ooltewah or farragut

owlsfan10

It's absolutely impossible to answer this question. You cannot tell much from a 10-inning scrimmage where almost everyone plays and each team goes through 5-7 pitchers. It's just not a valid comparison.

Plus, considering Farragut is something like 95-3 in the last 2 years with two state championships, they have the best pitcher in the state, and they have probably the best overall player in the state, I'd say they are better. Ooltewah is good, and I'm the first one on here everytime to support them and talk them up.

But this year they've got a lot to prove. And it can only be done on the field. So until they start drilling local teams and make it past the district tourney, Farragut tops my list.

Here's another observation.

This is what I like about Farraugt - they run rule EVERYBODY! They get on a team 5 or 6 runs in the first few innings, and then FINISH them off! Watch their results throughout the year and look at the scores....10-0, 11-1, 15-4, 12-0....every time. They're very disciplined, and they go out there each and every day with the same goal - to win, and win big.

Ooltewah jumps on a team 3 or 4 runs in the first few innings then they can't finish. Even if they win, they burn pitching and let the other team hang around. The offense has got to get consistent...errors have to NOT be made which will help to keep the other team off the scoreboard, AND pitching has to continue to throw strikes.

There is not one reason why Ooltewah should not win by run rule in 65% of their games this year. Look at their offense and their pitching. Let's git 'r dun boys!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Coach Pharr deserves a lot of credit for keeping his players focused throughout a game. It would be easy for many of us to relax when jumping out to a lead. The past few years, Farragut just puts on more steam.

I haven't looked this up, but I think they had a FEW more games that DIDN'T end after 5 in 2004 as opposed to 2003.

btw - I saw Ootlewah in the SportsBelle last year and was impressed.

Edited by bizazz

You have to go with Farragut here. They've won like 90 games over the past 2 seasons along with 2 state championships. They have the best pitcher in the state in Catapano and the best middle infield duo in Delmonico and Jennings. Pharr and Wingate are both great coaches and Ooltewah is looking pretty good this year. I give Farragut best in the state and Ooltewah best in Chattanooga area but Ooltewah can hang with just about anybody. But I'm goin with Farragut here.