Portland vs. Greenbrier

JSCOTT

Wow! Cbarkley/catfish is at it again! I step away for awhile and he goes and tries to stir it up with another Bobcat fan. Sorry about that No Doubt.

CBarkley, I am glad to see that you take it so personal when I "attacked" the Sycamore program. As No Doubt has accurately interpreted, my "attack" was on you and not on Sycamore. I have plenty of respect for the Sycamore program from the Pee Wee level all the way up. I think it is a GREAT rivalry and was THRILLED when I found out we would be in the same region again. I just love to call you out since you seem to love to run your mouth and tell everyone how it is going to be about EVERYTHING!!!

No, the odds of Greenbrier ending up in Murfreesboro again this year are pretty dad-gum slim. BUT, that doesn't mean they won't have another high-caliber squad again this year. If I were to predict the Bobcats' season based on their scrimmage with Portland, I would say they finish #2 in the region, #3 at the worst. However, there is a long way to go between here and there. They could finish #5. What they will be is good. And, they will definitely play smash-mouth football the way Greenbrier always has.

Cbarkley, if you didn't get on here making a fool of yourself so often, maybe I and others wouldn't jump at the chance to mess with your mind so much. Your reaction to my post is evidence enough that you are easily riled up. Worse, yet, is the way you responded making bold predictions about how the War Eagles were going to kill Greenbrier this year just like you said they would last year. You continue with your normal madness.

I am looking forward to seeing how this year's Bobcats play after losing such a loaded senior class. I think there is a lot of talent still on the team that will step up and win a big game or two along with the games they are "supposed" to win.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I love that fact that after you went into hibernation for so long your first post was "The Sycamore Wanna-Be Eagles" thumb

Greenbrier #2 in the region??? :ph34r::lol::lol: Who are they gonna beat to get there???

Do me a favor and stop directing posts at me okay buddy. I have had nothing to say to you all winter long and now you want to get on here and start talking about how Greenbrier is gonna be so good next year and about the "Wanna-Be Eagles". It sure does sound like you do have lots of respect for a school by saying "Wanna-Be". You obviously do like reading my posts or you wouldn't keep directing posts in my direction just to draw responses thumb

Why don't you and NoDoubt both let the players do the talking on the field and quit popping off at the mouth about how Greenbrier is gonna finish after watching 1 SCRIMMAGE. BTW, why do they post a score in the Robertson County Times after a spring scrimmage. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WINNING OR LOSING A SCRIMMAGE.

Didn't your son graduate last year FatCat??? Is so, then why do you continue to post. Being 30+ years old and from South Carolina I was hoping that you'd go back home during the winter.

See, there you go again. Taking plain English text and twisting it around into something that was never said.

First, No Doubt has yet to EVER talk smack on here that I have seen in my 2 years of posting. He is probably the most respectful guy around when it comes to posting. Very humble in all .

Second, I said IF I were to make predictions based off the scrimmage they would finish second or third. But, you must have skipped the rest of the paragraph when I said there was a LONG WAY to go from here to there. Lots of things like injuries, maturity, teams gelling or not-gelling, etc. that happen along the way. But, the talent is definitely there to finish 2nd or 3rd.

I don't know why they post a score. Probably because the average joe in the county like to see scores. The reality is that they both scored 3 touchdowns. The only reason Greenbrier "lost" was because they went for two after the last touchdown. And, as you should know, they did the two point try not to "win" the scrimmage, but just to work on it in a game situation.

Yes, my son was a senior last year and is no longer playing, but that doesn't make me any less a Greenbrier Bobcat. I have another one waiting in the wings to play in about 3-4 years. And, even after he graduates, I will still be a Greenbrier Bobcat! That is one of the great things about this close-knit community.....everyone comes out and supports the program! Everytime we have played at Sycamore (high school or Pee Wee) our fans have outnumbered the Sycamore "faithful" each time except this last year. And, you only had a decent crowd that night since it was your homecoming.

CBarkley, as long as you are around here posting your incessant, immature dribble, FatCat will be here to annoy you! I don't go looking for your posts, I just can't help but find them since you seem to post all over the board in every sport as a supposed subject-matter expert. I have ignored many, many of your posts. It is just that certain ones require a response!

Guest catfish-hunter
See, there you go again.  Taking plain English text and twisting it around into something that was never said.

First, No Doubt has yet to EVER talk smack on here that I have seen in my 2 years of posting.  He is probably the most respectful guy around when it comes to posting.  Very humble in all .

Second, I said IF I were to make predictions based off the scrimmage they would finish second or third.  But, you must have skipped the rest of the paragraph when I said there was a LONG WAY to go from here to there.  Lots of things like injuries, maturity, teams gelling or not-gelling, etc. that happen along the way.  But, the talent is definitely there to finish 2nd or 3rd. 

I don't know why they post a score.  Probably because the average joe in the county like to see scores.  The reality is that they both scored 3 touchdowns.  The only reason Greenbrier "lost" was because they went for two after the last touchdown.  And, as you should know, they did the two point try not to "win" the scrimmage, but just to work on it in a game situation.

