Paul Fuchs

johnsmith42

Paul Fuchs, an all midstate and all tournament team goalie from USN, has had a strong summer and is now 6'5 240 pounds of rock solid steel. To give you an idea of his determination and work ethic, instead of sleeping at 10 or 11 like everyone else, Paul never sleeps and instead stays up all night watching film from last year, while trying to figure out how to make himself better, he has not slept in months!

I saw both of them play last year in the state tournament. Fuchs made some incredible saves when they upset CBHS in the quarterfinals. Kravitz was very impressive against Martin Westview in their quarterfinals match. Hume-Foggs sweeper was really solid, which he helped Kravitz out a good bit. I've only seen each play once, so it would be hard to make a call on who is actually better. I would give the edge to Fuchs though, especially if he is spending that much time on film trying to improve. Worth ethic goes a long ways. Plus, he has great size, that can't be taught. Not trying to take anything away from Kravitz though.

• 3 weeks later...