Waverly & McEwen both eyeing substate

swamptiger

First of all I wish district 10A could stop all the in fighting and pull for each other. This district is very competative and has been for several years. McEwen has played the same schedule for the last 15 years. The district schedule changes from time to time but the rest of the schedule stays much the same. A game at C.P.A. was added this year after they came to McEwen last year. Besides that the district schedule was and always will be a challege for the top teams. This district is loaded with good coaches with proven records. And yes sportster coach Petrone is one of them along with Ronnie Carlisle of Jo Byrns. Check his record over the years. L.C. Baggett has won a ton of games at Houston Co. and has had a bunch of class kids play for him including this years guys. East has put the gold balls we all strive for outside the gym in cases for all to see. Coach Murphy has done a great this year and will continue to do so. Charlie Anderson is a member of the Hall of Fame, need we say more. Coach Harper has been able to pull off a big upset each year at Clarksville Academy. Because he is limited in talent mean he can't coach? I'm proud of this district and the teams in it. D.C.A. was number one in the state in girls basketball and their season ended the same night mcEwen and East went home. Was their schedule weak or the coaching bad? Early on sportster posted that Heriage was the most tournament ready team because of the schedule they played during Christmas. What was their tournament record? I think they finished 4th in the district and was one and out in the region. Was that because they did'nt have a coach or a tournament ready schedule? No way. This game we love is always full of surprises. I'm very surprised an adult would question the ethics of coaches who have been in this district for many years. I would also be very surprised if you aren't an adult sportster.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if i hit a nerve. I just remember the good ole days when our district really pulled for each other. Not really the case any more. I think the old schools of 10A do but i'm not sure of the others. I pull for all the 10 A teams because it's good for the district. And Sportster, you must be very passionate about Heritage bball and that's a good thing. But do you need to put down the other coaches and teams in the district?

Sorry if i hit a nerve.  I just remember the good ole days when our district really pulled for each other.  Not really the case any more.  I think the old schools of 10A do but i'm not sure of the others.  I pull for all the 10 A teams because it's good for the district.  And Sportster, you must be very passionate about Heritage bball and that's a good thing.  But do you need to put down the other coaches and teams in the district?

825602909[/snapback]

Hate to disappoint you but I have no ties to Heritage... I have followed them because they were so young and played so hard... My ties are more with the "old Teams" of 10 "A".....

Like I said enough is enough I put up the white flag...McEwen had a good season... I wish them the bestnext year.... No hard feelings intended by anything that I have said..

Who did Carlise call? I haven't heard about this? I know one thing FOR A FACT!!!!!Petrone called 1/2 of the next year districts coaches and trierd to do a different scheduling method without letting all the coaches know about it. And im pretty sure that Coach Ross is the one that blew that cover for petrone. People dont like when people hide things for others. Its just stupid you know. And by the way we all know you have ties to WHHS school. Thats all you post about ever!!! Your like there biggest...only fan!!!!All the rest of the posters are players from there. SO don't LIE man everyone knows you have ties to them!!

Edited by GotGame