Distict 8?

Bean2005

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty early to tell. So far in the young season, D8 teams seem to be struggling. Several teams are 1-1-0 or 0-1-0 (Franklin County is off to a really rough start at 0-2-0).

Biggest question is whether Coach C can finally put together a complete package at Tullahoma for the boy's season - he probably has the talent and the right chemistry, but THS has faltered before in similar situations. Tonight's matchup against Siegel may give us a glimpse into that crystal ball. If THS wins, they'll go to 2-0-0 and may be off to the races.

But, I don't think anyone knows how good Columbia might be, either.

Gotta be honest, though. Overall, I think District 7 is stronger, such that when we get to sub-State, Region 4 may be represented by two D7 teams.

Good luck with your season!

Pretty early to tell.  So far in the young season, D8 teams seem to be struggling.  Several teams are 1-1-0 or 0-1-0 (Franklin County is off to a really rough start at 0-2-0).

Biggest question is whether Coach C can finally put together a complete package at Tullahoma for the boy's season - he probably has the talent and the right chemistry, but THS has faltered before in similar situations.  Tonight's matchup against Siegel may give us a glimpse into that crystal ball.  If THS wins, they'll go to 2-0-0 and may be off to the races.

But, I don't think anyone knows how good Columbia might be, either.

Gotta be honest, though.  Overall, I think District 7 is stronger, such that when we get to sub-State, Region 4 may be represented by two D7 teams.

Good luck with your season!

825622728[/snapback]

Columbia and Tullahoma have always had a good rivalry and it should continue this year. Columbia has lost several key players from last year but should still be solid. Their strength has always been the defense and their back line is still intact from last year. They have alot of players who have stepped up this year and their offense should improve a little. They have a new keeper this year. But like I said their back line is impressive. Both district tournament games between Tullahoma and Columbia the past two years went to PK shootouts. Both these teams play hard against each other. Tullahoma is a well coached team.

Edited by freekick2001

Tullahoma 3 Siegal 0...tullahoma was missing starting keeper and 2 other key starters but i dunno about siegal...Osbaldo Ibarra scored the hat trick for tullahoma tonight...but as for that Columbia-Tullahoma game im sure it wll be a good one, always is...Columbia lost some key players and probably not as solid as last year but we expect a hard fought match

Franklin County has some very good individual talent, but hasn't become a soccer team yet. They are off to a rocky 0-3-0 start. Beware their outside speed and their willingness to make a game of it at whatever level of competition they are up against.

I think Tullahoma travels to Lincoln County today and Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Coffee and Columbia have two District matches this week, etc. Everyone is busy in District 8. By the end of the week we should have an idea who the contenders are [probably Columbia and Tullahoma....again]

well, just thought everyone would like to know, columbia tied franklin county 2-2.

and i'd like to reply to the very first comment about the district struggling at the start. two years ago columbia started 0-4-2 and made it to the final four in state.

plus, i believe tullahoma is the favorite to win the region. i dont know much about District 7 though, but i know that tullahoma was good last year. good luck to everybody.