Memory Lane: 1976 Bradley Central Bears (40-year anniversary)

I know some of the BC fans were talking about it on their thread, so I figured we'd give this team their own thread for the anniversary.

1976 Bradley Central Bears

Class AAA State Champions (13-0)

Ranked #19 in the nation

Head Coach:

LOUIE ALFORD

TSWA 1st team All-State:

DENNIS CARROLL (Lineman)

Later made All-State:

KINNY HOOPER (RB, 1978)

BOBBY McLEMORE (tackle, 1978)

Making All-State back then was a lot tougher than it is now, so maybe you long-time BC fans can name more key players from the team.

W 43-13 Kingsbury

W 41-14 McMinn Co.

W 7-0 Chattanooga Central

W 9-6 Red Bank

W 26-8 Fayette Ware

W 10-7 Clinton

W 21-13 Cleveland

W 28-7 Baylor

W 27-14 East Ridge

W 23-0 Rhea Co.

Playoffs

W 18-0 Kirkman

W 24-18 Dobyns-Bennett

W 50-48 (3OT) Jackson Central-Merry

Some rating services rated that Championship Game the 3rd most exciting in the country that year. Behind 1) Super Bowl 2) the Rose Bowl.

It was a tremendous game between two of the most evenly matched teams I have seen. Tied at 7 in the 1st, 14 at the half, 21 at the end of 3 and 28 all at the end of regulation.

The winning 2 point conversion was on a broken play to boot, scored by the MVP QB Scott Kyle.

Some rating services rated that Championship Game the 3rd most exciting in the country that year. Behind 1) Super Bowl 2) the Rose Bowl.

It was a tremendous game between two of the most evenly matched teams I have seen. Tied at 7 in the 1st, 14 at the half, 21 at the end of 3 and 28 all at the end of regulation.

The winning 2 point conversion was on a broken play to boot, scored by the MVP QB Scott Kyle.

Must have been exciting. Aside from the Brentwood Academy-MBA game this past year, we just don't see games like that hardly ever.