Wilson Central- Mt. Juliet

WCBalla

After our big regional championship victory over Mt. Juliet last Thursday night, I just couldn't wait to get up the next morning, run out to get the local paper, and sit back and read all about it.  As I was reading, something Mt. Juliet's Coach Chris Fryer said caught my eye.  HE GAVE WILSON CENTRAL ALL THE CREDIT!  I couldn't believe it.  Here was the coach of the 33-0, #1 ranked team in the state, #2 ranked team in the NATION giving all the credit to the team that won.  He said, "it was a matchup of 2 great teams" and "it was a great high school game."  He also went on to say what "a great job Central did shutting us down."  He said the better team won. 

On CoachT, we see the word 'Class' passed around as if it was nothing more than shaker of salt.  Because of that, I regret having to use the word.  But, CLASS is the only word I can think of to describe Coach Fryer.  An emotional and heartbreaking loss to probably your most heated rival, and he has nothing but complimentary things to say about his opponent.  Did Mt. Juliet play poorly?  Probably.  Did Coach Fryer use this as an excuse?  He never mentioned it.  Again, all the credit went to the Wilson Central Lady Wildcats. 

In the 3 previous Wilson Central- Mt. Juliet games (all Mt. Juliet wins), Coach Bud Brandon has yet to give any credit to the Lady Bears.  It's always about how "we shot terrible," or "we turned it over too much."  I have the newspapers to prove it.  It's always about what we did wrong, not what Mt. Juliet did right.  I would hope that Coach Brandon, after this huge win, would read the quotes by Coach Fryer and learn how to handle adveristy.  I think it would serve him well.

Good luck to both teams in the state tournmament.  Two teams from Wilson County in the final 8.  That is exciting.  I'm pullng for Central, but Mt. Juliet has a new fan.

825605222[/snapback]

I have to agree with you. Everything well said. Fryer has class both on and off the court. Fryer has matured since he first started coaching, and we can see that it has paid off. I am a graduate of MTJ, but am a WCH fan because my son attends school there. I do believe that Coach Brandon needs to calm down when he plays MT Juliet. It does not look good to see a coach throw such a fit during a game. I am proud to live in a county that has two teams playing in the state championship!!! Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more on the class Chris Fryer has shown while coaching the Lady Bears. He is always under control and never throws a fit on the sideline when he feels like an official makes a bad call.

In all the time coaching MJ I don't ever recall him getting a technical called against himself.

We are very lucky to have him as coach of the Lady Bears.

I highly respect the MJ coach he is a great coach.

I know Coach Brandon personally and from watching the girls basketball games and he is also a classy person and coach. This talk about him being not classy is a bunch of mierda.

If anyone lacks class maybe its the MJ girls freshmen coach who took it 107-7 on Lebanon. :D But then again, if Lebanon really didn't want the score run up on them, can they not just stall the ball for the rest of the game? Until you concede in defeat, your in battle. Of course, if they are trying to stall or they still have their starters out at this time then they are just scum.

Poor Mailman, yes I guess kicking chairs and throwing jackets is class.  And yes I have known Bud since we were teens and yes he is a good coach, blah, blah blah.  Bud needs anger management when it comes to playing Mt. Juliet.  Every game its a bet as to who will jump up out of his seat and go after the ref, Bud or Campbell.  I have watched Chris Fryer become one of the classy coaches around.  He never jumps up in the refs face.  He calmly ask for an explanation and yes his face may turn red and he may look like he is going to stroke out but he does not EXPLODE like Bud.  You grow with experience when you are put in situations like that, Bud needs to show not only the crowd but his girls that control is what it is all about.

825606976[/snapback]

IF YOU THINK COACH FRYER HAS NOT RECIEVED ANY TECHNICAL FOULS...THEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO ALL OF HIS GAMES. ..AND AS FAR AS HIS THROWING THINGS--HE SAVES THAT FOR PRACTICES!

Edited by BALLER

Thier is one more thing i find interesting about all this "Bud Bashing" it all started after WC beat MJ wow isnt that interesting.....just makes you think

Please refer to the person who started this thread. It isn't someone named MJBalla, rather someone named WCBalla. WC I am assuming doesn't stand for Warren County. :lol:

IF YOU THINK COACH FRYER HAS NOT RECIEVED ANY TECHNICAL FOULS...THEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO ALL OF HIS GAMES. ..AND AS FAR AS HIS THROWING THINGS--HE SAVES THAT FOR PRACTICES!

825608813[/snapback]

Well as a matter of facts I do go to all the games. Even went to the Greeneville tourney. I was not saying Coach Fryer is perfect, I said when it comes to playing Mt. Juliet, Bud needs to control his self. sorry you were offended.

In the 3 previous Wilson Central- Mt. Juliet games (all Mt. Juliet wins), Coach Bud Brandon has yet to give any credit to the Lady Bears.  It's always about how "we shot terrible," or "we turned it over too much."  I have the newspapers to prove it.  It's always about what we did wrong, not what Mt. Juliet did right.  I would hope that Coach Brandon, after this huge win, would read the quotes by Coach Fryer and learn how to handle adveristy.  I think it would serve him well.

As you can see by my quote above, I never intended to "Bud Bash", I was complimenting Coach Fryer. I have never said that Coach Brandon lacked "Class". I simply referred to his habit of not giving the other team credit when they win.

I highly respect the MJ coach he is a great coach.

I know Coach Brandon personally and from watching the girls basketball games and he is also a classy person and coach.  This talk about him being not classy is a bunch of mierda. 

I agree wholeheartedly that Coach Brandon is a great coach. He has won wherever he's been. That is not in question.

Thier is one more thing i find interesting about all this "Bud Bashing" it all started after WC beat MJ wow isnt that interesting.....just makes you think :P

825608810[/snapback]

When they lose is when Coach Brandon makes his comments that I personally, even as a Wilson Central fan, find offensive.

825608813[/snapback]

Coach Fryer is, I'm told, a very intense, fundamental, perfectionist when it comes to practice. Watching his girls play, it is not hard to believe that. Getting technical fouls and being loud in practice is not at all what I was referring to. First of all, there is nothing wrong with getting technicals or hollering at your players. Secondly, my original post was about his respect he always seems to have for his opponent.