Clay Co. vs. Westmoreland

bball2315

I seen Westmoreland barely pull out a win against a very bad Pickett team the other day,and I wasnt impressed.They dont handle the ball very well and I saw really poor passing and a lack of stepping up and taking wide open shots,then taking bad shots,so I say Clay by 8.

825596685[/snapback]

Talk about unimpressive....what about that GREAT 17 pt. half you guys had against Watertown Monday night. Your team looked so unorganized. If Watertown does anything at all you are sitting at home tonight. I have seen Westmoreland play 3-4 times this year and if your team performs no better than Monday, then you all might as well get the softballs out. Westmoreland by 6.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about unimpressive....what about that GREAT 17 pt. half you guys had against Watertown Monday night.  Your team looked so unorganized.  If Watertown does anything at all you are sitting at home tonight.  I have seen Westmoreland play 3-4 times this year and if your team performs no better than Monday, then you all might as well get the softballs out.  Westmoreland by 6.

825596751[/snapback]

I agree dilligaf, if Watertown had gotten off the bus the other night, clay would have been at the house. Just one correction clay only scored 15.

Westmoreland pulls it out with about 3minutes to go and forces clay to play man and I don't think they are a good man "d" team.

Wesmoreland by 10 b/c they make freethrows down the stretch.

Edited by Coach2001

I agree dilligaf,  if Watertown had gotten off the bus the other night, clay would have been at the house.  Just one correction clay only scored 15.

Westmoreland pulls it out with about 3minutes to go and forces clay to play man and I don't think they are a good man "d" team. 

Wesmoreland by 10 b/c they make freethrows down the stretch.

825596770[/snapback]

no way watertown can beat clay county

Clay is capable of beating almost anyone--they handed Unaka its only defeat of the season. Somebody else mentioned Westmoreland playing up to their capabilities.

What really matters, especially in the post season, is beating someone when you DON'T play up to your capabilities. Great teams do that, good ones don't always. That may be what decides this game.

Westmoreland was impressive. It was a dominating win. The final score doesn't even do it justice. It was never close.

Speaking of tradition, Westmoreland's isn't too bad itself. They've just been playing up with the big girls in Class AA for years while Celina got to play in Class A. If that weren't the case, Celina wouldn't have near as many state tourney appearances. Celina does have a fine program though.

Since coming back down to Class A, I believe Westmoreland has won three straight district titles and the region title two years ago.

But as well as Westmoreland played on Wednesday, they'll have to play even better to beat Clarkrange on Thursday night.

It was surprising that both semifinals were so lopsided.

Ill take back my earlier post,about them not being impressive but I seen a completely diffrent team tonight than I did monday.This was the worst game ive seen from a Clay County girls tema in a long time,if not ever.They just never could get it started and the refs werent helpin neither team with the nitpicky calls.But Congrats to Westmoreland and good luck against Clarkrange,youll prolly need it.

Ill take back my earlier post,about them not being impressive but I seen a completely diffrent team tonight than I did monday.This was the worst game ive seen from a Clay County girls tema in a long time,if not ever.They just never could get it started and the refs werent helpin neither team with the nitpicky calls.But Congrats to Westmoreland and good luck against Clarkrange,youll prolly need it.

825598478[/snapback]

First, learn how to spell...it is "probably." Second, why will they need good luck. From what I understand, Clay had them beat last week in the tourney. And please don't even start with the officiating thing. Westmoreland is at least 10 pts. better than Clay almost any night. I can smell the leather off those softball gloves right now! Congrats to Westmoreland.