Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I got so caught up in this little debate, but I can only blame myself. Occasionally, I do like to give my predictions and respond to partisan opinions. I am not a Temple student or parent; I am not an Ooltewah student or parent.

While I agree either team "can" win the game, I believe it is far less likely that Temple will win this game. Having seen both of these teams play, I am covinced that Ooltewah is the better team. So, before they play tonight...

Watch out, if Ooltewah starts with a flurry, there may be no looking back. There have been a few times that they looked very, very good. At the same time, I have seen them look very, very bad. For some reason, this squad does not always come out to play. Last year's OHS team came to play every night and left it on the floor. On the other hand Temple comes to play every night, even if they are not the best talent on the floor. They have great team defense, and on occasion, some real offensive flashes, but they usually win because of their defense. So the real question is will Ooltewah come to play. If both teams come to play and play at the top of their games... Ooltewah will win by a minimum of 10 points. If Ooltewah starts out slow and give Temple some momentum, this one could get very interesting.

As an earlier post said, Ooltewah is the one that has risked it all. If they lose everyone criticizes them for being weak. If they win, everyone will say they should have... no big deal. On the other hand, if Temple wins, they beat a AAA a team that has remained very competitive over the last couple of years.

This will likely be a competitive game for about three quarters. Ooltewah comes out hitting on all cylinders, but Temple's tenacity and teamwork keeps them in the game. In the fourth quarter, Ooltewah pulls away and wins by 10.

But you know what? None of that means a thing, because the truth is that the only thing that matters is what happens on the court tonight. I hope both teams play a great game. I'm thinking about going over to see it myself. This is good for Chattanooga. I still think the publics and privates ought to play more often. The publics should quit whining and start playing Baylor and McCallie. It's too bad we can't see some of these matchups. I know the kids would love to play against each other.

If they lose everyone criticizes them for being weak.  If they win, everyone will say they should have... no big deal.  On the other hand, if Temple wins, they beat a AAA a team that has remained very competitive over the last couple of years.

This will likely be a competitive game for about three quarters. 

I'll say it again, I don't think that Ooltewah "should" win.

If Temple plays their game -- they are the team that "should" win.

Temple by 4

68-64

Well, that's why you play the game.  Nothing is really a sure thing.  Upsets do occur, and it is possible that Temple could upset Ooltewah.

If a loss is a loss then why does the NCAA have computer rankings that they look at to determine their playoff brackets.  The clear answer is that losses against better competition does mean something.  You cannot just say a loss is a loss.

Again, as I said earlier, Temple would be fortunate to have a 15-9 record if they played in AAA.

825560714[/snapback]

We're talking boys high school basketball. Not NCAA. Temple is a single A

high school Ooltewah is a AAA. Let them play it out on the court. Whoever

wins should be congratulated. But it takes intestinal fortitude for a single A

to be willing to play a team of Ooltewah's caliber. Temple has nothing to lose.

They are coming to your house to play in your yard. What more can you ask?

im picking temple by 4 ive played against both teams. ooltewah has the 2 big guys but temple will do ok stopping them. it should be a real good game though i wish i could go watch it.  hey SW what are the matchups gonna be who are u gonna be shutting down.

825567064[/snapback]

Finally someone that can give us some good perspective on the game. How do you see the matchups? You've played both so what is it that makes you pick Temple over Ooltewah?

Finally someone that can give us some good perspective on the game.  How do you see the matchups? You've played both so what is it that makes you pick Temple over Ooltewah?

825567072[/snapback]

ok honestly i think caleb is the best player in this game. nothing against courtney but all around i think caleb is better. i think zach will do fine against the 6-5 guy (porter i think). and seth will probably guard courtney. thats where ooltewah has the advantage i think. courtney is much quicker and more athletic than seth. brandon brown is a very good player but i think caleb is better. i think if ooltewah is gonna win this game they have to stop caleb from getting in the lane and scoring and getting assists to the other 4. stopping caleb should be the focal point for ooltewah