District 10-A touney!

nator1203

Who do yall think has the best chance to come away with the title as district champions? Clearly the three favorites have got to be McEwen, White House Heritage, and East Robertson, but who has the advantage and momentum going into it. This should be one of the most exciting 1-A tournaments. my prediction will be Heritage and McEwen in the championship, and Heritage will pull it out in a close game.

Let's hear some opinions!!

McEwen has to be the clear favorite with the best record going in, and the most dominate player in the tournament, but the tournament is really open to any and everybody.

First round probable match-ups/current records

#1 Mcewen (19-2)(12-2)vs. #8 Clarksville Acadmy(3-19) (1-12)

Clarksville acadmy still has one district opponent in Houston County to play which happens to be there only district win of the season. McEwen is the obvious favorite with a 42 point average of victory over the cougers.

KEYS OF THE GAME...

MCEWEN-make sure no one gets hurt.

Clarksville Acadmy- Be sure to have someone to take up the suits after the game.

#2 White House Heritage(17-5)(10-2) vs.Davidson Acadmy(6-17)(3-10)

WHH still has district opponents Davidson and Nashville christian left, but unless they lose both games are locked in 2nd. With a loss in one of the games they would be tied for second, but wins the tie breaker over East, because of the split with Mcewen(the higher seed). For Davidson sake a win agianst WHH and Nashville Christian loss would put them with the same records,but NC taking the tiebreaker,due to winning both reg. season meetings. So when this game happens(which it should) Davidson has a tough task of matching up with WHH. Davidson is very well-coached, but the players and the coach don't seem to be meshing. Hopper is a very good player and will probably have to do it single handed. If payne could get back to last year style he could also be a big assest to the team. With WHH being at home i see no problems,unless they come out ice cold.White House won the fisrt meeting by only 9, they still have to play another game this Tuesday at Heritage.

Keys OF THE GAME

WHH- Shoot decent and don't let hopper beat you, win the turnover battle as they usually do.

Davidson- Hope they aren't hot,listen to your coach, and get everyone playing good.(win turnove battle)

#3 East Robertson(17-6)(11-3) vs. # 6 Nashville Christian(8-15)(4-9)

Nashville Christian still has WHH to play, but is a lock at 6. east is a probable lock at 3(explained in whitehouse game).This game to me is very interesting. East causes match-up problems with everyone with there overall size, but Nashville Christian could get hot. East beat them by 19 both times this season.

KEYS TO THE GAME....

EAST ROBERTSON- Don't let the score get too high, pound the ball inside, and guard the three pointer.

Nashville Christian- make a remix to the song "its raining men" to "its raining threes", stop the ball from getting inside, get the score into the 70's +

#4 Houston County(13-8)(7-6) vs. #5 Jo Burns(6-16)(5-9)

Houston County still has Clarksville Acadamy left to paly (who beat them ealier in the season)Both are definte locks in these positions. Houston county has one both this season by an average 10.5 points, but the last victory at Jo Burns by only 4. I Think Houston County should win this one because they are at home and the reason for such a close game last time was Jo burns is a tough place to play at.

KEYS FOR THE GAME

Houston County- Stop Jo Burns from getting to the basketball, contain Head, Don't pull a Clarksville Acadmy,Get easy points.

Jo Burns- Stop Bell from going off, Break the press, Get back on Defense.

Predictions of the First Round...

1.McEwen 66 Clarksville Acadamy 41

Puckett and the rest of the starters play limited time in the second half to prevent injury.

2. White house Heritage 56 Davidson Acadmy 46

Heritage keeps a lead throughout, gets close at the end, but hits free throws to a 10 point win.

3. East Robertson 58 Nashville Christian 49

East holds a lead throughout, and keeps NC from getting hot with there overall size.

4. Houston County 59 Jo Burns 48

Hoston County hold lead throughout, but doesn't let Jo Burns make it close as they did the last meeting.

2nd Round Match-ups(from what I predicted ealier)

#1 Mcewen vs. #4 Houston County

Regular season split, each team winning at the othr teams home court.

During McEwen's win they dominated the game from start to finish(won every quarter. Houston county contained mcewen to 51 point, but just couldn't score. Bell couldn't hit anything and Puckett played pretty well.

Houston County win was a game of runs. Houston County trailed big during the first quater(14-3),but got Puckett his second foul in the 2nd and sat the rest of the half. Houston county then went slowly but surely broke into that lead and went into the half trailing by 1. The second half Houston County just came out and played ball with Bell and Barnes. Though Houston county got puckett to foul out, they had a bigger lead before he foulded out then at the end of the game. Houston County missed a bunch of free throws at the end or this one could of been a blow out.

