Siegel vs. Lebanon

Harris' hooligans

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to see our offense explode, but sad to see our defense give up so many points, lebanon shot great from 3 land in the second half to get them back into the game, but they were ice cold first half, that made the difference in the game, i would also like to add that siegel shot just over 50% from the stripe, not a good sign, but we won, and that is all that matters, were ready to route riverdale again on friday!!!!!!!!!!

I feel that Siegel has a better team and deserved to win tonight.

Lebanon played well and deserved to win as well.

Except for the fact that they can't pull it out in crunch time.

I love Coach Keil and this team but there is something going wrong in their heads. If it's a close game you might as well forget it. I really hope that the Devils can find it in them to perform in the clutch.

A few observations from the game:

1. Siegel is tremendously talented. Their ball handling and movement is excellent. And Ramsey shoots threes? Holy crap. Let's not even talk about how much bigger they are than LHS.

2. Lebanon has tremendous athletes, but is incredibly streaky. Presley was lights out tonight, but so was most of Siegel's team.

3. The Siegel Nation is simultaneously the most annoying and interesting part of 7-AAA hoops. As a fan of the other team, I wanted to punch every single one of them in the face, but that means they are doing their job. Props from me. Jerks :rolleyes:

4. I'm going to say this, and I know I'll hear from all you Siegel folk, but I was not pleased with the way this game was called. I know I hate to hear fans of another team blame officiating after a loss, so I'm hesitant to discuss this. But... #20 (Oden?) pushed off big time just about every trip down the floor. In the second half there were some ridiculous touch fouls called on LHS before the ball even got past halfcourt in a nonfouling situation.

The first score of the game is a great example of the way this game was called.

Anybody with eyes to see (and who can be at least partially objective) saw the Siegel player (I think it was Oden) take waaay too many hops on his way in. It was blatantly obvious to even those who don't know basketball.

But... you are right in saying the refs did not score 91 points for the Stars. As I said before, they deserved the W. All we can do is look forward to the tournament.

I think Siegel will probably lock up 1st and WC is definitely 8th. Every other matchup is wide open. Anyone can beat anyone. It'll be a fascinating tourney.

I just hope the Blue Devils can learn something from all these heartbreakers. I know my heart's broken.

I love Coach Keil and this team but there is something going wrong in their heads. If it's a close game you might as well forget it. I really hope that the Devils can find it in them to perform in the clutch.

1. Siegel is tremendously talented. Their ball handling and movement is excellent. And Ramsey shoots threes? Holy crap. Let's not even talk about how much bigger they are than LHS.

2. Lebanon has tremendous athletes, but is incredibly streaky. Presley was lights out tonight, but so was most of Siegel's team.

3. The Siegel Nation is simultaneously the most annoying and interesting part of 7-AAA hoops. As a fan of the other team, I wanted to punch every single one of them in the face, but that means they are doing their job. Props from me. Jerks  :rolleyes: 

4. I'm going to say this, and I know I'll hear from all you Siegel folk, but I was not pleased with the way this game was called. I know I hate to hear fans of another team blame officiating after a loss, so I'm hesitant to discuss this. But... #20 (Oden?) pushed off big time just about every trip down the floor. In the second half there were some ridiculous touch fouls called on LHS before the ball even got past halfcourt in a nonfouling situation.

Anybody with eyes to see (and who can be at least partially objective) saw the Siegel player (I think it was Oden) take waaay too many hops on his way in. It was blatantly obvious to even those who don't know basketball.

But... you are right in saying the refs did not score 91 points for the Stars. As I said before, they deserved the W. All we can do is look forward to the tournament.

I think Siegel will probably lock up 1st and WC is definitely 8th. Every other matchup is wide open. Anyone can beat anyone. It'll be a fascinating tourney.

I just hope the Blue Devils can learn something from all these heartbreakers. I know my heart's broken.

825547911[/snapback]

good post... glad to hear the nation got in your head

Obviously Siegel deserves to win the game. They are, without question, the most talented team in the district, if not the state. BUT, I don't see them making much noise past our district tournament. They should be putting people away with all that talent yet they continually struggle to win. But of course, they do continually win. Tonight, Lebanon missed ten freethrows and still had multiple chances to win. Lebanon's #31 misses a bunny in the post late and Cross makes a steal at midcourt and cannot convert the layup. With 10-12 seconds to go, Lebanon is down 1 with the ball. I noticed the 'Siegel Nation' was mighty quite then. Me and my boys were making more noise than the Nation. They must have been out of gas, too.

On top of all that Lebanon misses at least three pointers in the first half alone. They don't miss 10 three's in a week! And they were wide open!

And the Coup de gras? Donald fouls out late on a Siegel flop. If he doesn't foul out, Lebanon wins. Siegel had nothing left and they were the ones hanging on by a thread. Sure Jones and Ramsey were in foul trouble. They were guarding Donald, or trying. Donald, all 6'4' of him, had 30 points going against 6'7' Ramsey and 6'8" Jones.

The one constant Siegel seems to have going for them is Oden, probably the best player in the district. He is virtually a one man show. As good as Ramsey and Roper are, Oden is definitely the man that makes them go.

One more thought. With all that talent, it takes a prayer by a freshman to win the game. I agree with Dickie V. "Get him the Rock, BABY!"

Congratulations Siegel.

Edited by mactime

Obviously Siegel deserves to win the game.  They are, without question, the most talented team in the district, if not the state.  BUT, I don't see them making much noise  past our district tournament.  They should be putting people away with all that talent yet they continually struggle to win.  But of course, they do continually win.  Tonight,  Lebanon missed ten freethrows and still had multiple chances to win.  Lebanon's #31 misses a bunny in the post late and Cross makes a steal at midcourt and cannot convert the layup. 

On top of all that Lebanon misses at least three pointers in the first half alone.  They don't miss 10 three's in a week!  And they were wide open!

And the Coup de gras?  Donald fouls out late on a Siegel flop.  If he doesn't foul out, Lebanon wins.  Siegel had nothing left and they were the ones hanging on by a thread.  Sure Jones and Ramsey were in foul trouble.  They were guarding Donald, or trying.  Donald, all 6'4' of him, had 30 points going against 6'7' Ramsey and 6'8" Jones. 

The one constant Siegel seems to have going for them  is Oden, probably the best player in the district.  He is virtually a one man show.  As good as Ramsey and Roper are, Oden is definitely the man that makes them go.

One more thought.  With all that talent, it takes a prayer by a freshman to win the game.  I agree with Dickie V.  "Get him the Rock, BABY!"

Congratulations Siegel.

825547966[/snapback]

i dont want to hear about free throws , we miss more than anyone, we were barely over 50% for the night.... i agree we cant ever put a team away, no heart sometimes... Oden is a great player but sometimes trys to draw the foul to much... and it most def. was not a prayer by Tyler Cutter, he might be the 2nd best shooter on the team to Darius.. give the kid a shot and he can score 10 a game...

3. The Siegel Nation is simultaneously the most annoying and interesting part of 7-AAA hoops. As a fan of the other team, I wanted to punch every single one of them in the face, but that means they are doing their job. Props from me. Jerks  :angry: 

825547911[/snapback]

Coaches can only prepare players to execute. If they tighten up in crunchtime, there is not much you can do to coach that. These guys are basketball coaches, not sports psychiatrists. Lebanon needs to make some free throws and take care of the ball at the end of the game and they will be fine. Plus, if I'm starting a team from this district, Andrew Donald is my first pick--good player with a big heart.