PrepXtra Top Ten Is A Joke

BlMed

PrepXtra lacks credibility when they place teams like Alcoa 3-4 in district and 11-9 overall and Catholic 1-3 in district and 13-5 overall in the top ten. Especially when teams like Bearden 9-4 in district and 16-8 overall and Morristown East 5-3 in district and 16-6 overall are consigned to honorable mention. At least they finally moved Oak Ridge up from honorable mention to number 8. Halls 3-5 district and 14-7 is not much better to be in the top ten

Politics seems to be more important than achievement and the facts. What do you think?

Edited by BlMed

What politics? Do Alcoa and Catholic have people at the PrepXtra office lobbying for inclusion on the list? Does PrepXtra has alums from those institutions on its staff? I mean, unless you know something that I don't, it seems that there is some flaw in your logic. It's a non-sequitar to blame it on politics rather than to simply assume that teams are playing politics when their records are about the same as the records of the teams you are suggesting should be in the top ten.

Maybe their analysis just doesn't match yours. Or maybe you are the one with the political agenda. Or maybe they are playing politics. I don't have the answer, but it's not as cut and dried as it seems to appear to you.

What politics? Do Alcoa and Catholic have people at the PrepXtra office lobbying for inclusion on the list? Does PrepXtra has alums from those institutions on its staff? I mean, unless you know something that I don't, it seems that there is some flaw in your logic. It's a non-sequitar to blame it on politics rather than to simply assume that teams are playing politics when their records are about the same as the records of the teams you are suggesting should be in the top ten.

Maybe their analysis just doesn't match yours. Or maybe you are the one with the political agenda. Or maybe they are playing politics. I don't have the answer, but it's not as cut and dried as it seems to appear to you.

825551686[/snapback]

In response to papachaos

No one said anything about lobbying. Just lack of objectivity is obvious when they place an 11-9 teams with a poor district record in the top ten. I didn't say or suggest something was going on behind the scenes......just that politics (favortism based on subjectivity) appears to be in play when something like that happens. The only other conclusion would be that the editor is not too bright, which is doubtful. Draw your own conclusions. Maybe you know something we dont know?

Edited by BlMed

Any top 10 poll

or AP top 25

or USA Today top 25

is all about getting people to buy papers.

Just as the PREPXTRA player of the week

is about getting hits on the wedsite.

How many games has Drew Edwards seen?

The Citizen Tribune (MORRISTOWN) has a vote

in the state AP top ten.

They usually cover JCHS, East and West

and whoever those teams are playing.

How should they know who to vote from from across the state.

I put more stock in the CoachT sucess formula than anything.

My guess is that most coaches could care less about the Prepxtra top 10.

The prepxtra stats are all about listing as many names of players as they can-

so mom and dad, grandma and grandpaw will buy a newspaper.

NEWSPAPERS want to sale a paper-BIG BUSINESS ???

Any top 10 poll

or AP top 25

or USA Today top 25

is all about getting people to buy papers.

Just as the PREPXTRA player of the week

is about getting hits on the wedsite.

How many games has Drew Edwards seen?

The Citizen Tribune (MORRISTOWN) has a vote

in the state AP top ten.

They usually cover JCHS, East and West

and whoever those teams are playing.

How should they know who to vote from from across the state.

I put more stock in the CoachT sucess formula than anything.

My guess is that most coaches could care less about the Prepxtra top 10.

The prepxtra stats are all about listing as many names of players as they can-

so mom and dad, grandma and grandpaw will buy a newspaper.

NEWSPAPERS want to sale a paper-BIG BUSINESS ???

825551945[/snapback]

I take exception to that. I voted this past week and I went by record and teams that the team I ranked has played against. You'll be hard-pressed to see me giving a vote to anyone that doesn't deserve it.

• 4 weeks later...