Volunteer Falcons Baseball

Pitcher99

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a post about the score and what all happened? Sounds like a loss, but still someone find the positives about the game and post some. Depending on what time I get back from UVA-Wise tomorrow, I might end up at the games. Keep trying to get out there and support my old team.

[edit] Well...if you have that early of a start then I won't make it. Our games don't start until 2:00pm tomorrow.

Edited by illpete23

Two tough losses today. Lost to south 4-3 and Happy Valley 8-4. Shouldve beat South had a HORRIBLE call in the 1st inning that started a 3 run rally if we wouldve got that call right we probably would have won. HV is a tough team hit the crap out of it but we played fairly well i think we had 1 error in 2 games which is pretty good. Hope Coty is alright took a good shot on the knee. Dont know who we play tomorrow yet but it will a 4th place team from another pool.

I thought the team showed a lot of heart coming back in the Happy Valley game, and yes you did get royally screwed in the first game. I thought Justo pitched a very good game and held down a South team that has been on a tear, with some good defense behind him. Redneck Fleenor did an excellent job coming in cold in game 2 and Heath showed some signs of his old self late in that game. Sticks are trying to come to life, especially Matt Mcmellan. These tough games against good competition will pay off for you guys. Just keep working hard and stick together, you'll have a good season. Go get 'em tomorrow and win some games next week, especially 2 tough conference games.

I feel you on getting "roo rooed". We had HORRIBLE umpires up at UVA-Wise today. Three of our first six outs weren't outs at all. Coach had enough in the 7th inning when Spina (from TN High) got called out trying to steal third, he was definitely safe with no question. Coach asked the field umpire if there was any way that he could just leave and us play with one umpire, and that our team was battling our heart out but that he had killed every rally that we had tried to put together. This happens everytime we go to Wise though, never fails. My freshman year coach was ejected, and for arguing a very good cause. Our coach doesn't say anything unless it is absolutely needed, and today it was needed.

I know that Coach Cloud and Coach McLain will stick up for their players when it is needed too. I always loved having them two as coaches. Coach McLain had me for a few years before high school though, and then on the football field which was fun (as fun as Mount Venable could be during summer 2-a-days). I miss those guys...take care of them...