District 5-AA

cathey

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this year i say it will be WV or CHS in 1 hole... but Meigs is a very very young team, with a lot of talent in Tyler Roberts, Cory Clark, Howie Meadows... i dont know how they will fair this year, but next year the district will be pretty much on lockdown for meigs i think

825575127[/snapback]

I say that Walker Valley will win the district easily then Meigs coming in second and Central third. Meigs does have very good young talent and I expect them to come in second and next year probably even win the district.

I say that Walker Valley will win the district easily then Meigs coming in second and Central third.  Meigs does have very good young talent and I expect them to come in second and next year probably even win the district.

825577140[/snapback]

I think that WV will win it becasue they return Brandon Turner who has signed with Miss State, Paul Sorah, and Tyler Stafford and the rest of the team. Meigs has young talent like Tyler Roberts and Corey Clarke who will contend with WV. Central also has some good players like Dustin Hearn, Jeff Shaw, and Jeff Moses and will also contend.

I say that Walker Valley will win the district easily then Meigs coming in second and Central third.  Meigs does have very good young talent and I expect them to come in second and next year probably even win the district.

825577140[/snapback]

i dont know how easily WV will win this district, i think it will be a close race between them, CHS, and Meigs

I think that WV will win it becasue they return Brandon Turner who has signed with Miss State, Paul Sorah, and Tyler Stafford and the rest of the team.  Meigs has young talent like Tyler Roberts and Corey Clarke who will contend with WV.  Central also has some good players like Dustin Hearn, Jeff Shaw, and Jeff Moses and will also contend.

825577589[/snapback]

yes WV does have a lot of talent, and they should win the district, if they dont then it's their fault, they either didnt work hard enough or something, in my opinion... and Meigs just has a handful of talent, if they play together they should be pretty good... Central bring Hearn, Shaw, Moses, Loveday to the table all with BIG bats... the only concern that i have with central is their pitching depth

After watching Polk County this past weekend they are a very young team that has a lot of depth they looked pretty good even though there hitting was down but that will come toward the starting of the season. If im not mistaking Polk opens up with McMinn Central and if Polk has good pitching the way they looked they probably could be the #3 or #2 team in the district.

Guest thedragon

Polk County could give Central or Meigs a run for the title but WV is still probably one of the BEST clubs in the state and they are by far the best in the district but Polk is young and could give everyone a run for the title.

Guest thedragon

Just wondering what is everyone's predictions. Walker Valley has this one wrapped up pretty much already....they return a lot of key players.

Who is second and down....

Who are the key players for each team??

Walker Valley- Brandon Turner Tyler Statford both are great and will do good this year

McMinn Central- Dustin Hearn Jeff Shaw Chad Cooley a freshman or two

Polk County- Zack Hicks Brandon Green Cory Biggs and i have heard a lot about a freshman or two one is named Ryan and the other i think Akins

Meigs- I dont know to much about them but Robbie C. is coming back out

Sweetwater- ?

Sequoyah- ?

Tellico- ?

I don't know alot about others, BUT I do know Sweetwater has added some to there PITCHING stable. Sweetwaters biggest downfall will be the bats. If somehow they could get a few more hits, here & there, they could be somewhat of a SURPRIZE in the district. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are going to be

in the running for the district by any means, BUT I think with a new centerfilder &

a new pitcher, they could give everyone alot more trouble then they did last year..

Good LUCK to everyone!!!!

Who are the key players for each team??

Walker Valley- Brandon Turner  Tyler Statford both are great and will do good this year

McMinn Central- Dustin Hearn Jeff Shaw Chad Cooley a freshman or two

Polk County- Zack Hicks Brandon Green Cory Biggs and i have heard a lot about a freshman or two one is named Ryan and the other i think Akins

Meigs- I dont know to much about them but Robbie C. is coming back out

Sweetwater- ?

Sequoyah- ?

Tellico- ?

825594021[/snapback]

i believe Cooley needs to be removed from the Central list and Jeff Moses needs to be added

To smalls and baseballfreak,

Thanks for some support I know u must really be goin out on a limb to say that we should come in second with only young talent keeping us from falling apart. I mean we only have two seniors and one junior whose been on first team all district and all tournament teams since we were soph's. lol And yeah Tyler Robers is a very good player and will help us a lot especially in pitching. Im glad to have him on our team. Or pitching staff wouldnt be hardly nothin without him. But im disapointed in not seeing any respect I mean we have 3 players that started in the state tournament two years ago. We have a lil upperclass leadership lol. but anyways..good game in the region tournament smalley. That was a great game. One of the hardest basketball games ive played.

Edited by McTiger4