Elite juniors in east TN

turn21415

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Matt Tanzi go to school at?  And if he can hit it 500 feet off of anyone in the state, why aint he playin in the majors.  I dont know of too many high school kids that can hit it that far

825571249[/snapback]

He really can hit a ball 500 feet. Obviously he doesn't average that. But he's a very strong kid who plays 1st base at McMinn County. He plays for the Chattanooga Cyclones in the summer and fall. OH, he's a junior this year.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Ryan Kennedy, Elizabethton  Best SS glove in the area, descent hitter

Todd Caldwell, Happy Valley  Outstanding hitter, good pitcher, plays OF - should be at first base

Ricky Morgan, Happy Valley  Great stick but lacks on defense. Expect to see his defense pick up quite a bit this year

Tee Blevins, Unaka  Outstanding pitcher, good hitter, great early years experience @ state tourny

Brandon Shoun, Science Hill  Pitching is his game and not a bad QB for the Hill

Probably won't play list

JC Atkinson, Elizabethton (shoulder surgery)  True centerfielder but struggles with bat

Charles Peters (shoulder - possible surgery upcoming) Could play anywhere - athlete

Preston Smith (wrist surgery - out for season and might be a soph) Best second baseman around these parts for awhile with bat and speed and like Shoun, a good QB

825572287[/snapback]

Smith is a very good second baseman but he will be out thru baseball season and is expected to be available for football (wrist surgery). As far as good 2nd basemen, you can't forget Chambers who graduated last year from Unaka. He was a dandy.

matt tanzi is one of the best juniors in the state. he has amazing power. he can hit the ball 500 feet off of anyone in the state. not only is he a great hitter, he is a very strong catcher. definatly one of the best in the state in that position. he can also play third and first. he has a mean glove. watch out for this guy he will be big.

825569921[/snapback]

I have seen Tanzi play plenty of times, he is in the same district as us.... But im not believing the who 500 ft. thing.. I have seen him hit a couple of hr's but not anything close to 500ft.

just because you havn't seen tanzi hit it 500ft dosn't mean he can't. wether u believe it or not he can. so drop the subject because i have seen him do it. everytime he takes bp he hits it that far. you probally don't believe it because you can't do it and you never will be able to. your mind won't strech that far because you don't have to talent. he can do it and that's final.

How about these juniors out of Anderson Co. High School? TJ RIGGS AND JUSTIN CLEVENSTINE........ Riggs (throws a 1.9 to 2nd from the catcher's positon....try and run on the guy U CANT! ! ! He's got a great bat and hits for high averages. Then, Justin Clevenstine ......he's got a cannon from any where in the outfield....bats pretty decent......Dont run on him he will throw u out also. Hes got great speed and can steal off anyone. These boys are gunna lead the Mavericks into Region play. Write it down CLEVENSTINE AND RIGGS can do it all.

Correction baseballislife09, riggs throws a 1.8 and clevenstine runs 4.6 he can move for a white boy from anderson county ,and bye the way riggs has an outstanding bat but i repeat do not stealon riggs or even attempt to even throw down to second when clevenstine is stealing. but i DO AGREE that ac will go far.