Pigeon Forge vs. Austin East

LadyTigersMom

The 00 from PF boy she's a hustler but she was jawing at the Lady Runners. 

I'm not trying to start anything but thanks for the wonderful game PF...  Goodluck next year!!!

825605840[/snapback]

AERoadrunners: Thanks for the complements about our team and such but just to get some things cleared up, the only time I "jawed" at a Lady Roadrunner is when a girl tried to body me up after she fouled. I just told her that she needed to back up as the ref was saying the same thing. Sorry if I came off as a dirty player, I was just trying my best to get our team back in the game and the adrenaline and intensity just kicked in. Good Luck at the Boro. We'll be there to watch the Lady Roadrunners and the rest of the teams from the east.

Edited by 00LadyTiger2

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about them Lady Roadrunners!!!!!!!! I knew they wasn't going to let anybody come in their house and leave with a victory. Being an alumni I could smell a victory cooking when i walked in the gym. PF played against a real tough team but they played well and they was a real good team no doubt. Good Luck!!!!! And i hope we can bring the *BLING* back from the "boro" thumb

---the truth has been spoken

Good Luck next week Roadrunners! We'll be rooting for you here in the east. Looking forward to seeing a few of your former players next year at VIC. Brianna #22 & Kendra #04 will be playing with them...some of the nicest girls we've met on all the college visits. BTW...it was nice to meet Ashley's parents last night!

Everyone at AE was very nice last night. Many parents, fans came up to our girls to wish them well and congratulate them on how well they played. We did shed some tears, not so much because of the loss, but because it was the last game 4 of our seniors will play with this team and for Coach Johnson. :D

How bout dem Lady Roadrunners?  I enjoyed the outcome of the game however, the elbows and cheap shots were uncalled for.  I'm glad the refs controlled it from the get go or else it would've been ugly.  The 00 from PF boy she's a hustler but she was jawing at the Lady Runners. 

I'm not trying to start anything but thanks for the wonderful game PF...  Goodluck next year!!!

825605840[/snapback]

Congrats to the lady Roadrunners. Good luck Wed night!

As for the Jawing, Let's be honest. Unless you are one of the two involved, You can't say it would have been different. You don't know what was said or going on inside the girls minds. :D AERoadrunners, If I got up in your face in the heat of battle and said or did the wrong things, you would try to get me back off too as I would you. B) It is part of the game. This is part of the atmosphere of playing an A-E team. This is in all sports. Does A-E still make it a point to circle the sidelines of Visiting teams in football? I am not trying to start something, I love it. A-E definately has a great athletic atmosphere. And they have good fans too. A-E is a class act as is PFHS. B)

Make no mistake, A-E was jawing from the start of the game too. I have been around East TN athletics for 20+ years and have yet to see two teams with as much on the line not talk a little trash. It's all part of the game. So were the cheat shots and elbows from both sides. Seems to me like I remember some shoving from the AE girls too. But it was a good game to watch. Even when A-E seemed to put it out of reach, PFHS didn't give up and actually made a better game of it than the score reflected.

PF loses some good quality players, But with the heart that 00 shows and the coaching edge, they will be strong again next year.

Great Year PFHS!!! thumb

WOW, I didn't think it would get out of hand but I guess I started so I must end it.

Yeah, there was some jawing going on but I think that was after the fact you all started. Like I said, a lot was on the line and of course there's going to be things like this happening. HOwever, the elbows, I didn't see one AE player throw any. I mean, the big girls from PF were throwing a lot and the refs called some of them and some didn't get called.

My hat is off to PF, you came in with a great game plan however, the Lady Runners just wanted it more. Good Luck next year and I hope you're cheering for AE in the Boro!!

Good Luck next week Roadrunners!  We'll be rooting for you here in the east.  Looking forward to seeing a few of your former players next year at VIC.  Brianna #22 & Kendra #04 will be playing with them...some of the nicest girls we've met on all the college visits.  BTW...it was nice to meet Ashley's parents last night!

Everyone at AE was very nice last night.  Many parents, fans came up to our girls to wish them well and congratulate them on how well they played.  We did shed some tears, not so much because of the loss, but because it was the last game 4 of our seniors will play with this team and for Coach Johnson.  :(

825606370[/snapback]

FIRST I WANT TO TAKE THIS TIME TO SAY THAT THE PIGEON FORGE GIRLS PLAYED THE GAME THE WAY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO PLAY AT THAT LEVEL.IF A LITTLE JAWING WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE THEN JAW.BUT I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR THE GIRLS , FOR BEING AN AAU GIRLS COACH I KNOW THE KIND OF PLAYERS I WANT TO GO INTO A GAME IN A HOSTLE ATMOSPHER AN I WOULD TAKE YOUR GIRLS ANYWHERE TO PLAY KNOWING I WOULD GET A FULL EFFORT FROM START TO FINISH.SECOND I DID NOT SEE OR HEAR ONE OF P.F. PLAYERS AFTER THE GAME DO ANYTHING BUT SHOW CLASS AND GAMEMANSHIP WHEN SHAKING HANDS AFTER THE GAME(I WAS AT THE SCORERS TABLE).THANK YOU ALL FOR WHISHING US WELL AND I WOULD TO SEE US PLAY A REGULAR SEASON SERIES.GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR AND WHY NOT PLAN ON MEETING AT THE SAME TIME NEXT YEAR.

FIRST I WANT TO TAKE THIS TIME TO SAY THAT THE PIGEON FORGE GIRLS PLAYED THE GAME THE WAY YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO PLAY AT THAT LEVEL.IF A LITTLE JAWING WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE THEN JAW.BUT I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR THE GIRLS , FOR BEING AN AAU GIRLS COACH I KNOW THE KIND OF PLAYERS I WANT TO GO INTO A GAME IN  A HOSTLE ATMOSPHER AN I WOULD TAKE YOUR GIRLS ANYWHERE TO PLAY KNOWING I WOULD GET A FULL EFFORT FROM START TO FINISH.SECOND I DID NOT SEE OR HEAR ONE OF P.F. PLAYERS AFTER THE GAME DO ANYTHING BUT SHOW CLASS AND GAMEMANSHIP WHEN SHAKING HANDS AFTER THE GAME(I WAS AT THE SCORERS TABLE).THANK YOU ALL FOR WHISHING US WELL AND I WOULD TO SEE US PLAY A REGULAR SEASON SERIES.GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR AND WHY NOT PLAN ON MEETING AT THE SAME TIME NEXT YEAR.

825607839[/snapback]

Thanks for being so positive towards our team. We honestly didnt know what to expect coming out of the locker room after the game. Maybe a few "yea, we're the ones going to the state", but we heard none of that. Everything we heard from the AE fans was positive. AE might be a hostile environment to play in but their fans show nothing but class when it comes down to it. I agree a regular season series would be a good idea! It gives us the chance to play in a different kind of atmosphere and two quality basketball teams the opprotunity to compete. Hopefully we'll see you guys next year but I hope we'll be hosting on the same Saturday night as AE! thumb Thanks for everything and good luck at state. We'll be rooting you on!