Prospects for Division II

Cadillac1207

The regular season is about to start, lets get some chatter going, after the scrimmages and stuff, does anyone seem to be of surprise? being from middle TN, how does this region look? Is Father Ryan the favorite like it seems most everyone is saying? or well they be surprised? Is BGA being overlooked due to the fact they lost 10 starters, even though they have a very good core of Premier 88 players. Can USN finish where it left off last season in the state tourny? Will Glazer's return help MBA, or will they struggle in this region even with him? Can BA be a darkhorse, they have faired well in some scrimages against strong competition, or do they still stand no chance of making it to state? Can finally having a senior class get JP2 on top? All of this is just out of pure curiousity, i just thought i would post some stuff adn see if i can start some chatter up.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. You have been misinformed. look for McCallie to do very well this year. Defense is the only question. Losing Catanese and Davy Pollock will hurt, but they have solid players who should step up. Offensively they will be fine. Patrick Johnson is one of the best in d2 and Joel and Nouri should be much improved from their freshman year. Jamie Stone is the x-factor, b/c he has the talent, if he steps up they could definately make some noise. Crabby will be good in goal. McCallie might be slightly worse than last year, but I stress the word slightly.

825599947[/snapback]

I would say that McCallie may be a bit better than last year. They did lose a bunch of really tallented individuals to graduation but the younger guys have stepped up. They seem to be working more as a team this year with a lot of short passes and great first touches. They also seem to be much more comfortable working the ball out of the back rather than kicking the 50/50 balls out of there and the other team coming back in thier face. They haven't really played a team that has possessed the ball at all( I did miss the Farragut game). The defense has been playing on the offensive half which is different, making it easier for the midfield to move up into the offensive 1/3. They have already had 4-6 players score at least one goal. We will see how they match up against the other DII East teams but I would expect pretty well. We will see.

Edited by Readthefield

Who is playing keeper for McCallie this year? Trey is gone right? and is Herzog back in the back, he seemed to be very consistent back there he could keep the D pretty solid this year as well, I am pretty sure he was a junior last year, but i could be mistaken.

Also how about the middle, lets get some chatter going about it, This seems to the be the region with the most question marks.

And the west? I assume Christian will dominate, but i could be wrong, MUS proved me wrong last year, can they repeat? or what about ECS and some of those teams, any sleeper teams in that region?