the Cyclones, I officially lay down the red carpet to the Lady Rangers as the top team in Carter Co. At least until the Cyclones look like they want to play basketball..... The Cylcones got beat by two excellant teams, but they failed to show up in the last 6 quarters they have played.

1. Unaka

2. Elizabethton

3. Hampton

4. Cloudland

5. Happy Valley

Good luck to you and yours!

disclaimer: the season isn't over yet

Well, I much prefer looking up in the rankings ....at this time of the season. I didn't necessarily think that EHS would go to Greeneville and wipe em out, but it can be very disheartening when they don't seem to play to their potential.

I still have a Very Good feeling about this team. That defense can be overwhelming at times; such a KEY to late-season success.

For what it's worth: I'm spending nearly all my waking hours trying to zone in on how to do our Website; and the rest of my time complaining about how bad I feel :(

And then, the devastation ....now up to 80,000 dead.... and counting... I'm just so thankful to God that we are in such a Great Location. Those folks are, well, I doubt that any of us can even imagine.

Hang in, GLee; and again, I have good feelings about the Lady Cyclones. Lots of talent, a GREAT group of LADIES.