RICHLAND DISTRICT 11 CHAMPIONS

jamieroper

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Roper, glad to see you are still pulling for Richland. At least Richland is getting what they asked for. I heard the Richland coach say after i believe to the Mt. Pleasant game that it was important to get the #1 seat so that they could get Wayne County in the 1st round of the Reg. tournament. I thought when I heard him say it that he may regret it. But at least he is getting his wish. Be careful what you wish for. When are you getting back into coaching? You were one of the best. Good luck against Wayne County. And do not be surprised if 11a goes 0-4 against 12a.

825589752[/snapback]

Hey Huntlanddad (Mike), what is up? Did you like my math in my post? As for the comment about Wayne County, I heard it too. It was at halftime of the boy's game. He usually interviews at halftime. I do not get to watch allot of the boy's games so I listen on the way home. I have to work too early to stay. I was surprised by the comment, however, he was mainly talking about logic, it is almost always best to play the 4 seat than the 1,2, or 3. I wish he had not mentioned Wayne County by name. However, it did look at like Wayne County would be the 4 seat. So he was right. If I was their coach, I would have it posted on the locker room door. As for coaching, I was going to try to get a team together consisting of mainly Richland girls 15 and under to play some AAU tourns.. However, it does not look like my work schedule is going to let me. I am planning on moving the the gulf coast when my Soph. graduates from high school. I will probably go back into teaching and coach one of the teams down there. I really would like to coach a team from spring selections to the state playoffs.

As for D12 sweeping, I doubt it. If Richland could correct a couple of things, they could play with anyone. They need to set solid screens to free up shooters and they need to learn to catch and shoot quicker. Their Defense is sound considering they are so undersized. They play with allot of heart. If #14, #24, and #00 are hitting their shots, they can beat anyone. If #11 ever gets off the bench, she can score double digits. Plus the 8th grader is getting better ever game. Yes, Summertown beat the crap out of them. However, they played with Summertown for a while. They had the opportunity to be up by double digits early and did not take advantage of it. I believe they were up 5 to 2 with 3 minutes gone and had already missed 3 layups and 4 foul shots. You can not let a team that good off the ropes if you get them there. Then again, Summertown plays like bumble bees, all over you. I believe Richland has a great chance, if they play as a team. Take care and god bless you. Tell your daughter I said hi and if I do get a team together, I will give her a call.

Edited by jamieroper

You just got to love the rivalry between 11A and 12A. It's too bad that not more of the teams from these two districts schedule games against each other during the regular season. One thing is forsure, it's going to be a dogfight down in Eagleville this week, but probably mostly between the 12A teams. Biggest chance of an 11A team getting out of first round goes to Richland, and I'll admit the Moore County v. Perry County game could be interesting as well. However, a general understanding of the game of basketball and some common sense would have most people picking 12A teams over 11A teams.

math question for 83 angle:

in the final regular season game, cascade girls beat richland 44-38.

in the first district tourn game moore co girls beat cascade 52-33.

then in the second game richland beat moore county 25-16.

hows the math work on those scores?

825590904[/snapback]

It only works if there is at least one high school team involved.

25-16 final . . . good grief. Those are junior high scores, right?

"It only works if there is at least one high school team involved.

25-16 final . . . good grief. Those are junior high scores, right?"

i have to admit, i know very little about 11-a girls, and nothing at all about 12-a. but i do know that comparing scores is a fools game.

ya'lls tournament is gonna work just like everyone else's,

they will set the scores at zero,

and we will find out who is best....that night.

no reputation points will be awarded.

Amen Laz!! It always starts out 0 to 0. And both teams get 5 players on the floor at a time. However, Summertown's defense appears to have 6 or 7 out there at times the way they get around. Richland's defense can be extremely tough at times. They totally shut down Moore County in the 25 to 16 game. It was an ugly game in my opinion. It was like a different team playing when Moore County beat Cornersville in District. Richland is not hitting on all cylinders and still won the District Tourn. If they get it clicking, they can do some damage. I echo others who said that it would be great if the D11 and D12 teams played more games against each other. The good lord above knows that it could not mean more travel than we already do. We go over the river and thru the woods to about every game we play. One thing is for sure. As I told some Forrest fans prior to the District tourn., " We are lucky enough to get to find out who is right." And it begins in about 1 1/2 hours. Here's praying for good sportsmenship, no injuries, and good basketball. Lastly, GO LADY RAIDERS. You said after getting creamed by Summertown early in the year that you wanted them again. I am sure they will be there waiting in the finals. Now get there so you can get you some of them. A little story for encouragement. I coached a team one time that no one really knew much about. We went into a big tourn. with nationally known teams involved. It started with pool play. After the pool draw, several people pated me on the back and said sorry fellow your team's draw was so bad. I asked why and they pointed out 2 of the 4 teams in my pool as being national contenders. One team had not lost in 3 years. My response, "Good, that means they do not get out of this tourn. without playing us." We beat both teams and won the tourn. We did not have the money to go to Oklahoma City where the nationals were going on so our season ended. Both teams had better records, better talent, and better coaching. But we played as a team. The previously unfeated team from Texas kicked butt at OK City and finished first. When they got that trophy, I know they remembered the day we beat them and had to wonder was they really the best. Could we have beaten them again in 10 tries, probably not. But we beat them when it counted. If you can beat these D12 schools, you can play with anyone because they are the real deal. I can not imagine much better teams throughout the state. Play as a team and you can do it. Good luck.

Edited by jamieroper

I know that Richland is bringing them rowdy fans again and they can make a diffrence in this game against wayne county,I belive that if our shooter ever catches fire then we have a good chance of beating wayne because she never got going against forrest,she air balled like three in a row and let the crowd get in her head.This will be a good game and I hope Richland comes out on top.

825589461[/snapback]

I believe it was more than three and the crowd really got in her head. But it was a great game anyway. But now that I read that I suppose three in a row and then a few more.

OVER-RATED - Oh yeah, that is what the Richland crowd was chanting at the Wayne County team during pre-game warm-ups.

Looks like Richland was the much-over-rated one - losing to the D12 #4 seed by 19 (44-25) and only scored 12 points the entire second half.

Too bad you can't ignore this one on your schedule, like you did the 76-33 drubbing by Summertown.