Carter, Unicoi and Johnson County All Stars

krichunaka

Krich, here goes, and I have seen Unaka's kids play since they were in 7th grade.

First Five:(By Position)

1- Renee Ensor (Unaka)

2- Valnessha Redd (Elizabethton)

3- Elizabeth Weaver (Unicoi Co.)

4- Rikki Baughman (Elizabethton)

5- Michaela Pietrowski (Elizabethton)

Second Five:(By Position)

1- Jessica Lunsford (Cloudland)

2- Jessica Osborne (Unaka)

3- Heather Banner (Cloudland)

4- Kelia Williams (Happy Valley)

5- Julie Roberson (Unaka)

Last Two:

1- Haley Sparks (Unicoi Co.)

2- Heather Chambers (Hampton)

Defense- Renee Ensor

Offense- Rikki Baughman

Freshman- Payge Barnett (Unicoi Co.)  Sophomore- Michaela Pietrowski (Elizabethton)  Junior- Kelia Williams (Happy Valley)  Senior- Rikki Baughman (Elizabethton)  MVP- Rikki Baughman (Elizabethton)

Honorable Mentions: Crapps, Hopson, Townsend, Engle, Dugger

825565092[/snapback]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old44, I don't really know what the problem is, but I've even heard rumors of Coach Birchfield's resignation. He seems to have lost the respect of some of his players. The starting five are still on the team, and are still playing very well. I've been to the practices back when my girlfriend played, and the one problem is he neglects to treat his younger players as important as his starters. Hopefully, things will get fixed. Like I said before, I couldn't do his job. Being a coach is harder than most people think.

Glee, I wouldn't go as far to say that they are letting their community down, because kids should play ball to please themselves. If they don't want to be out there, then they shouldn't be playing. :lol:

Old44, I don't really know what the problem is, but I've even heard rumors of Coach Birchfield's resignation.  He seems to have lost the respect of some of his players.  The starting five are still on the team, and are still playing very well.  I've been to the practices back when my girlfriend played, and the one problem is he neglects to treat his younger players as important as his starters.  Hopefully, things will get fixed.  Like I said before,  I couldn't do his job.  Being a coach is harder than most people think.

Glee, I wouldn't go as far to say that they are letting their community down, because kids should play ball to please themselves.  If they don't want to be out there, then they shouldn't be playing.  ;)

825580917[/snapback]

King, I agree with you in a way, but at this time of the season, it is a total letdown. Just my opionion. Of course, if the circumstances warrant such actions, maybe it is the best thing? It would take a "whale" of a set of circumstances to walk away at this point in the season. I hope that the girls leaving can justify it in their minds, because it will be a sore spot for them for years to come. I walked away from my team in the middle of my soph year, and looking back...... it was a big mistake. I went back later, but not that year. I regret doing that to myself and my teammates, in a big way. They are making a mistake that affects many. Good luck to you folks thumb

Thanks to everyone who participated; and special thanks to coach17 for jumping in first.

I hope that everyone will go watch a team that he or she hasn't yet seen. This has been the amazing season many of us anticipated. And there's lots of Basketball still to be played, with Murfreesboro still a distinct possibility for several area teams. The Best of Luck to everyone. thumb

As "coachescorner" mentioned, this is early in the process. Lees McRae said they want the Rangers' Starting Five. Wouldn't that be interesting?

The schools that have shown the most interest: Milligan, ETSU, Emory and Henry and of course, LMC. Not sure about King, Tusculum and Virginia Intermont.

Jessica Osborne

Elizabeth Weaver

Renee Ensor

Danielle Ensor

*Coty Townsend

Julie Roberson

Rikki Baughman

Valneesha Redd

Hali Sparks

*It's worth mentioning that hardly anyone chose Townsend in the top part of their All Star lineup. She's been Tremendous; and she's at the Top of the list.

Kayla Blevins

Jessica McGuire

Kellye Lingerfelt

Amber Kerns

Brandi Dugger

Heather Chambers

A few have said they do NOT want to play College Basketball. A few more might opt for Softball.

King, I agree with you in a way, but at this time of the season, it is a total letdown. Just my opionion. Of course, if the circumstances warrant such actions, maybe it is the best thing? It would take a "whale" of a set of circumstances to walk away at this point in the season. I hope that the girls leaving can justify it in their minds, because it will be a sore spot for them for years to come. I walked away from my team in the middle of my soph year, and looking back......    it was a big mistake. I went back later, but not that year. I regret doing that to myself and my teammates, in a big way. They are making a mistake that affects many. Good luck to you folks thumb

825581020[/snapback]

King, Glee

I understand the situation you guys are talking about. It probally would be hard to look back and wonder "what if". One person quiting would be because of a internal issue, but when 4 or 5 players quit since Christmas that means there is something wrong with the program doesn't it? I mean one, you really wouldn't think to much about, but 5 that should mean a little more. I wouldn't go as far as King went by letting your community down. That is a little to much, wouldn't you think? It isn't like you are defending your country or anything important. It is just a sport, and you have to enjoy it, but if there is alot of issues, why waste your high school years not having fun and enjoying it. :blink:

Congrads "Lady Rangers"

Ladybug, I see that you are new to this forum. Let me introduce myself. I'm Daranda Byrd's boyfriend now known as the storm. I only used the King because I was born when Elvis died! :blink: I went to school with your coach and as a freshman, I really looked up to him. To make a long story short, things change and to a point I can see what is wrong with the ladies program. What is to be done is left in the hands of the higher powers. Best of luck to both Unaka and Cloudland in the Regionals.

Is Lunceford going to Hampton really a done deal; or could it be that he would come back to coach the Lady Highlanders next year when his daughter is a senior? This is assuming of course that Matt leaves.

825589174[/snapback]

Cloudland and Coach Birchfield are at a crossroads, according to the Cloudland Independent Ladies Players Association. If he leaves, will this send a message to the CILPA that the cart pulls the ox in Roan Mountain?

Last information out of Cloudland is that the Former Cloudlandettes are in the process of forming their own team. Seriously.

Matt Birchfield is a good guy; he's done a tremendous job to keep the Highlander ship afloat. Remember the Cloudland Lady Highlanders that played the Lady Cyclones during the Thangsgiving Tournament? Didn't the Lady 'Landers beat Unicoi County the following Tuesday night? That's coaching. That's resilience, something the Highlanders have attested to this season; and some of the credit must go the Coach.

Good Night.

Krich, its not the ox that pulls the cart and not the cart that pulls the ox in this game. Everything must function as a 454 big block Chevrolet engine. The engine has many moving parts, and they all must function to perform. If one piston is burned then the others become useless. Everyone involved in this program are decent people. Maybe they just don't work well together. Kind of like trying to put Ford engine parts in a Chevy. I wish the best to the CILPA and to Coach Birchfields Lady Landers. I am a big fan of both teams. thumb