The Bear's Book of Buzzer Beaters

govu

The Bear has done it again. Yes, the magician has pulled another rabbit out of the hat and the timing for the release of his new book entitled THE BEARS BOOK OF BUZZER BEATERS could not have been any better. His publicist Martin Spears will have the new book available Saturday night and fans can come by the Big Chic and get an autographed copy at 6:00 pm. In addition to his new book, fans can also purchase a three volume boxed set for only $39.99. His first book entitled GIVE A HOOT! DON'T RECRUIT! tells the story of the memorable 1993 TNT State Championship. His second novel entitled FIRST CLASS COACHING WITH SECOND CLASS PLAYERS tells the story of the 1996 season when the Panthers won 25 games and a District Championship. His new book is a collection of winning plays that the Bear has constructed over the years including the one used in last night's win called THE PICKETT FENCE. Supplies are limited so don't delay.

I will be there for the great tasting Big Chic fried chicken and to get the Bear's autograph on my 3 volume box set.

I also heard the legendary clock keeper Travis McKissack will be there autographing his new book, "WHEN MILLISECONDS COUNT--KEEPING THE CLOCK-KEEPER ON YOUR SIDE ". Here is an excerpt from the New York Times book review on T-Mac's hot new book:

Basketball is a game of spirited rallies and fabulous finishes, truly a game where every second counts, where the very rules of the game have been drawn to help teams mount late charges and come from behind to win. With shot clocks and three-point shots, no lead is safe until the final buzzer has sounded. Drawing from every level of the sport -- junior pro, middle school, and high school, men's and women's basketball -- this book will put you in the middle of the fast-paced, heart-stopping action that can only be experienced as a clock-keeper.

See you all Saturday!

I was fortunate enough to witness the Pickett Fence set up by the Bear and I was amazed at how he had his players trained to execute such a extravagant play with so little time. I was close enough to the huddle to hear the Bear use a quote from his book with .06 seconds left , but his publicist Marty Spears threatened a lawsuit if I infringed on the copyright laws by posting it. I proudly own the 3 volume set and will be the first in line for the book signing and crispy fried chicken at the Big Chic.

I am very glad for the guys who are now on a 4 game win streak. Congratulations to both players and coaches. After the game last night I heard Coach Howard"TheBear" Spears has already started on his fourth book ....

"How to Build Strong Parent-Coach Relationships" . This book is suppose to have actual quotes from parents whose lives have been changed by the Bears wisdom and love for the student-athlete...including quotes from Jerry Risner, Nester Rodriguez I, Larry George Davis, Larry Russell, Kenny Morton, and a heartwarming foreward by Ray Brewer. PreOrder your copy on www.amazon.com today.

Does anyone know what time The Big Chic opens , and Bear will be signing ?

How does the man do it? Another thrilling finish at Page Friday night. It reminds me of the good ole days when the Bear was still on Rocky Top with Ray, Bernie, and Ernie. Congratulations on another big district win and good luck on the remaining games and in the tournament.