EHS staying in 3a bad decision

Tab

I think it is an awful decision for EHS to stay in the new 3a. They lose money because the teams in their conference will bring close to noone plus why should the fans go on the road  there are no places to set at the schools except Unicoi. Also all you band people you can have 3 or 4 games off every year. Plus they say South will still be a money game and I disagree I have been to South and EHS games and you could fit everyone on oneside with room left over. This year and last you get crowds because it is for the conference but after this year it means nothing.

I know they are after a state title but if Alcoa moves to 3a EHS is in trouble again. I think they are staying out of 4a because of Greeneville and Fulton. I am sure some disagree but the crowds will take a huge hit at home and on the road and you have to agree with that. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is an awful decision for EHS to stay in the new 3a. They lose money because the teams in their conference will bring close to noone plus why should the fans go on the road there are no places to set at the schools except Unicoi. Also all you band people you can have 3 or 4 games off every year. Plus they say South will still be a money game and I disagree I have been to South and EHS games and you could fit everyone on oneside with room left over. This year and last you get crowds because it is for the conference but after this year it means nothing.

I know they are after a state title but if Alcoa moves to 3a EHS is in trouble again. I think they are staying out of 4a because of Greeneville and Fulton. I am sure some disagree but the crowds will take a huge hit at home and on the road and you have to agree with that.

I think it is a mistake for EHS as well but South has always represented well on the road. We still fill up at Boone, TNH, and Gate City and they are also bragging rights only. As long as the Sullivan County BOE doesn't do something crazy after this system wide study they are doing I think you will have good crowds from South.

Losing Ethan and Oldes is gonna be a tough loss but we still have good players. Our line will be losing hardly anyone on either sideof the ball. We still have 3 RBs that will burn youif given an opening. Tyree and the other QB have a lot of potential. I wish we went to 4A because no one wants to see us smash West Greene, CD, Clairborne and no one will want to travel to see those games. We will be in a new stadium next season as well. Staying in 3A is an easy choice if we're wanting to compete for a title. The article, Mike Wilson said it pretty well, T$$AA is all about the $$$. They couldn't give a rat's donkey about the people dealing with their screwups.

That is what made no sense about the article. Elizabethton's football is the money sport and if they move to 4a they will make more money. Playing South, TN HIgh, East, Greeneville, Central, Volunteer and Cherokee would make more money than playing the 3a teams plus a lot less travel in 4a. So I guess EHS is willing to lose money to go for a title?

I have heard that It is in discussion to continue to play boone, south, s. Hill, and tn high. So we play 3a for at least next 2 years, after then we will see what lies ahead. Track you said no one would be traveling to watch those games, I for one will. No matter who or where we play we need to support those kids 100% no matter what class or location. Thats my 2 cents worth. Tab for the majority of the past years when under the "3" classifications we also played up, but the past few years when "6" classes were used we have played where they put us. Who knows maybe Greenville may be on schedule

The reason under the 3 classes they played up was because of the crowds and money. Not everyone can get off work early and drive 2 and 1/2 hours to Claiborne County to watch a 50 point blow out or drive over an hour to West Greene and stand for 3 hours watching another blow out