Bearden vs Sevier co

643-dp

It was a terrible evening at bearden park. The bulldogs beat up on the smoky bears 12-2. The playing conditions were awful and so was Sevier Co. Bearden put the ball in play alot and Sevier co. couldn't handle it. Congrats to the bulldogs, will they be playing today?

Guru, I read earlier where Maryville also benefited from SC errors. 

If SC can improve defensively, do you think they can challenge for a 6 or 7 seed in the district tourney?

825621748[/snapback]

Yes Bizazz, during the preseason, SC has been very solid on defense. I think the youth has shown with the pressures of gametime. Their team has only 3 seniors and rely on a lot of sophmores. So once they get seasoned a bit, I think they will be fine. This would be a great opportunity this year for them to crawl out of the cellar in 4-AAA.

Guru, can you give any details on the loss to Morristown West on Tuesday? Who pitched for both teams, hitters, etc?

825621776[/snapback]

It was a slow game. Brady and Connaster pitched for West. Miller and Switzer (SO) and Byram (JR) pitched for SC. SC was up 1-0 until the defense got shaky. West scored 2 unearned runs- one in the 4th and one in the 7th. West had 4 hits and 2 errors and SC had 5 hits and 5 errors. Conley hit well for West. It was a slow game until around the 5th inning. West is a little down from how they have been in the past. It looks like everyone is going to need to worry about Jeff. Co.