How do you see this article?

JumpMaster

There are different points of view on this article in the Knoxville Sentinel.

Some of the supporters of the Farragut program feel that this article has put a negative light on our program. Others feel that it was informative and any press is better than no press.

I would like to know what others outside our program thought when they read this information on CoachT.

No worry, Farragut wrestling on track

Edited by JumpMaster

I felt it was a negative toward the program and probably stems from negative posts regardind schedule, weight management among the key culprits. I have challenged on multiple occassions Rigger 101 for what I thought were negatives about the Farragut program. I believe that if this individual is a part of the Farragut programm he needs to tone it down quite a bit. The article had your coach on the ropes defending his program and his kids,when he should have been in a position to talk up the positives about his highly ranked and regarded program. Farragut has had some pretty fair teams in the past but this is probably it's best since the days of Coach Knox and Coach Ferguson. When you post alot rubbish the news hounds read Coacht and then go after the coaches by puttung them on the defensive. Farragut has I believ e two Nationaly ranked wrestlers in Knox and Dix and that should have been the highlight of the article. Scheduling every met early only leads to poor State Tounament preparation and that too was a major focus of the article. The two young coaches are the cream of the crop in the area and should be treated as such and should never be forced to defend their kids. I am not a part of the Farragut program just a fan of the team and believe they will shine when it counts as the season progresses. Rigger I must state to you that you need to watch what you post as it seems to have a way of finding itself into the perception of the team.

I felt it was a negative toward the program and probably stems from negative posts regardind schedule, weight management among the key culprits. I have challenged on multiple occassions Rigger 101 for what I thought were negatives about the Farragut program. I believe that if this individual is a part of the Farragut programm he needs to tone it down quite a bit. The article had your coach on the ropes defending his program and his kids,when he should have been in a position to talk up the positives about his highly ranked and regarded program. Farragut has had some pretty fair teams in the past but this is probably it's best since the days of Coach Knox and Coach Ferguson. When you post alot rubbish the news hounds read Coacht and then go after the coaches by puttung them on the defensive. Farragut has I believ e two Nationaly ranked wrestlers in Knox and Dix and that should have been the highlight of the article. Scheduling every met early only leads to poor State Tounament preparation and that too was a major focus of the article. The two young coaches are the cream of the crop in the area and should be treated as such and should never be forced to defend their kids. I am not a part of the Farragut program just a fan of the team and believe they will shine when it counts as the season progresses. Rigger I must state to you that you need to watch what you post as it seems to have a way of finding itself into the perception of the team.

825491235[/snapback]

Wisecrest, the only time I have said anything about our schedule was that I thought we should try to put Bearden back on our schedule. They are one of our biggest rivals and we go against them in every sport except wrestling. They have some top notch kids this year and it seemed to make sense $ wise.

When I was asked about our schedule on CoachT, I gave the only answers I knew to be facts.

I went back and looked at my post.

I have been put into some type of conspiracy against our program and it's not true. If we had more matches my freshmen would probably be the worse for it.

All I've stated is that once our freshmen and first year wrestlers get more mat time, they will be able to contribute more to the team at dual meets.

I am happy with our coaches, program and grapplers.

Have I had fun on here talking up our team, sure! Do I say stupid things sure! Have I said some supportive things and contributed some good topics, I hope.

Do I love this sport and all the things it represents. You better believe it!xtree.gif

Merry Christmas and your attacking the wrong supporter!

Edited by rigger101

Here are my post refering to mat time and schedules. I have not complained about our schedule once. I could not defend on a subject I have not been informed on. I learned allot from the news article. Iwill try to be carefull on what I post or at least explain it better.

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Dec 12 2004 - 05:00 PM)

Rigger-The Bradley Invitational is next weekend. I see you guys are open.

I don't know why were not coming. I guess I will travel down and watch some great wrestling.

If you go back about 3 weeks ago I started a topic to that effect. "Average Number of matches for wrestlers? # of matches per year for your studs?" Nov 10th.

One of our parents that has had 4 boys wrestle and has allot of experience in this sport brought this issue up. It was a concern at our meetings. We have 10 matches in Jan and only one more in Dec. It may be a learning curve for our young coaches or it may be the way they wanted it. It's their call!

With Dix back @ 140 we will be strong at 119, 130, 160, 171, 189, and 215.

With mat time experience our freshmen and 1st year kids should be allot better.

Rigger how can you say that about anyone on your team. Remember you have coaches that were able to get wrestlers to state final matches that were previously unsucessfull at that level. Are you saying that after a full year in that practice room you do not think any one from your school will not be a contributor or contender. Your posts need to be more positive toward your personell.

Wiscwrest, I think U know who I am. I was one of the biggest supporters of Joe and Kerry becoming our coaches last year. Also, I kept on pushing a certain senior not to miss out on his last year of wrestling because I knew it was going to be a special season.

It turned out to be a weird regular season but the team finished peaking at the right time and somewhat healed from injuries. I feel that Abercrombie, Farinella, Mountain and Blankenship were good enough to place but due to injuries were not at their peak.

If I think we are weak somewhere or have kids who are learning don't dog me out. I know where this program could have gone. (The Gutter) In our 4 yrs with this program we have been thru 3 coaches. We have some great parents (Ferguson, Knox, Dix, Farinella and many more) who love the sport and without them this program would have crashed and burned.

So next time you find something negative in a post that is 95% positive remember the facts. Also, I was refering to my child so I think I was being fair.

825491235[/snapback]

This article has been on CoachT for a week now. If it's so bad why did your coach let it stay on CoachT?

I do not know what all you folks are fighting about. Sounds like wiscwrest has blown this article out of proportion or knows more inside information about the program then he is letting on. Since most of his posts are about the Farragut program he must have his foot in the door.

Sounds like you’re going to ground Mr. Rigger! ;)