Volunteer Basketball Part 2

hvwarrior58

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Going to Johnson County is a tough place to play, even with a down year for them.

2: Coach Atwood knows our system better than any other coach. I guess the friendships between the coaches have positives and negatives.

3: We still have to relaize that it takes 4 SOLID quarters to take care of business, not 2, or 3, 3 1/2.

4: They gave Happy Valley a tough contest at Happy Valley. And along with Sullivan Central, they are the top teams in our conference.

5: GOD Bless ALL!!!

:P

I agree with Stokomo, but I wish to add a few ideas. To me appeared that the defense was not up to its usual fine level of play. Further, although we played well in spurts, we made enough mistakes to fill a bushel basket. If we did not have another game for a month we would still have plenty to work on in practice. The mistakes were not from lack of effort. Sometimes things just don't happen the way you want them to in spite of your best efforts.

In any event, we won and that is what is important.

Now we need to concentrate on Elizabethton.

I agree with Stokomo also. CHHS72 I also Agree with some of your points. It wasnt lack of Effort we were just not being very smart. About Elizabethton lets not over look them they have played a Murdur schedual up to this point. They are another scary team like Johnson Co. Johnson Co. plays North this friday and I would like to state that I think Atwood and Johnson Co. beat North this friday becasue I feal like even though we did not play Smart and didnt play to our ability and probably made Johnson Co. look better than they are. I feal that they are not as bad as there record shows and will beat some teams in our confrencesome time soon and will not see why it couldnt not be against a Radier team this Friday night.

Sorry for the confusion on my comment about four SOLID quarters of play. What I meant was that we talked about how the game is to be played after pratice. There are four areas in playing SOLID. You must be tough, smart, resourceful, and skilled. I believe like CHHS72 that our effort is there most nights. We just need to do those four things consistently and better with each game.

Edited by Stokomo