Art Vandley where are you

superfalconfan05

Interesting thread. It's obvious nobody likes loosing.

For those DB, sH, and Volunteer faithful battling thier brains out on here, let me pose a situation.

I agree, DB, South, SH should run things in AAA next year. I have no arguement. You should have a better team. South great players for the enrollment. DB, SH with almost 2000 students, you should dominate. no question.

BUT, what if (and it could be a big if), Volunteer would actually win against DB or SH? Are you going to give them credit for the win or find some excuse. Can't use the "overlooked" arguement next year (as you are saying our south team did). DB and SH should win. But Volunteer beating one of them, I have watched stranger things happen.

The Hill is always strong and DB usually not far behind, if behind at all. I have watched both and look forward to the new/old conference next year.

Edited by unbiased

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well go figure u didnt know even know brentwood was even a divison II .

the only reason sh is better is that they are bigger school that's it.

825580671[/snapback]

you used "even" one to many times in the first sentence, and your grammar indicates that you probably arent very intelligent

anyways, of course i knew that brentwood was in a different league because they are a private school, i thought that division II was classified by size also....MY BAD

shhs is better only because they are a bigger school? and people are saying that i'm the one saying A and AA schools arent as good as AAA schools ? when all i said is that they arent as consistently good, warrior sounds like he thinks they arent ever as good, just a thought.

and warrior, dont get on me for the division II thing, you are the one that said they should combine you and central and you would be unstoppable :lol: if they combined you, central, and unaka, you would still lose to us, so good thinking. thumb

Edited by shtopper05

Interesting thread.  It's obvious nobody likes loosing.

For those DB, sH, and Volunteer faithful battling thier brains out on here, let me pose a situation.

I agree, DB, South, SH should run things in AAA next year.  I have no arguement.  You should have a better team.  South great players for the enrollment. DB, SH with almost 2000 students, you should dominate.  no question.

BUT, what if (and it could be a big if), Volunteer would actually win against DB or SH?  Are you going to give them credit for the win or find some excuse.  Can't use the "overlooked" arguement next year (as you are saying our south team did).  DB and SH should win. But Volunteer beating one of them, I have watched stranger things happen.

The Hill is always strong and DB usually not far behind, if behind at all.  I have watched both and look forward to the new/old conference next year.

825580896[/snapback]

apparently, volunteer has already beat db last year

but its all about consistency...sure they can win occasionally, but they are not overall a better team, if they win, they get my respect for the game, but anyone with any intelligence will know they are not a better team until they put up 5-6 wins against a SH, DB, or TN high squad... UNC lost to Santa Clara, is Santa Clara a better team?? of course not.

so no excuses if volunteer wins, just reality...Volunteer, like i said, when you win 5-6 in a row against one of the top teams in district I AAA, then you will definately be a contender in the area...until then, stop talking.

Hmmm, where to start? Miss spelled? Who is that? I think you mean misspelled. DB baosters? How about boasters? Challenged, not challanged. Losing, not loosing. Unicoi not Unioci. You really shouldn't bash others about spelling unless you yourself can spell correctly.

825580700[/snapback]

Who gives a crap if he did miss spell a fue werds he got his point akross didnt he?

apparently, volunteer has already beat db last year

but its all about consistency...sure they can win occasionally, but they are not overall a better team, if they win, they get my respect for the game, but anyone with any intelligence will know they are not a better team until they put up 5-6 wins against a SH, DB, or TN high squad... UNC lost to Santa Clara, is Santa Clara a better team?? of course not.

so no excuses if volunteer wins, just reality...Volunteer, like i said, when you win 5-6 in a row against one of the top teams in district I AAA, then you will definately be a contender in the area...until then, stop talking.

825580910[/snapback]

1.Thanks Art for your worthless information. Your Chucky comments are old news and that is just you being jealous because DB should of at one point the last few years had a player of that caliaber playing with them. Oh what DB did to get Charles to come to DB. Well I am so glad he chose Twin Springs over DB any day.