Yes, my son was a senior last year and is no longer playing, but that doesn't make me any less a Greenbrier Bobcat.  I have another one waiting in the wings to play in about 3-4 years.  And, even after he graduates, I will still be a Greenbrier Bobcat!  That is one of the great things about this close-knit community.....everyone comes out and supports the program!  Everytime we have played at Sycamore (high school or Pee Wee) our fans have outnumbered the Sycamore "faithful" each time except this last year.  And, you only had a decent crowd that night since it was your homecoming.

CBarkley, as long as you are around here posting your incessant, immature dribble, FatCat will be here to annoy you!  I don't go looking for your posts, I just can't help but find them since you seem to post all over the board in every sport as a supposed subject-matter expert.  I have ignored many, many of your posts.  It is just that certain ones require a response!

825635051[/snapback]

First off, I have no problems with NoDoubt. I have nothing but respect towards Mr. Herndon and his two sons. I think Roger will be a great success not only in college (both on the gridiron and the classroom) but in life as well. Kyle is a young man who exemplifies what it means to be a team player. He has played quarterback, wide out, and now you say he may be the Bobcats starting wingback in the fall. He did a great job filling in for Norton two years ago in the playoff win over Sycamore.

Secondly, do NOT make predictions off of a scrimmage. Scrimmages mean nothing thumb "IF" (another one of your words) you post something than you are posting an opinion. If you did not believe it then you'd keep your comment to yourself.

Third, your fans really outnumbered the Sycamore "faithful" (your words not mine FatCat) at homecoming last fall. Really??? I will be sure and buy you a cookie for that buddy because the way that sounded you act as if you being there and supporting the team made a huge difference in the outcome of the game. Good Job :ph34r::lol::lol:

Finally, post all you want to because it makes no difference to me. You are without question a huge observer of my posts. Maybe I'll send you a picture so you can come and sit next to me in the fall. Seeing as how Greenbrier is gonna finish #2 in the region following that big spring scrimmage game at Portland you sound like a guy who could teach me quite a bit about the game thumb

First off, I have no problems with NoDoubt.  I have nothing but respect towards Mr. Herndon and his two sons. 
Why don't you and NoDoubt both let the players do the talking on the field and quit popping off at the mouth about how Greenbrier is gonna finish after watching 1 SCRIMMAGE.

Yeah, sounds like you have a LOT of respect for him!

Plus, you are the one who popped off at the mouth all last year just to have your Eagles finish 6th in the region! So, don't tell me or anyone else about "popping off".

Secondly, do NOT make predictions off of a scrimmage.  Scrimmages mean nothing thumb 

If they mean nothing, why do we play them?!? They are a gauge for the coach to check the progress of his team. And, based on their performance in that scrimmage, their progress is very good. Makes for a good season in the fall! They still have a lot of work to do as all teams do. But, their progress is good since they are replacing a ton of great seniors!

Third, your fans really outnumbered the Sycamore "faithful" (your words not mine FatCat) at homecoming last fall.  Really??? 

Again, you can't read the English language. I said the last several games EXCEPT for the game this past year at your homecoming. Go back and try to read that one again.....S L O W L Y! You are clearly the epitome of the "dumb jock"! ;) You must have been a lineman.

Guest catfish-hunter

Just like you said that you had lots of respect for the Sycamore football program but then you turn right around and say "the Sycamore Wanna-Be Eagles". Now that's respect at it's finest right there thumb

I wouldn't be calling anyone dumb when on a PM you kept spelling Jacob Aldridge's last name "Aldrich". Don't talk about kids if you can't even get their names right.

A close played scrimmage with Portland and you are making predictions on the season. Portland has nothing to do with you success, or lack there of, against White House. Those guys are probably gonna be the unanimous choice among the coaches to win the region title this fall. Yes you did say 2nd OR 3rd, but still what does playing a close scrimmage with portland have to do with playing your region opponents in the fall???

Good luck to you in the fall as well FatCat and please make good on your word and stop sending me messages. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to meet you in the fall when we make the trip to Greenbrier, of course that depends on whether or not you accept the invitation or whether you would like to continue to hide behind your little keyboard like a COWARD!!!!

Catfish/CBarkley,

You know how to tell somebody is a "wannabe"? When they study facts about a person or people that they become an "expert" on what they think they know about those people. Obviously, since you aren't FROM Greenbrier, you are very fascinated with the Bobcats to "respect" NoDoubt and know so much about his sons, and have learned to spell our players names as well as they can spell them themselves. When you know what grades OUR players are in and every position they play, that is a little freaky. Do you spend your time studying ALL teams, or just ours?

What is your problem---other than your hatred for Greenbrier? You DO realize that the last few seasons are over, don't you? This fall will be a new shakeup in the region and all the teams are going to start from square one. I've read most messages about Greenbrier, and I've yet to see anyone from Greenbrier come out tooting our horn or talking about how we're going back to the 'Boro. It appears that the fact that we went last year still really pains you. You're not alone---there's another out from another school just like you. You probably were thrilled that we we only state runnerups. Get over it. This is a NEW season.

