District 7 AAA

Guest Oakland

I would like to address some keys issues that year in and year out seem to determine this district, and get a take on what others think about it.  It seems that throughout the years that this has been a very competitive district. 

I believe winning championships is determined by four things.

*A team's athleticism

*Basketball skills

*Team chemistry

*Coaching

How would you rank each of the teams in this district in each of these categories and how do you rank the importance of each category?  I understand that being exceptional in one category can overshadow deficiencies in others.  What are your thoughts and opinions?

825414227[/snapback]

Just thought I would answer some of htese questions for Warren County.

Athleticism---not so great. Supposedly Heath Crisp is playing and he will help the team run a litte. PAst that, Athleticism is best just no t mentioned.

BBAll skills---These coudl be the high point for some of the team. Brooks Majors has skills. Warren Swann is a very smart basketball player. So is Andy Harrell who is making his way bac after sitting out a year.

Team chemistry---????? Too many new players and players without experience to call this yet.

Coach---tthhhhhbbbbb!!!!!! :lol: Just basing this on last year. Gotta get better.

Summary---could be a long year, but there is enough talent to overcome the defficiencies.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how it goes for Siegel

athleticism...check

bball skills....BIG CHECK

chemistry...woulda been a ? last year but not a problem anymore

Coaching...any coach who can who can take a starting 5 of all sophomores to a respectable 5th place in a tough district gets my approval ....so check

Siegel has a play day up at Clarksville this weekend vs. Clarksville NW and Columbia i believe.... first true games for these guys to showcase what they have this year.

Here is my thoughts for White County...

Athleticism....probably 5th in the Dist. at best.

Skills....as good as anybody in the Dist.

Team Chemistry....This is the smallest of the schools in 7AAA and these boys have played together since they were in elementary school.

Coaching....This is the biggest question mark with a new coach for White County this year.

I think without a doubt White County had the best coach of the last 20 years in 7AAA when they had Roy Whited. I don't think anybody will dispute that.

Guest Oakland
Coach Whited beat Oakland time after time during his years at White County and won 2.......thats TWO state championships. There is no dispute if you are comparing Whited and Coach King. thumb

825414972[/snapback]

he may have gotten the best of oakland those 2 years they won state, but king won his fair share against whited thumb

Here is an evaluation of the teams and the coaches in 7-AAA:

Oakland- Should be good but not as good as they usually are because of the lack of depth. Will always be athletic and strong. They will execute very well and have good shooters. Coach is one of the best in the district and also the mid-state.

Seigal- Should be a state tournament caliber team the next 2 years great size and quickness with excellent shooters on the perimeter. Ramsey and Jones are the best big man combo in the state. Very talented top to bottom. Coaching is suspect sometimes but had a very young team last year.

Cookeville- Very smart team that makes very few mistakes. Great ball handlers and shooters who should be in the top 4 of the league the next 2 years. Very good fundamentally. Coach Bray is hands down the best coach in the league.

Lebanon- Extremely athletic team who has a chance to go very far this year. They will compete for the district title this year. Coach Keil gets alot of energy out of these guys and nobody plays harder than Lebanon. They put more pressure on you than IRS audit. Not to mention the job he does coaching.

Riverdale- This is the unknown. With all the new faces who knows what they will do. I do know this, they have accomplished very little with the level of talent they have had the last few years. Burks needs to prove he can take a team and overacheive or just reach their potential.

Blackman- Another unknown. They have a great athlete in Sneed inside but The other players around him are young but athletic. They have an excellent sophomore group. I think Turnham is a good coach who may have found the job for him.

White County- They will be better than they have been because of the talent being better. They have some excellent young talent, especially in the sophmore class. If Gribble is eligible, then they have a scorer and a legit player. Coaching will be very important however Mitchell wasn't real impressive at Pickett County with the talent he had in those years.

Warren County- Should be improved, will have size, with some shooters. However, athletically will struggle and will lack quickness. Coaching must improve for the team to improve. Turner is a good guy who may need to tighten the reins a little.

This is not a prediction of the finish in 7-AAA but just some analysisof the teams and the coaches. Any other opinions or things maybe that I missed please respond. thumb :blink::lol:

Edited by attila

Guest Oakland
attila...what do you think the final standings will be then since that doesnt reflect your standings

825415193[/snapback]

translation: predict siegel 1st or we will kill you :blink:

i cant wait. Riverdale has looked very good through the first 3 days of practice. Riverdale scrimmages Lavergne next week and that should be a great one, both are very good teams this year. Aww man, Riverdale just got a new floor put in upstairs. It is the first time anything has been done to the upper gym since the school opened about 30 years ago. Now the just finished the downstairs too. They sanded it all the way down and it looks awesome. You guys gotta check it out, it is the sharpest gym floor in the district and one of the better hs courts ive seen. We also got new home and road jerseys. We also got alot of new players and a new attitude committed to winning this year. Season is just around the corner and i cant wait.