One other key to this game, if Mcewen loses to CPA, that would make 2 losses in a row. No one knows their reaction to this.??

KEYS OF THE GAME

MCEWEN- Stop Bell, Keep Puckett out of foul trouble, keep score above 55. Win battle on the boards

Houston County- Contain puckeet to about 20, but don't let the other palyers beat you, Shoot well, get easy points. Keep score low. Get turnovers with press.

#2 White House Heritage vs. #3 East Robertson

Another Split series,but each team won at home.

Heritage win came early in the year by only one point, and Hill hit 8 3's and 34 points. This was a tale of two halves.

East Robertson win Fosnes had 30 and Heritage's hill only had 4, with no threes.

East Robertson won every quarter but the first, and brok away with it in the 4th by outscoring Heritage by 14.(18-4).

Keys to Win

White house Heritage-Shoot the ball well, stop the inside, come close in the rebounding battle.

East Robertson- Don't let hill beat you, Stay close in the turnover battle, Win the rebounding battle by a big margin, get it inside.

Predictions-

McEwen 49 Houston County 53

Houston county will get Mcewen frustrated with themselves with the constant pressure. Puckett will get his 20, but they will get him in foul trouble and will be no treat on the defesive end.

East Robertson 61 White house Heritage 53

East at home is just to big and to strong for Heritage. Htey contain hill to only 4 threes because of there size, and fosnes and murphy combine for 35 with wilks and Tico add about 8 a piece.

East Robertson

Im not sure of all the players who deserve to be all district but from what I do know it should be Fosnes (east robertson) Wilkes (east robertson) both because of great shot and height. Hill and Taylor Jarrell from Heritage. Hill for his great shot and Jarrell for speed, shot, can drive the lane and get the foul, and has few turnovers. Puckett from McEwen, I think we all know why. Im not sure who else mabe the Bell kid from McEwen or Destin Miller from Heritage. Bell for his shot and Miller for his great defense. Many talented players in the district will be hard to name only 10.

My Top Ten would be.

1. Puckett(Mcewen)..Tulane signee, enough said.

2. Bell (houston County)..Shooter/player

3. Fosnes(east robertson)..Great post player

4. Wilks(east robertson)... Great hieght for a guard..solid on both ends of the court.

5. Hill (white house Heritage)...Take over the best shooter in the district next year.

6. Murphy(east robertson).. Solid post player..

7. Woodcock(houston county)...Runs floor well..Most versitale post player.

8. Smith (mcewen)..Pretty good shooter

9. Head(jo burns)...Pretty darn good player.

10. Hopper(davidson)..Big solid guard/no help on his team.

Others in consideration would be Taylor jarell(WHH)..point guard, Khadrasky(clarksville Acadmy)scores alot, Gordon (houston County)strong kid, pretty good defensive palyer, Elrod (mcewen) other shooter... Miller(WHH)(hasn't impressed me in the 4 or 5 i have saw him, but doesn't play to bad of defense and is the only real size for heritage.

Nator who are your all district team, if you could have any 10?Or have you not watched all the teams enough to know yet?

825571935[/snapback]

puckett, mcewen, enough said

fosnes, east, good post...has outside game

bell, houston co., great shooter

hill, heritage, shooter

taylor jarrell, heritage, most underrated player in district, held bell to ten points in two games this season

murphy, east, good post moves, good rebounder and shot blocker

wilks, east, great height good shooter

head, jo byrns, all around player

slagle, heritage, hasnt played his best this year, but he is a good defensive player

woodcock, houston co., good post

smith, mcewen, good shooter, has been injured some though

Edited by nator1203

I can agree with Jarell in some way.Many people don't look at defense, and he is one of the districts best. Slage is not that good of a player and isn't in this status of players. Hopper is a much better player, Cato from NCS is better than him also.He would probably be in my honorable mention also(i forgot about him).Murphy is a good post player also, he has really showed up in the games few of the games that i saw him.(5 or 6 games).Who is Heritage's next opponent?Is it NCS? I may make the trip out there to see them, but i may go to watch the Houston County-Waverly game also.Wouldn't that be a special team though. Puckett running the show and getting to dish to players like bell and hill for the three. Fosnes and woodcock on the block. Man what a run and gun team also. Woodcock is a very good player in transistion, and fosnes isn't to shabby himself. Bell really pushes the ball well, and hill could really spot up for some looks that he thought he would never see again. Then head and the others would make one heck of a single a bench. Nator, did you go to the WHH CPA game. I saw the score and it shocked me. I have seen Cpa a time or two and though i thought they would give White house all they could handle i wasn't expecting an embarrassment. I really hope that this is the outlook for the region tourney.Mcewen made me fill alot better though.