I'll come to the defense of NoDoubt and FatCat. They're dads proud of their sons and the team, just like the rest of the community. You are all over these boards giving your "expertise" on almost every subject here so I think you would best be served by listening to someone that actually has SOME knowledge of the team their son is on.

Let us make this perfectly CLEAR, for anyone that seems to not understand Greenbrier writing. The season has YET to begin. Our team will give it their best. Do we know who will win each game this year? No, sorry, but our crystal ball is in the shop. Do we claim that we are going back to the 'Boro---? MAYBE not----but ANYTHING is possible. There are many, many practices and games yet to go----don't get riled already. Take a breath and wait for Fall. It will all play out then, and not until then.

I'm SURE you will reply in some form. But I'm not FatCat or NoDoubt. I won't play your verbage games. It's a waste of words right now. Wait until the games begin.

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish/CBarkley,

You know how to tell somebody is a "wannabe"?  When they study facts about a person or people that they become an "expert" on what they think they know about those people.  Obviously, since you aren't FROM Greenbrier, you are very fascinated with the Bobcats to "respect" NoDoubt and know so much about his sons, and have learned to spell our players names as well as they can spell them themselves.  When you know what grades OUR players are in and every position they play, that is a little freaky.  Do you spend your time studying ALL teams, or just ours? 

What is your problem---other than your hatred for Greenbrier?  You DO realize that the last few seasons are over, don't you?  This fall will be a new shakeup in the region and all the teams are going to start from square one.  I've read most messages about Greenbrier, and I've yet to see anyone from Greenbrier come out tooting our horn or talking about how we're going back to the 'Boro.  It appears that the fact that we went last year still really pains you. You're not alone---there's another out from another school just like you.  You probably were thrilled that we we only state runnerups.    Get over it.  This is a NEW season. 

I'll come to the defense of NoDoubt and FatCat.  They're dads proud of their sons and the team, just like the rest of the community.  You are all over these boards giving your "expertise" on almost every subject here so I think you would best be served by listening to someone that actually has SOME knowledge of the team their son is on.   

Let us make this perfectly CLEAR, for anyone that seems to not understand Greenbrier writing.      The season has YET to begin.  Our team will give it their best.  Do we know who will win each game this year?  No, sorry, but our crystal ball is in the shop.  Do we claim that we are going back to the 'Boro---?    MAYBE not----but ANYTHING is possible.  There are many, many practices and games yet to go----don't get riled already.    Take a breath and wait for Fall.  It will all play out then, and not until then.

I'm SURE you will reply in some form.  But I'm not FatCat or NoDoubt.  I won't play your verbage games.  It's a waste of words right now.  Wait until  the games begin.

825636106[/snapback]

The last few years mean nothing to me because in all honesty I never played on a TEAM that lost to Greenbrier in the fall. GreenbrierCat2, why would I have such hatred towards a team that beat my school and finally won a few playoff games after I was long grauated???

You Greenbrier fans should all realize that I have NEVER said that Sycamore is gonna be great this year. I said that Greenbrier will be crying in the fall, but what does that have to do with Sycamore??? MY POINT EXACTLY thumb

"like a COWARD" (which was the last phrase on my previous post) is not necessarily calling someone a coward. It is making a comparison. I thought that you and FatCat may know the difference seeing as how you guys know all and I know so little.

NoDoubt, did you really "poor mouth" the coach at Springfield??? I'd expect more from such nice and respectful person such as yourself Mr. Herndon. I thought FatCat said that you have never bashed on anyone. By calling him "the most respectful guy around" FatCat (which those are your exact words) I would expect for that to hold 100% true.

It seems to me like all of you dads out there need to quit getting on here and running your mouth after somebody has something to say about your son's team. See ya in the fall fellas!!!

I started this thread to check out the Portland  team. I love the passion of the Eagle and Bobcat fans. I don't  know any of the people on the thread, but your passion is nice to see. I do know NoDoubt did poor mouth the Springfield coach at one time,over these lines. Good luck to both teams. Have great years.

825636125[/snapback]

First, I'm not aware that I've ever bad-mouthed Springfield or their coach. Second, "poor-mouthed" is a very subjective term. Jon Offut is a Greenbrier guy that I went to school with and am still friends with. I doubt I bad-mouthed him. I might have have commented about them some time or another but I wouldn't have said something that I wouldn't have said to the coach directly. Making comments about coaches is not disrespecting players, other posters, or the community. To me bad-mouthing is talking down a player, a team, telling someone they "stink", telling them how you're going to beat them,........ stuff like that. If I bad-mouthed Jon, send me the link to it. I'm not saying that I didn't but I sure don't remember it. I will say that I'm not a huge fan of Doc at MLK. He does know basketball but, in my opinion, he's very disrespectable to other players and fans. I can make this statement based on things that I've seen him say and do. I learned too long ago that it's not going to benefit me or my team by talking down anyone. If you win, then you just look cocky. If you lose, you've just set yourself up for a serious case of eating crow.