2. It isnt your Football team I have problems with just to get that straight before anybody gets that confused it is all on the basketball program. I supported the Football program all year this year and that is easy to do because I dont know one Volunteer Football fan who would even aruge the fact that we even WANT to play DB in Football. It would be Ugly. My reason for disliking the basketball program is diffrent I know for a fact this year if DB and Volunteers basketball teams would have met Volunteer at least wins 1 if not both games. Because this year was a down year for both teams but I just feal that Volunteer wins this year because besides lamon who is scoring for that team. It would be a great game that never happened. I suppose we can wait for DB's First Confrence game next year to watch this game though on November 29th.

3.To the Quoted post above Do you love UNC because they Wont win the NCAA Tournament.

how bout trying to show a little class

volunteer fans should not be talking trash about someone else's win

db and sh fans should not be putting down entire communities even if their idiots are outspoken

one or two people can make alot look bad

congrats to south, sh, and volunteer for advancing to the regions

good luck

3.To the Quoted post above Do you love UNC because they Wont win the NCAA Tournament.

825580992[/snapback]

what the heck is that supposed to mean? no really, i dont get it...

superfalconfag05, who do you like? cause there is no team better than unc in the ncaa this year...sure illinois is undefeated, but who have they played?? dont even try to come busting on UNC unless you have something to back it up...

and what i said about unc is all you can comment about?? or maybe we finally got through to you that Volunteer will never be as good as us big leagers in the AAA.

go back to your square dancing class or whatever you take way out there in volunteer.

Edited by shtopper05

825580910[/snapback]

So Volunteer can brag all they want about being a contender in district I AA because they have consistantly won. ( I think someone typed 11 straight years to the region) but just don't place them at the top of AAA?

So South would need 4-5 more wins over DB,SH to become contenders? Right now we are just respected.

Of course we can comment all we want about who is better..can anyone say they are consistantly contenders for the state title (the one that really matters), because no team from the region (basketball wise) has beaten teams 5-6 times for the title.

So Volunteer can brag all they want about being a contender in district I AA because they have consistantly won.  ( I think someone typed 11 straight years to the region) but just don't place them at the top of AAA?

So South would need 4-5 more wins over DB,SH to become contenders? Right now we are just respected.

Of course we can comment all we want about who is better..can anyone say they are consistantly contenders for the state title (the one that really matters), because no team from the region (basketball wise) has beaten teams 5-6 times for the title.

825581433[/snapback]

so.............lemme get this straight.

ur saying that Volunteer should be at the top of AAA, because they beat DB last year.

please.....gimme a break.

and sweet!!!!!! you can brag about being a top contender in district I AA....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ill have to give it to you.....thats pretty impressive!! :o

oh, and when a team wins state, they automatically get bragging rights till someone takes it away from them, because, to get to state, you have to win 5-6 games against quality teams, and you are clearly the best team in the state, because you have shown consistency in your wins....

so good try unbiased... thumb

Edited by shtopper05

can somebody check out a rumor for me...just got off the phone...word is dashaud, the best pg in east tennessee is thinking about taking his skills over to the rebels next year.....my source says he played summer ball with all those south boys....have the rebels started recruiting now?.....

825580040[/snapback]

He would have to sit out for one year under TSSAA rules. I dont think he'd do that as a senior.

shtopper05

You need your Hilltopper ID revoked! You claim to be a hilltopper fan but stick up for DB? You got no dog in this race. As a fellow graduate of the Hill, I am shocked to think you would even come to this thread and dog out a AA school. You, and other fans like you, are the reason that many around your neck of the woods hates the Hilltoppers. Science Hill is always at the top of the chain in bball. You don't need to get on here and run your mouth about it. This whole thing was started because a DB fan got on VOLUNTEER'S thread and ran his mouth. It turned out that DB lost and Volunteer won, so now he is getting his. Nobody ever said anything about Science Hill, but you stuck you BIGBIRD nose in where it doesn't belong. If you continue to post on here, please change your ID so nobody will know you are really from Science Hill. You and Shwaxin make Science Hill alumnis ashamed.