McDonalds All-American Game

realdeal02

Gomab, I don't think that J.P. and Tyler Smith have a lot of hype going into the final cut. Tyler Smith was once considered the top player in this class thus he's been somewhat of a disappointment in the minds of National scouts, but his hype comes from within the state. As was evident when he played well against Brandon Wright at Vanderbilt. J.P. made a name for his self outside of Tennessee with great court vision, a high basketball IQ, and big-time production no matter who's in front of him.

In the senior class their's and abundance of talented point guards in the East, therefore J.P. must beat out the likes of Louis Williams-Georgia , Jamont Gordon-undecided, Greg Paulus-Duke, Byron Eaton-Oklahoma State, or Mario Chalmers-Kansas to make the squad. Tyler will be batling Julian Wright-Kansas, Danny Green-North Carolina, Brandon Rush-NBA? Notice Jamont Gordon and Louis Williams are being listed as PG's.

The last time Tennessee had two McDonald's All-American's in same year was Cedric Henderson-East and Duece Ford-Fairley in 1993. That game featured Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, and Randy Livingston and was held in Memphis Tn.

Edited by realdeal02

I do think that both will make the game, as will Jamont. Jamont is not a PG. Prince is often considered a wing, anyways... Would Chalmers and Eaton not be considered for the West team, Chalmers being from Alaska and Eaton in Texas??? I like Tyler as well. Though his stock went "down", he is still a national name, and a very good talent. I do think that both are deserving, and will make the AA squad... I do hate not seeing Reginald still in the running as well, but I expected as much... Good luck to Prince, Smith, and Gordon!!!