Summertown-Clarkrange

ballfanwm

This has to be the worst coaching job of the year for Coach Willard.  With less than 2 minutes into the game, he inserts a freshman against the best defensive team he has played all year. The result--3 turnovers.  Then he continues this crazy substituting the rest  of the game which no one in the stands could understand, at one point even having Long playing post.  Then he leaves Franks in the game until she fouls out with several minutes remaining,  and has Scott , who was his leading rebounder setting on the bench with no fouls, for the last 6 minutes of the game.  Clarkrange has the better team and deserved to win, however the Lady Eagles played hard and we are proud of what they have done this year. We are also proud of Coach Willard andCoach Porter, but this is one game that they should bear the burden of loss.  No offense to anyone, just telling it like it is.

825612022[/snapback]

No one works harder than Coaches Willard and Porter and the Lady Eagles. I know it is your right to say what you want to say. However, it is also my right to reply as I wish. Get a degree and take his job if you think you are worthy. Have you seen the shooting statistics? I think the statistics speak volumes. Like I said before, he doesn't have a remote control on the players to control their every move. You say you are proud of him and the team, but you jump on every chance to criticize him. Get your degree. You can even try shaving your head and wearing a suit, but you'll never be able to coach like he does.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look what these girls and the coaching staff has done for two years in a row,

BALLFANWN you are a idiot do not bring down these girls or coaches because summertown played a good team in clarkrange.

825612368[/snapback]

No, not an idiot, nor a brown nosing parent or grandparent, just a fan of the EAGLES AND EAGLETTES AND A FRIEND OF SOME OF THE PLAYERS, expressing what about 90% of the fans in attendance there yesterday thought. I say again, "we are proud of our players and our coaches" but when you get to the state, you have to play your best and most experienced players--if you expect to have a chance to win. Like C-range did.

825613032[/snapback]

Ninety percent??? You sure did cover a lot of territory if you polled that many people. You are not TOO big of a fan if you don't even know that Coach Willard changed the name "Eagelttes" to "Lady Eagles" when he began coaching them. I am proud to say each and every one of them are indeed "Ladies." They are the most polite and beautiful kids in the world. There are no brown nosing parents or grandparents...just good people by my observation.

One reason the shooting percentage was so low was because the outside shooters were forcing their shots.  What was the percentage of our inside game of Scott and Franks?  Scott was 3 of 6, drawing 2 fouls on the 3 misses,  and Franks was over 50%, I would say.  Yet Scott was benched the last 6 minutes, and never re-entered after Franks fouled out.  Maybe she did something to deserve benching, but it definitely could not have been for missing the last shot she took. All I am saying is sometimes the team has a bad  game----and they get told about----sometimes the coaches have a bad game and no one ever says "Bad Game Coach" I do not mean to take anything away from C-Range--Congratulations--and to the Lady Eagles--Congratulations--making it to the final 8 is great.

825612351[/snapback]

Uh, yeah, people do say "bad game coach." As a matter of fact...you have several times.

I feel that this year is over, and that every player and coach must take this game as a learning experience and start preparing  now for a better and more exciting year next year. As I said before, we are proud of our players and coaches.  It just happens that the players should not have to assume all the responsibility of losing this game.

825612095[/snapback]

No coach for whom I ever played or any with whom I have ever had a relationship solely blames his/her players for losses. Every coach with whom I have associated takes most of the blame on himself/herself. It would be nice if we all had jobs in which a scoreboard was lit up to indicate how well we are performing...some of us might be in the negative numbers!

I had the pleasure to talk to Coach Porter today. I was impressed with how he handled the girls. He had the girls at the Walker Valley game. He talked to several girls one on one about what was taking place in the game. He is already mentally preparing them for next yr. They are motivated and looking forward to returning to the Boro. I think they only had one sr. By the way, the young ladies were well behaved.

This has to be the worst coaching job of the year for Coach Willard.  With less than 2 minutes into the game, he inserts a freshman against the best defensive team he has played all year. The result--3 turnovers.  Then he continues this crazy substituting the rest  of the game which no one in the stands could understand, at one point even having Long playing post.  Then he leaves Franks in the game until she fouls out with several minutes remaining,  and has Scott , who was his leading rebounder setting on the bench with no fouls, for the last 6 minutes of the game.  Clarkrange has the better team and deserved to win, however the Lady Eagles played hard and we are proud of what they have done this year. We are also proud of Coach Willard andCoach Porter, but this is one game that they should bear the burden of loss.  No offense to anyone, just telling it like it is.

825612022[/snapback]

I have read some of your comments since you first logged on in January. Seems to me you have a personal vendetta aganist Coach Willard and SOME of his players. It's easy to say comments when you are hiding behind your monkier. Maybe next time you're at a game and he's not coaching it to suit your expectations why don't you go to the bench and give him some advice? Let's see how that works. You call yourself a "fan." I call you anything but a fan. Seems like you may be associated with another team who is trying to continually stir up bad stuff for the Lady Eagles. I think you are a legend in your own mind and probably never played basketball, much less coached. Coaches and players have families who read this sort of thing. Maybe you ought to try approaching one of them in person and expressing yourself. Then, see how far you get. He's been criticized by far more knowledgable people than you are about the game...and he's still coaching. It is easy for you to sit at a few games a year and judge him. The season is now over for YOU. It is NEVER over for him. He will continue teaching the game and studying game footage all summer long. You have made comments about players' ablities and lack thereof many times on your posts. It's one thing to criticize adults, but it is poor taste to criticize kids. Like I said before, why don't you tell people what you think to their faces, rather than hiding behind your coacht moniker? You are obviously trying to stir up trouble where there is none. We are a team and we will continue to be a team. We have a great bunch of girls and great families in Summertown. We are proud to be from there.