McEwen at White House Heritage

timbdp

It was a good game by both teams. It will be another good one when they play again at McEwen. I must also say I wasnt that impressed by Pucket either. he is 6'7 and got packed when he went up for a dunk it was hilarious. If it werent for a few 3's he made he wouldnt have had much at all. Good game by both teams and my hats off to McEwen

825542142[/snapback]

Allregionpatriot#3, I think you mispelled a word in your game review. Puckett was "h"acked when he went in for the dunk you referred to (not packed). Your view was probably impeded in your seat from behind the WHH bench.

And as long as you are commenting on dunks, what was your thought on Puckett's "alley oop"?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'm glad you enjoyed the game although your team lost. The only technical that should have been handed out should have been on the Heritage Coach who slammed the ball down at one point and then held it from the ref while arguing a call. Puckett showed some restraint seeing how he was intentionally mugged on his way to another dunk. By the way, the Heritage player receved a foul on that play. Congrats to the Warriors on winning an important game short handed. It was a great defensive effort with timely 3 point shooting by Elrod.

It was a good game by both teams. It will be another good one when they play again at McEwen. I must also say I wasnt that impressed by Pucket either. he is 6'7 and got packed when he went up for a dunk it was hilarious. If it werent for a few 3's he made he wouldnt have had much at all. Good game by both teams and my hats off to McEwen

825542142[/snapback]

Just because Daniel didn't have thirty points tonight you are not impressed. The reason he doesn't have thirty everygame is because he is a great team player. Try playing him man to man and he may drop fourty on your guys(like East Robertson did). Bottom line heritage is not all that good i was expecting a little more since our second leading scorer was out. If you didn't get us tonight then you probably never will. Allregionpatriot if puckett doesn't impress you then who does. Puckett is one of the top five players in single A, the best player by far in the district, and McEwen WILL win district again this year.

Edited by Oakland

McEwen showed up to play last night, unlike many of you said they would'nt. Players stepped up in the absence of Smith. McEwen' s defense won the game by far. And Puckett did not score high numbers because Heritage played a very good zone that kept the paint in check. I gotta say Miller did alot better than I thought he would. With the exception of Elrod, McEwen had an off night on offense. I'm looking forward to the game at McEwen it should a good one. I told you the Warriors weren't 14-1 (now 15-1) for no reason. McEwen took care of business. And I will second that East don't want the business. McEwen's on top, alone, as it should be. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

i would have to disagree on the fact that petrone should have gotten a technical. puckett at one point had to be held back from the ref while using an explitive about the call, even though it was against heritage and he would shoot the free throws. my point is, if the fans can tell what he is saying, and it is something like that, what are the refs thinking not giving him a technical for using foul language?

i would have to disagree on the fact that petrone should have gotten a technical.  puckett at one point had to be held back from the ref while using an explitive about the call, even though it was against heritage and he would shoot the free throws. my point is, if the fans can tell what he is saying, and it is something like that, what are the refs thinking not giving him a technical for using foul language?

825542657[/snapback]

What did your fans see him saying? I was there and coudln't tell any explitive language was used. Not saying he didn't, just wondering what he said, and how they could tell.

All i got to say about all of this is that the only Tech that shoulc have been called was on Heritage when one of the players went up and choked Puckett when he went to duck and dont say he didnt becuz i was right infront of them i saw it all. Other than that it was a good game on both sides, but i didnt like the refs too much they never called anything. There were tons of times when both teams fouled and they never called it. The refs shouldn't have been checking out some of my fellow cheerleaders and actually paying attention to the game. Good job to both teams can wait till we play Heritage again...that game had me on my feet.

Yes the game is over but one more thing has to be said. Mabe Puckett was "hacked" either way hes 6'7 and it shouldnt have happened. I did say he was a great player but without the height hed just be a little better than average. Hes got a good shot but no one is tall enough to get in his view. He can dunk and drive but who cant at the high school level when u r 6'7. I apologize for voicing an opinion. It was a good game by McEwen AND by Pucket. I am not tryin to take that from them in any way. They are a very good team and I honestly wish them the best of luck. To the team and Pucket. O yea and the thing with coach P where sum1 said he spiked the ball and held it is not true. There was one point where he talked to the ref b4 the ball was thrown in but at no time did he spike the ball or hold it and delay the game. There is no way u attended the game and can say that happened. Obviously u wernet there because there was no foul called when Pucket was packed. U must have just "heard" that. Dont say ne thing about a game u werent even at please. If u dont belive there wasnt a foul called watch the tape. I can guarantee u there was no foul called. Thanks and GO PATS!!

Edited by allregionpatriot#3