3AAA TOUGH DISTRICT RACE

RimRecker

Yes CC went to the sub-state i believe in the 00-01 year. They lost to a very good Greenville team by I believe 12. Since then they have not been very good. In the past CC has not had much talent to work with, but this yr the talent is there it is 90% coaching. The coach is a good man but CC needs a fresh new face if they ever want to get back to what they used to be.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard that 2 or 3 players from cchs quit, and was not with the team at the karns game.

does anyone know anything about that? or was it a rumor? how many players on this team played aau ball this past summer and if they did ...how did they do against other teams ???

GO COUGARS BEAT SEYMOUR

chsbbfan, good points, but in CC it's not that easy, we have what you would call "good ol boy politics" these people have grew up together in CC and really dont care if we win as long as their buddy or relative has a job! I would love CC basketball to regain some power, we have some really good fans here that know the game, just like CHS, but its something unfortunaltely we cant control.

Got some big games tonight.

Halls and OR. We will find out how good Halls is tonight. They have had a long lay off, not played very good competition, and given up a lot of points. But they have been putting up alot of points, winning, and they have in my opinion the best P.G. in the district.

O.R. on the other hand is solid on D and have played some very good competition. Halls better hope O.R. used up alot in their drubbing of Alcoa. Look for O.R. to continue their domination over the Red Devils.

Powell and Karns. I don't think Karns is tough enough to beat Powell. Powell is as hard nosed as they come. Karns doesn't play any D either. They have no answer for Smith inside and Powell is getting better on the perimeter with each game.

Karns can only hope that Fersner is on fire and their rowdy fans can get Powell off their game.

Central and Clinton. Pay back time. The Bobcats have played supriseingly well thus far but they still aren't very good on the floor or on the bench. They want sneak up on Clinton this time. Look for this to be a blowout.

Who does Campbell Co. play. It looks like they are blameing the Coach for not having the athletes to compete in the District.

We are about to find out who can play and who can't in the District.

Campbell County plays Seymour tonight.  Hopefully they can pull off a win and hopefully they can pull off a new coach before season is over.

825514791[/snapback]

Campbell County had a local winning coach who would have loved to coach at C.C. But as I understand it, hates the current principal. So he is currently coaching at Union Co. (who is in the mix for a district championship) and here we are. So you see how serious we take athletics here. Go Cougars!

Is there anyone out there who wants to talk about the District 3 AAA race and games.

We understand that some of you guys are not happy with the Coach in CC. I am sure he isn't happy with the lack of quality basketball players or the lack of support. Hey I don't think the guy at Central is very good but I also realize he doesn't have a wealth of talent. Ultimately the players need to be held accountable and shouldn't be allowed to blame the coach for their short comings. Point is get off of the Coaches back and lets talk about the District as a whole and the up coming games.

What District games are on tap for Friday night?

thank you biggcat!...........enuff with the cc coaching allready

im pullling for powell of course but this whole race is up for grabs!

tonights game with karns will be wild and wooly and i hope the karns crowd can enjoy the ball game and cut out the randy moss like crap that they seem to thrive on!

i know karns has trouble with defense but powell sure has there share of defensive woes from time to time

lee smith and ben ward are a great duo matt hargis is developing as a fantastice point guard! the halls game friday should prove very interesting also!

you are right BigCatt2, us fellows from cc got carried away too much about this, and apoligize to RimRecker who started the post, for getting off of the subject for too long. dist 333 was obviously what it was intented for. sorry, someone needs to start a new topic if this cchs subject is to continue.

I have only been to one Halls basketball game this year and let me tell you, this team is completely different from past teams. This team can score from anywhere on the court. It doesn't rely on just one guy throwing up 50 shots and hitting 8 for 20 points like the past few years. This year, Halls actually has a TEAM instead of the one-man shows in previous seasons. Yes, Sharp has tendencies to control the ball too much from time to time, but Coach Webster pulls him over to the side and sets him straight.

In the only game i've seen thusfar, Halls absolutely dominated Rhea County 91-68, but let me tell you all, it wasn't even that close at all. If Halls continues like it has been from box scores and the little I've seen of them, lookout. If you take a peek at Halls' box scores, you see that 4,5, even 6 guys are scoring in double figures and not always the same guys. Over the last 2 years, maybe 3 guys would hit double figures in a game. Spreading the ball around and having that balance on offense that they haven't had before will make any team struggle to beat them. It's not hard to guard 2 or 3 guys who can score, but when all 5 on the court can get the job done with the ball in their hands, that's a whole different story.

Halls also is getting to the free throw line folks. They've taken 339 free throw attempts on the year in 13 games, according to Knoxpreps.com, and have made 236, or another words, right about 70%. That's an average of just over 26 free throw attempts a game.

Another thing, in that Rhea County game, the ball movement was phenominal. I really don't think I've seen anything like it. This year, when Sharp calls out for the motion offense, you'll actually see some motion unlike the past.

Edited by jamesd