Science Hill/ TN high round 4

shtopper05

yea gotta watch that possession arrow...those refs were terrible in both games yesterday...i have never seen so many bs calls in my life, it was absolutely ridiculous...im not one to blame the refs for a game, but i think that they were one of the main reasons that crockett was able to come back somewhat in the 4th...estepp being the other reason.  but i think tonight will be a great game...both teams are definately pumped for this game...and crockett had a very hard time stopping omar yesterday, if he plays like that again today, im sure we will come out of there with the win...but im expecting the fans to be really loud from both sides, and i know it will be a great game...

-and will someone tell dashaud he needs to pass it to #20 more? haha

825601098[/snapback]

the refs had nothing to do with crocket comming back in the 4th they just out played sh the crowd is gonna be wild and it is gonna be a great game so u might wanna come a little early to get some good seats

oh yeah shaud does pass the ball to #20 u jus need to watch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the refs had nothing to do with crocket comming back in the 4th they just out played sh  the crowd is gonna be wild and it is gonna be a great game so u might wanna come a little early to get some good seats

oh yeah shaud does pass the ball to #20 u jus need to watch

825601138[/snapback]

no, #20 didnt get the ball hardly at all yesterday...trust me- he was talking trash to us before the game so we booed everytime he got the ball, and we werent booing that much...but yea it was a joke

and ill give it to estepp singlehandedly leading his team yesterday, scoring more than half of his teams points...he is so good.

but as far as tonight goes, we will definately be ready for a game 4...this game has so much hype, and we want to bring it back to the palace for one more game...but all i know is its going down tonite in bristol.

Edited by shtopper05

no, #20 didnt get the ball hardly at all yesterday...trust me- he was talking trash to us before the game so we booed everytime he got the ball, and we werent booing that much...but yea it was a joke

and ill give it to estepp singlehandedly leading his team yesterday, scoring more than half of his teams points...he is so good.

but as far as tonight goes, we will definately be ready for a game 4...this game has so much hype, and we want to bring it back to the palace for one more game...but all i know is its going down tonite in bristol.

825601167[/snapback]

well i guess yall wernt ready enough for the vikings huh oh well maby if we make it to the state championship and you all can figure out some way to beat jackson northside then you all can get your hopes up again.

I guess it is Science Hill @ Oak Ridge and Clinton @ Tenn. High. Can someone tell me about these 2 teams and how they play?

Oak Ridge- They are a pretty good team all around, they have their post player their in Daniels-Mulholland and have good guards that dont choke under pressure Oak Ridge can pretty much play to any other teams tempo so you dont have an advantage of trying to slow the game down or sppeding it up. They have 2 freshmen which are prob in the top 4 players on the team, they dont choke under pressure either, Stevens (5'5"pg) stole a Farragut pass and got fouled and hit his freethrow to win the game and Dowdell about 6'3 was clutch tonight against Clinton.

Clinton- Dont have a dominant post player, they are pretty much a guard team w/ a 6'4" wing man playing center. Although Clinton does have a 6'7 player he doesnt get to play a whole lot and doesn't really get looks when he is in. Look out for the guard trio of Jordan Dixon, Jonathon Dye, and Dandrus Whitt. Whitt a senior is averaging 25ppg and has a range of about 25-28 feet. Dye a junior is the Dragons clutch player and is averaging about 16 ppg. Dye really stepped up in the tournament and had 30 tonight against Oak Ridge and had 24 against Maryville and 26 against Bearden in the Region tourney. Dixon is becoming a player and has around 12 ppg he is a threat to shoot and to drive to the bucket and get fouled. But the best thing about the Dragons team is their press and it took Oak Ridge the 5th time they played Clinton to finally figure it out, Clinton go tthem w/ the press the 1st 4 games. They go full court about 3/4 of the game and its 4 men up pressing the ball in and 1 man at mid court. Good luck to all 4 teams.

Clinton TN High only has 2 real good players...Johnson and Terrill. They have 2 or 3 other players who occasionaly come to play as well but usually just keep the two I named above in check and you'll win. SH beat them 3 times this year and lost to them tonight for the first time in double ot. Watch out for their coach too..he usually tries to make friends with the refs before the game.

Tennessee High plays a tough 2-3 matchup zone and always plays low scoring game. They have a big 1-2 punch of Shaud Johnson and Bryan Terrill but also Evan Dodd is good and Goose Harmon is an awesome post player Chris Perigan is quick out on the perimeter and Mackie Chapman has some mad defense. Their main weaknes is depth. They play 6 players every single game except Cherokee when Dodd and Terril both fouled out. Shaud is an awesome ball handler and Terril is lights out with the ball is his hands.

