Powell Panthers

phs5

Im not puttin anything against powell but I dont see them placing higher than 4th in the district..... they lost too much last year and they are still very young. All they have is Lakin as of right now that I know of. Im sure they will surprise some teams but don't see them competing in district play though. But the season still isn't here so they could prove everyone wrong :o

They have no hitters on the team. I went to their first scrimmage and they didn't even manage to get 1 hit. They will be pretty solid at times in the infield and make some errors in the outfield, but without any sticks they want be bringing home very many runs. Hope they know how to steal bases and bunt well.

Powell scrimmaged Carter tonight and when the starters came out Powell was winning 2-0, the pitching for Powell looked awesome with Preston Davis throwing the first 2 innings, then Lucas Leach throwing the next 2, both didnt give up any runs, and i think there was only about 2 hits given up. But good game all around still need to pick the sticks up and hit the ball.

I heard they won 1-0 on a homerun by Nick Lakin and that was the only run they scored. And i dont know who said they beat LC 11-1 but i heard the score was really 3-1. I dont know whose getting on here and writing these post but i dont think they are right.

Powell did beat Lenior City 11-1 and it may have been more, they beat Carter 3-1 last night, and tonight the beat Gibbs 7-2, they lead off the game with Matt Hargis hitting the second pitch over the left field wall, it was Matts first game back from basektball and his first swing all year, Powell didnt look to bad tonight and will face Central and Webb tomorrow. And i know for sure about those scores from the Lenior City and the Carter game.