Science Hill is the opposite in a lot of ways they push it up the floor and press press press. They rotate 11-12 players a game and dont get worn down. Omar Wattad Ian McKinney and Michael Forney are the best players. They are 32-6 but almost every time I see them play they barely win. They have won so many close games.

Clinton TN High only has 2 real good players...Johnson and Terrill.  They have 2 or 3 other players who occasionaly come to play as well but usually just keep the two I named above in check and you'll win. SH beat them 3 times this year and lost to them tonight for the first time in double ot. Watch out for their coach too..he usually tries to make friends with the refs before the game.

825602882[/snapback]

You have got to be kidding me. THS has at least 4 guys who contribute every game they just don't get the press as much as other. Tyler Harmon averages 10 rebounds a game and most of them are usually offensive. Dodd makes the big plays when they count just like tonight when he came up with a big 3 point play to start the 2nd OT. Just so you know... no one has had luck keeping Shaud "in check" as you say. He's tore up every player that's been put on him, sometimes even an entire team. It's funny you talk about burns making friends with the refs b/c ths games are normally very poorly refed especially for them. That's such a cop out to try and blame games on the refs. I sense a little bit of "i'm a big baby" attitude and you can't handle a loss.

actually your hopes are too high.. how many times has SH beat TN high this year? 3. what about TN high beat SH? 1..odds in SH favor..you all need to worry about substate game first

825602793[/snapback]

well son, i believe we won the game that counts...those 3 wins got you a number 1 seed, and we see how well you all handled that one....our team has more heart and determination...yall will pee straight up if you even make it past oak ridge to get to northside...i believe THS has got a chance to make a run...the first game is always the hardest...just like in the ncaa's for all the middle seeds....oh yea...viking pride baby, we were the ones cuttin down the nets

The more i hear the better i like Clintons chances. If Tenn High is going to run a 2-3 zone that is probably the worst defense to run against Clinton because the 3 guards can really stroke it and the 2 post players who should really be guards can stroke it too. Matt Ford the 6'4 post player probably has the 2nd best touch on the team to Dandrus Whitt. And Whitt does hit atleast 1 maybe 2 3's a game from the 25' range. Also Clinton came into the District tournament a #2 seed but started the region a 4 seed so Tenn high isnt the only low seeded team to still be here.

The more i hear the better i like Clintons chances. If Tenn High is going to run a 2-3 zone that is probably the worst defense to run against Clinton because the 3 guards can really stroke it and the 2 post players who should really be guards can stroke it too. Matt Ford the 6'4 post player probably has the 2nd best touch on the team to Dandrus Whitt. And Whitt does hit atleast 1 maybe 2 3's a game from the 25' range. Also Clinton came into the District tournament a #2 seed but started the region a 4 seed so Tenn high isnt the only low seeded team to still be here.

825603272[/snapback]

you are right, clinon has tremendous guardplay...but as you toppers well know, the ths defense is stiffling, holding you all to under forty in 3 of four games, putting us right up there with a chance to beat the so called 7th ranked toppers in all games...we held greenevile to under 30, and their sharpshooter #30 had a hand in his face everytime he shot, and did not hurt us one bit....we will be well prepared, we have scouted, we will practice against their defense , and their offense as well....we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state who will have us prepared...this season and our region title, and soon to be state tournament appearance is dedicated to all of the critics who were so easy to count us out after media day...viking pride

well son, i believe we won the game that counts...those 3 wins got you a number 1 seed, and we see how well you all handled that one....our team has more heart and determination...yall will pee straight up if you even make it past oak ridge to get to northside...i believe THS has got a chance to make a run...the first game is always the hardest...just like in the ncaa's for all the middle seeds....oh yea...viking pride baby, we were the ones cuttin down the nets

825603215[/snapback]

first off, who cuts down the nets after a regional championship win?? that was the gayest thing ive ever seen...SWEET, you are going nowhere at state if you even win on monday.

and about the refs, how are you gonna say they werent up your #### the whole game, those refs were AWFUL...im not blaming the game on them, but they were the worst refs ive seen in a long time.

you all have no depth...while shaud and terrill are good players and "goose" is a good rebounder, and that other guy can make the occasional 3, thats all you got...when terrill and shaud are on, thats the only way you stay in it close...the only reason we didnt blow you out all year is you did a good job of stopping omar...good luck but stop talking trash on here, when we are 3-1 against you this year, and you only played once in the palace...

all i got to say is: savor this win, cause its the only one you will get against us for the next 2 years at least.

and good luck at substate and state- your gonna need it.

Edited by shtopper05